Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where? sign me up! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Hey Mike,

Contact Markus [Hausator] on the S&F board. If you don't mention my name he might even add you to the list. :lol Markus is the terrific sculptor responsible for the 1/4 scale Sharku and Skully orc busts and the 1/6 scale Fountain Guard statue. The MOSoS is his latest project and I believe there are still a few spots open, but if you're interested [and you should be!] I wouldn't wait too long. :D

Hey Mike,

Contact Markus [Hausator] on the S&F board. If you don't mention my name he might even add you to the list. :lol Markus is the terrific sculptor responsible for the 1/4 scale Sharku and Skully orc busts and the 1/6 scale Fountain Guard statue. The MOSoS is his latest project and I believe there are still a few spots open, but if you're interested [and you should be!] I wouldn't wait too long. :D

i never knew any of those things existed wow. any links to pics of them?

Hey Mike,

i'm not a member over there. i'm going to have to look him up. thanks.

i never knew any of those things existed wow. any links to pics of them?

https://charles-song.com/theshadowandflame/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8694

https://charles-song.com/theshadowandflame/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7447

https://charles-song.com/theshadowandflame/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6763

https://charles-song.com/theshadowandflame/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7708

This ought to get you started. This is just a sample of what's going on at the S&F board. :D

i'm not a member over there. i'm going to have to look him up. thanks.

You can contact Markus via his website as well.

https://members.fotki.com/Hausator-Sculpting/

Well, I've had a good sleep now after my very late night, heart thumping experience (not only my first PPO, but my first ever direct SS order).

Its starting to look like they may have set a few more aside for non-attendee's, either that or we all got lucky.

I assume these won't ship till just before or even just after SDCC, I hate to think what the postage is going to be even for something so small and light. Even so, I think its worth it (even tho its going to cost me 4 times what I paid for CoD), almost the lowest ES item I'll have and will go perfect with CoD and Eagle vs Fellbeast Dio's.

Congrads to all those that also got one, will be interesting to see how many waitlists convert, or of course you could pay the extra premium to a flipper, I see a number listed on ebay already.

One final note, I wonder if SS will fix the handle of Sting in time, its not all black you know.

Love the Cave troll---Is his stuff on the pricey side?

The sculpts themselves are quite reasonable considering most custom pieces like these have ES's of between 30 and 60. Where they get a bit pricey is the custom painting, but you've got it made if you have the skills to paint them yourself. They are definitely more costly in the end, but you really do get what you pay for....namely an extremely limited custom sculpt with professional paint app's. And the nice thing is you can always buy the unpained sculpt and have them painted whenever you want, or can afford to do so.

holy . . . wow . . . i never knew about these things and they look fantastic. i never knew about s &f either. looks like a fun place too

I really hope SS fixes the hilt on Sting before the Con, although in a very small scale; it should at least be brown. :cool:

I really hope SS fixes the hilt on Sting before the Con, although in a very small scale; it should at least be brown. :cool:

yeah, at least brown is my hope as well. Getting the fine silver 'vine' pattern around it may be a bit to much to ask at that scale. But if it can be painted black, then it can be brown like the real one.

Just got the processing notice :rock

Dear Valued Collector,

We will begin processing all Non-Attendee orders for the Comic-con Exclusive Mount Doom - Frodo and Sam Polystone Diorama collectible (item #9721SC) on July 6th. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

These items are anticipated to begin shipping from our warehouse on July 17, 2009.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I've had to cancel mine so congrats to someone on the waitlist :(

It's just funds are too tight at the moment for me (yes even $110 tight :eek:) to spend on 'extras'. Oh well... :monkey2

I just canceled mine as well. I had three non-attendee items and I only kept one. I don't collect these statues anyway so I figured I'd let someone else have it.

Got my notice earlier this afternoon.

I'm hoping that the dimunitive size will not be a factor. If it impresses me enough, I may go back and pick up the "crack of doom" piece as well. We'll see.

No notice for me...but TBH I actually can't remember the last time I got a notice :monkey2

If it wasn't for this board I would have not idea when these items were gonna get charged :lol :lol

Mines come through as well, tho i'm expecting a follow up email to give me final postage cost's, etc. Should be interesting to see how much that is.

Back