MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that it's really limited. It's a pretty good feeling to be one of just 500 in the world to have the Ex Leonardo.

That said I will get the rest even if I don't get the exclusives. Have high hopes for this line.

Those who were lucky enough to snag a subscription, are they still able to order the Exclusives? Also, were buyers able to PO more than one Leo exclusive? I hope it was only limited to one per account, like how Sideshow handles their exclusives to give more of an opportunity to everyone.

Those who were lucky enough to snag a subscription, are they still able to order the Exclusives? Also, were buyers able to PO more than one Leo exclusive? I hope it was only limited to one per account, like how Sideshow handles their exclusives to give more of an opportunity to everyone.

I'm not entirely sure. I imagine even if we were able, mondo would see we have the sub on our account and cancel the order. As for it being one per person, I'm not entirely sure. People were adding several leonardos to their account to see how many remained so it's hard to say. But someone did accidentally order two subscriptions so my guess is that it wasn't one per person/household.

I'm not entirely sure. I imagine even if we were able, mondo would see we have the sub on our account and cancel the order. As for it being one per person, I'm not entirely sure. People were adding several leonardos to their account to see how many remained so it's hard to say. But someone did accidentally order two subscriptions so my guess is that it wasn't one per person/household.

That's disappointing to hear and must make scalping easier. 200 subscriptions seems very limited to me.

I've never collected anything from Mondo, so I have no idea what these will be going for in the aftermarket and on ebay.

I'm going to try my best and get a Donny Exclusive!

Say all you want guys. I'm happy that you guys were able to grab to sub or the exclusive. I know it's feels good to be part of the fortunate ones.
I just don't like the business model. I really want to support this line even though it feels over priced but just very disappoint in how Mondo is treating potential customers.
The limited nature itself adds to the collecting experience. I would much prefer if it was an exclusive bloody paint version or something less essential. We've suffered enough from Mattel's SDCC exclusive accessories.
I think the Hot Toys business model runs best so far. The exclusives are accessories that aren't of importance but if you want it you are able to acquire one with out too much frustration.

That's disappointing to hear and must make scalping easier. 200 subscriptions seems very limited to me.

I've never collected anything from Mondo, so I have no idea what these will be going for in the aftermarket and on ebay.

I'm going to try my best and get a Donny Exclusive!

I'm going to see if I can get my hands on the next exclusive. If it's still so ridiculous I might just give up on this line. Or may wait until they go on sale.

Look, if you guys like these figures and want to support this line then do so. But I think it's ridiculous when people say things like "I'm the biggest tmnt fan and should get a claim to the sub" or something like "the exclusives are too limited, this frustrates me so I'm not buying any." Ill admit, I got a Leo exclusive. But I doubt i'll be able to get all of the exclusives. And I'm OK with that. I'm happy when things are exclusive rather than what hot toys does, saturating the market.

So ill just say, it can suck for some to miss out on exclusives but that's the nature of this game. If it's too much for you, then I'd suggest dropping the hobby altogether.

Say all you want guys. I'm happy that you guys were able to grab to sub or the exclusive. I know it's feels good to be part of the fortunate ones.
I just don't like the business model. I really want to support this line even though it feels over priced but just very disappoint in how Mondo is treating potential customers.
The limited nature itself adds to the collecting experience. I would much prefer if it was an exclusive bloody paint version or something less essential. We've suffered enough from Mattel's SDCC exclusive accessories.
I think the Hot Toys business model runs best so far. The exclusives are accessories that aren't of importance but if you want it you are able to acquire one with out too much frustration.

That's highly subjective. The current exclusive items included don't mean absolutely anything to me, so I couldn't care less about them. I'm fine with the actual figure, and that's it.

Had the EX been the cartoon HS with the corresponding color, then I'd expect absolutely everyone bitching about it rightfully so.

As it is, not many really care.

And I don't care what anyone says, I don't see myself as less of a fan than anybody else here.

I want these dolls NOW.

You honestly cannot compare Mondo to Hot Toys in any way shape or form. Hot Toys has been making figures for ages and are big enough now to be able to make thousands upon thousands of regular and exclusive figures. This is Mondos what, third time making figures after the iron giant and the first turtle? If you compared ANY company that was essentially starting out like they are in terms of figures, you'll find similar edition sizes.

