MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the ex can be snagged without the sub?

Let's put it this way. There's an exclusive version for the Turtles that includes a bonus accessory limited to 500. If you get the subscription, you will be guaranteed to get all 4 Turtles with their exclusive accessories. The subscription service is limited to 200 only.
So people can have the subscription and there is also 300 sets of the bonus accessory available at Mondo.
Both sold out really quickly though so for the next one this month I'm betting it's going to be another fight.

I just hope those who grabbed a subscription or even two are restricted from ordering future exclusives to give others a chance.

Why do some of you sound so happy that others didn't land the Ex?...grow up man. We are all collectors, kudos to you guys on landing the Ex, but cut out the holier than thou attitude...

I'm not happy that others didn't get the ex or sub but I also don't feel sorry for those people either. It's just the name of the game in this case.

I'm not happy that others didn't get the ex or sub but I also don't feel sorry for those people either. It's just the name of the game in this case.

On the surface statement seems to contradict itself but I think I get your meaning. I missed out on the sub by seconds and I am not too happy about having to sit at the computer all day now for the next three but that's my choice because I want the exclusives. There was a time when Sideshow used to sell out of exclusives within minutes too.

On the surface statement seems to contradict itself but I think I get your meaning. I missed out on the sub by seconds and I am not too happy about having to sit at the computer all day now for the next three but that's my choice because I want the exclusives. There was a time when Sideshow used to sell out of exclusives within minutes too.

:goodpost::lecture

Maybe I could have worded it properly haha, I was half asleep at that point so what made sense then doesn't make as much sense now. I'm kind of in the middle about it. I too remember when sideshow used to sell out things within minutes so I'm used to it. Even more recently when PCS dropped the sub zero 1-3 scale statue. I think he may have even sold out faster than the tmnt sub. He is my all time favourite character from MK and I wasn't able to get him. I shrugged and went about my day. It's just how the collecting game works sometimes. Everyone is so used to companies making so many of a particular figure or statue that everyone and their dog can get one without worrying about it. But then when a company makes a truly limited exclusive figure and it sells out extremely fast, people lose their minds.

And ultimately Mondo did everyone a HUGE favor by including the color bandanas with the figure. They could have easily gone the sideshow route and made the color bandanas the exclusive and risked turning off the portion that wanted them but they didn't. Instead they included a simple little nod to the one shots for the exclusive. Something neat but ultimately shouldn't affect anyone really that wants the figure. But lots of people that weren't able to score the exclusive made it sound like they were losing out on something big and that would dramatically alter the way the normal figures would look compared to the exclusives.

Leo took about an hour or so to sell out. My recommendation is if you have Twitter, follow Mondo and set them to receive notifications on your phone. You'll get pop ups and text every time they tweet. They usually tweet within a matter of seconds of stuff going up. I think if you get on even within the first 10 or 15 minutes of the tweet going up, you'll have a good chance of getting the exclusives. Also if you check mondos Twitter, you'll see that they generally release stuff between 9:30 and 10:30 my time so 11:30-12:30 EST. That's what I use as my reference times when there's a drop.

Could you imagine the moaning and complaining if they had made the color bandanas the exclusives? You are 100% correct that I am happy they made them standard. They chose exclusives that are really neat to fans but are not make or break items which was smart. 500 seems like a decent number at least for their first attempt. Look at Sideshow exclusives and their quantities and how long a lot of them now sit for sale. If there are enough orders out there maybe they will raise the quantity for future releases.

Exactly. People would have lost their **** if the colored bandanas had been the exclusive. Smart move on Mondos part. Slideshows definitely sits on the shelves for a while. Maybe Mondo will up the the exlclusive number on donnie like had been mentioned. I guess we'll see next week.

Yeah great decision on the exclusives Brock!

It's my day off on tuesday fortunately. :)

Yeah great decision on the exclusives Brock!

It's my day off on tuesday fortunately. :)

Has Mondo sent out an email saying that Tuesday is the day for Donny? Or is this still based off the charge date for subscribers?

Because I will also be off Tuesday :hi5:

Has Mondo sent out an email saying that Tuesday is the day for Donny? Or is this still based off the charge date for subscribers?

Because I will also be off Tuesday :hi5:

Brock replied this:
That would be a very safe bet.
When BurningRage posted that he will be charged on the 29th and guessed that it will go up for P.O that day.

Have they officially said Tuesday's the sale date or has it only been they only hinted at it?

Nothing official yet. Just the charging date we were given on the sub email and Brocks post. If it is in fact tomorrow, then Mondo will be shooting out an email/Facebook post/tweet today letting everyone know.

Alot of talk about Shredder but what about Splinter and April?

Went back to see if there was any word on him. I'm not a fan of this one below and was hoping for something more toon accurate.

3rd_Party_Shredder__scaled_600.jpg

Back