Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

What if this is another marketing strategy?

Show us a perfect 10 prototype head (from KA Kim), show us this bastardization of it (3/10), and final product being like a 7.5 and we all kinda like it since its better?

I guess consumers might be more appropriate :lol The thing is, looking at the staff profiles involved here I don't think it's entirely fair to call M8 amateurs. It's a team of people with business and creative pipeline experience who, at least I'd assume, should have known better.

Knowing their way around a gaming pipeline doesn't count for much when they're trying their hand at doll making :lol Outsourcing or otherwise contracting box art and sculpting to professionals doesn't make them professional by association either - it's the translation of these prototype assets into mass production that's key here. No doubt they're professionals in their field - but the way they've ham-fisted their way through their first release, it's entirely fair to call them amateurs.

They've misled their customers with a wildly ambitious release schedule and a folio of 3D renders that, in some instances, reflect more fantasy than reality.

6af29b47e1eec79d2808ab5b31706fbb.jpg
spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks horrible.

Attachments

• mBzKi.jpg
    mBzKi.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 136

on facebook, m8 said this is not a finished prototype,
lets give them more time to work on the prototype,
the final product might surprise us! ha ha!

This forum is full of childish people and Hot toys fanboys. This is a prototype, I'm sure the figure is Just an alpha version. All the ****ing pics you posted were made with a potatoe. You made the same ******** when Tyler Durden from Blitzway came out and the final product in hand is not bad. Keep licking Hot toys balls

This forum is full of childish people and Hot toys fanboys. This is a prototype, I'm sure the figure is Just an alpha version. All the ****ing pics you posted were made with a potatoe. You made the same ******** when Tyler Durden from Blitzway came out and the final product in hand is not bad. Keep licking Hot toys balls

Lol, Durden was an entirely difference circumstance.

on facebook, m8 said this is not a finished prototype,
lets give them more time to work on the prototype,
the final product might surprise us! ha ha!

M8 thought they had a great marketing plan, and they nailed it initially: build a sexy website; announce a sought-after license for the first release and a sequence of sought-after licenses thereafter; bring on a highly reputable sculptor; reveal an innovative body design and set of concept images (using 3D renders to make them appear as prototypes); secure distribution from established sellers; set a perceptibly low price point for the product, amp up desirability by inviting deposit and full-paid preorders.

But their strategy since has been a lesson in how to get a potential customer base offside: over-run on the initial release schedule by months; give evasive or non-specific answers to customer concerns or queries that only Howard Chan can get away with; show the prototype at every opportunity but confuse customers by not confirming what is a prototype and what might be a production sample; show what appears to be a WIP production sculpt that looks terrible and reinforces the doubts building in the customer base.

We can only go but what they showed of at the fair. A figure with way oversized buttons, hair that looks like diarrhea and Elton John glasses. Don't have to be a fan boy of another company to say they dropped the ball by showing that thing off.

I was pretty adamant in my doubts about M8 and this release, but your petulance, profanity and basement-dwelling rhetoric has me reconsidering my take on this.

:lol :lol :lol

I can hope that this figure that they're displaying is something that they're going to fix big-time, but I can't do anything more than hope. The business tactics being used by this company are so bizarre and the results so far have been such a mixture of excellent, vague, and terrible that I'm not the least bit surprised about the overwhelmingly negative reaction on here.

lets get something straight, this is not a prototype. The poster sculpt that K.A.Kim made IS prototype and im pretty sure this is the sculpt you will get at the end of the day

What a mess! Yesterday I sent Molecule8 a message on Facebook, requesting them to cancel my order and issue a refund to me. Their response was I have to cancel my order via PayPal. What?! Why do I have to do the work to get my refund? Anyway I got onto the PayPal site and looked into it, apparently I can't cancel my order once the payment is "completed" and believe me, I tried everything. There were not any options given to me to "cancel" the transaction of this order...it kept saying it can't do it cause the payment was completed and that I needed to contact the seller, they're the ones who have to do it.

That makes sense because in the past, whenever I wanted to cancel my order with a company, they were the ones who did it and they issued a refund to me with no problem. I didn't have to lift a finger. Well clearly not with this so-called company. Anyway, I sent an email with an explanation to their office and then I received a reply back from them, it's from this guy, Ajay Chadha, and what he said in his email was "You can cancel your order via PayPal. Thanks."

Really?! That's it?! Ok they want to play hardball with me? Fine. I reported them to PayPal and opened a dispute claim. So we shall see what happens next.

Given how naive they appear to be there will be KO Lennon heads coming out of the back door of the factory way before any official ones come out the front.

What a mess! Yesterday I sent Molecule8 a message on Facebook, requesting them to cancel my order and issue a refund to me. Their response was I have to cancel my order via PayPal. What?! Why do I have to do the work to get my refund? Anyway I got onto the PayPal site and looked into it, apparently I can't cancel my order once the payment is "completed" and believe me, I tried everything. There were not any options given to me to "cancel" the transaction of this order...it kept saying it can't do it cause the payment was completed and that I needed to contact the seller, they're the ones who have to do it.

That makes sense because in the past, whenever I wanted to cancel my order with a company, they were the ones who did it and they issued a refund to me with no problem. I didn't have to lift a finger. Well clearly not with this so-called company. Anyway, I sent an email with an explanation to their office and then I received a reply back from them, it's from this guy, Ajay Chadha, and what he said in his email was "You can cancel your order via PayPal. Thanks."

Really?! That's it?! Ok they want to play hardball with me? Fine. I reported them to PayPal and opened a dispute claim. So we shall see what happens next.

Are you the person on Facebook that posted about getting the runaround.

Oh and one more thing, I said to myself maybe I should call them and chew them out myself. Guess what?! No phone numbers!

Back