I still have no idea why people are getting up in arms over the exclusive. Oh wait, yes I do. It's because it says exclusive on the box. Now I know there are people who want them for the exclusive item and would/will display them with it. But lets be honest here, most of those ******** people don't give a crap about the item, they just want the exclusive because there's less of them so they're more desirable. They want to be able to brag that they have all the exclusive turtle figures. When they're asked where the exclusive item is, they'll tell them it's in the box.

Mondo could post tomorrow that they're instituting a subscription plan with $10 off each turtle but they're the regular versions. And guess what all the butt hurt people will say? "No way, that's stupid! I want the exclusive version only! I'm not wasting my money!"

Meanwhile, you have all the other people whether they got the sub, exclusive, or normal who are just jazzed that we're getting high end turtles figures that we've been waiting years for.

I've only had one issue with mondo since I started trying to buy their stuff. On drops their website would run like molasses flowing uphill. Stuff would sell out before the page could load because it was so damn slow. Finally after years of countless drops where I only scored one because it took an hour to sell out, I got both the Kelly ooze print and the sub. Mondo had clearly finally listened and updated their site layout and what I can only assume is their servers because the site runs so much more smoothly. This after dozens of tries before to get prints. If I hadn't gotten them, well that sucks and I'd probably utter dammit out loud and go back to what I was doing. That's literally the name of the collector game. Collectors have things too easy nowadays.

I like exclusivity as much as the next collector, but when something sell out on in a couple of minutes after it has gone up for PO it means the limited run was extremely low. From what I understand, people were able to order more than one of the Leo exclusive. Making it easy for someone to order them just for re-sell purposes. I think there should at least be a limit to two per account/home address/credit card information.

Scareb makes a good point though, Mondo is new to the game in terms of manufacturing figures. They may have underestimated the popularity of these TMNT figures and that is why there are only 700 exclusives (200 subs and 500 singles) per turtle. If Leo and the sub sold out within 5-10 minutes, these must be in high demand. I just hope a majority of those who were able to purchase them were collectors who are going to enjoy this figure, rather than a scalper selling for 2x (or more) the base price.

With that being said, Where's Donny?! Sounds like the 29th is the day :yess:

Scareb makes a good point though, Mondo is new to the game in terms of manufacturing figures. They may have underestimated the popularity of these TMNT figures and that is why there are only 700 exclusives (200 subs and 500 singles) per turtle. If Leo and the sub sold out within 5-10 minutes, these must be in high demand. I just hope a majority of those who were able to purchase them were collectors who are going to enjoy this figure, rather than a scalper selling for 2x (or more) the base price.

With that being said, Where's Donny?! Sounds like the 29th is the day :yess:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the Exclusive version is set at a total of 500 pieces for each of the four turtles, which would be 200 reserved for subscribers and 300 available per figure for individual orders...

I don't think Mondo underestimated anything. The exclusive is really exclusive for once, and the regular is availible for anyone that wants it. Like it should be.

I don't think Mondo underestimated anything. The exclusive is really exclusive for once, and the regular is availible for anyone that wants it. Like it should be.

I respectfully disagree. If they sold out in 5-10 minutes, either a majority of scalpers ordered them or the run was extremely low compared to the market.

I respectfully disagree. If they sold out in 5-10 minutes, either a majority of scalpers ordered them or the run was extremely low compared to the market.

Well the sell out time doesn't really matter IMO. The run was always going to be limited, and the scalper thing seems a bit like people need something to blame for not getting a EX. I haven't seen one eBay listing of Leonardo so that seems like a flawed theory.

Maybe the run was low but it should be, exclusives are limited. I think the exclusive thing has become a bit watered down I think. When I can buy the exclusives from conventions in my local shop something is wrong.

Why do some of you sound so happy that others didn't land the Ex?...grow up man. We are all collectors, kudos to you guys on landing the Ex, but cut out the holier than thou attitude...

I haven't observed any of the holier than thou stuff. I'm sure there are some people that got the ex who just to brag (as scareb stated). I missed out on the sub but I'm not bashing Mondo about it and threatening to not buy any. I also can say I am not "happy" that others didn't get the ex. I'm just glad that there is such as thing as exclusive again. If I get just the leo exclusive and the regular ed of the others, I'd be happy. I think Scareb makes great points.

Back