Mondo: Spider-Man The Animated Series: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never owned any Mondo figures before. How is the quality and paint job of their figures?

The age old question. I've seen their BTAS figures chip easily, it's what happens when every inch of the figure is painted.
Thanks bud. Just saw some animated series Wolverine review videos and you are absolutely right. I might better wait for some other company to have a crack at this.

Safe to say I’m gonna go deep in line like the X-men. But there are a lot of Spider-Man characters I can see getting made, this could get expensive 😆

Attachments

• IMG_4414.jpeg
    IMG_4414.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks bud. Just saw some animated series Wolverine review videos and you are absolutely right. I might better wait for some other company to have a crack at this.

I have all the Xmen line currently and I've had a few of the Batman. I didn't get rid of the Batman for any negative reason, it was a space issue.

Mondo IMO is getting better with their figures with each release. The Sabertooth is a BEAST of a figure, big, heavy, and looks amazing. Their older figures like Wolverine will need to be 2.0 so the paint looks as good as their newer figures.

That said some figures like the deluxe Batman had some sticky paint issues on the deluxe cape, but I haven't seen that problem pop up since.

If you want a figure to look like it walked out of the animated series and onto your shelf, this is the line to get, the Cel shading really pops on a shelf IMO. If you want a more realistic take but still look comic inspired, wait for Hono to do a Spiderman.

However Hono won't go as deep with characters as Mondo. In their Xmen line we are getting Omega Red, the Batman line is getting Man Bat. You'll never see Hot Toys/Hono go that far down the rabbit hole.

My advice. Get one figure see how you like it. Having it in hand is way different then watching videos, seeing pics, or even reading people's opinions.

I have all the Xmen line currently and I've had a few of the Batman. I didn't get rid of the Batman for any negative reason, it was a space issue.

Mondo IMO is getting better with their figures with each release. The Sabertooth is a BEAST of a figure, big, heavy, and looks amazing. Their older figures like Wolverine will need to be 2.0 so the paint looks as good as their newer figures.

That said some figures like the deluxe Batman had some sticky paint issues on the deluxe cape, but I haven't seen that problem pop up since.

If you want a figure to look like it walked out of the animated series and onto your shelf, this is the line to get, the Cel shading really pops on a shelf IMO. If you want a more realistic take but still look comic inspired, wait for Hono to do a Spiderman.

However Hono won't go as deep with characters as Mondo. In their Xmen line we are getting Omega Red, the Batman line is getting Man Bat. You'll never see Hot Toys/Hono go that far down the rabbit hole.

My advice. Get one figure see how you like it. Having it in hand is way different then watching videos, seeing pics, or even reading people's opinions.
This helped a lot my friend. Thank you so much I really appreciate it 😊❤️ I'll be getting that Spider-man and Venom day 1.

Which characters are everyone thinking are locks?

Announced:
Spider-Man
Symbiote Spider-Man
Venom

I think we’ll get:
Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Black Cat
Carnage

Maybes:
MJ
Hobgoblin
Scorpion
Kraven

Which characters are everyone thinking are locks?

Announced:
Spider-Man
Symbiote Spider-Man
Venom

I think we’ll get:
Doc Ock
Green Goblin
Black Cat
Carnage

Maybes:
MJ
Hobgoblin
Scorpion
Kraven
There was a stream back in September with one of the head guys of Mondo's design teams and after all but confirming Venom, went on about Lizard and Hobgoblin so those two are likely as well.

Back