MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back to see if there was any word on him. I'm not a fan of this one below and was hoping for something more toon accurate.

3rd_Party_Shredder__scaled_600.jpg

I'm certain that of/when Mondo makes him it will be more accurate.

Now bring on Donny!

The exclusive Gravitic Equalizer for Donnie is neat, but my first thought upon seeing it was "No way would I risk the paint rub taking that on and off him." In a way, it's kind of a let down, though I suppose it's not all bad; I could always save money ordering from somewhere else instead. I felt that Shredder's Gauntlet was an iconic piece for the Turtles as a whole, so I'm glad I was able to get the Leo exclusive. The rest: Gravitic Equalizer, Pizza slices, and Casey Mask, I could really take or leave. (Well, Casey's Mask is awesome, but if we're getting a Casey Figure that kind of takes the wind out of things a bit.)

Limited to 500 (200 of which will be part of the TMNT Subscription plan)...........

Should I even bother...

That depends. What's your blood pressure like? :wink1: I figure, if I won't display the figures with the exclusives, than it really shouldn't matter that much. (And I can hold on to the few years of my life that waiting in front of the computer compulsively pressing F5 will take away... :lol)

And actually, as more and more people become aware of this, I expect the exclusives are going to get progressively harder and harder to grab as each turtle goes up for PO.

It took about an hour for the Leo exclusive to sell out so as long as you act when he goes up, you shouldn't have a problem.

When Leo was released, was the email announcment sent out the same time as the twitter announcement? I remember checking about 30 minutes after the email and it was sold out. But I would think Leo is more popular than Donny, so maybe he will be available longer.

I love his gravity equalizer especially since he can actually use it on his arm. Does anyone know if Shredders gauntlet can be worn at all?

When Leo was released, was the email announcment sent out the same time as the twitter announcement? I remember checking about 30 minutes after the email and it was sold out. But I would think Leo is more popular than Donny, so maybe he will be available longer.

I think I got the email about 5 minutes after Leo dropped. Usually Twitter is your best bet if you can't sit at your computer F5ing when it drops. Tweets are usually pretty quick when something drops.

I think one thing is for sure though. Tomorrow will definitely determine how quickly mikey and raph sell out. If Donnie goes super quick, those two will go just as fast if not faster.

I love the Donny micro-series reference here which is a big shout out to the King Jack Kirby. One of Eastman and Laird's biggest influences:

TMNT-DONNIE-1.jpg

Am I reading this right? There's only 300? It's gonna be a massacre...

"Donatello 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure (Mondo Exclusive Version). Approx. 11" / 27.94cm in height. Material: PVC. Includes Gravitic Equalizer exclusive accessroy. Limited to 500 (200 of which will be part of the TMNT Subscription plan). Expected to ship 2nd / 3rd Quarter of 2016. $159.99 + shipping."

Well, whatever happens happens. This place will be hopping, I'm sure. :)

I'm so pumped. If I don't get exclusive, ill still get the regular. But it's going to be a bunch of adrenaline that's for sure.

Back