Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

My condolences Pixel, I hoped you enthusiasm would pay off.

Being a KA Kim groupie, she has no fault here. Her sculpt stands as the master piece or was. Looking at the product they are showing I am not sure that is the same sculpt, the chin and jaw are completely different. I know paint can change the game but look close at the nose as well, that's not KA Kim's sculpt. The softening that can occur is one thing.....by this is totally not the same.

I could almost understand bad paint apps at this stage (which is suppose to be a finished stage) but those buttons ? That lapel? The clothes don't even look scaled correctly?

They had a huge hype machine that had no idea what they were up against....software developers can't just go and make high end artwork figures....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously wtf. This is atrocious.

View attachment 356349

Look at the loss of detail - notably in the hair, and insane distortion in the sculpt. paint is worse than SS and most 3rd part companies. body looks like a joke with alien arms and very limited poseability. sculpt lost it's neck and now looks really really weird because of it.

honestly, anyone who is still supporting this company - after 4 months with only THIS to show - needs to see the light and smell the coffee

Anyone saying: "This is a prototype, wait for final". NO. you are wrong. the prototype was K. A. Kims master sculpt. It was m8's job to try n match that quality. This is what they are putting forth.

laughable.

:lol:lol

It is confounding why they would think this is ready to be taken to a show. Their reputation was already on shaky ground with a lot of people to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Molecule8 removed the option from their facebook to upload any pictures on their website, so if you took any pics of their figure at the show you will no longer be able to share it on their website.

willy-wonka-but-thats-just-crazy.jpg

Not sure who had a worse day

Molecule8 or this guy :slap

emo.jpg

Nobody trusts them because they've got a track record of over-promising and under-delivering. How about that?

They shouldn't be fixing anything. They took people's money for a $300 figure promising it would be out in April, and at the end of July they have shown a $30 prototype. They are full of **** and their only achievement is commissioning a nice sculpt.

Technically, they haven't delivered anything yet

Technically, they haven't delivered anything yet

Sure, and not delivering anything four months after they promised to do so meets my definition of 'under-delivering'. If I'm using this phrase mistakenly than do let me know.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Ok, so I've been following this thread from the beginning, and full disclosure, I have preordered. Now...

I don't feel uneasy at all.

The first concern listed on this thread was that Molecule was not legit. Well, we know now, by their presence and pics at the conference that they are legit.

The second concern is that they "lie". Well, so far, from what I have seen and heard, they are continually trying to improve the figure along with accessories. I will not consider them having lied to my unless their final figure is sub par (which I do not believe it will be).

If this figure had been issued 10 years ago, the Internet would not have allowed every Tom, ****, and Harry to comment on how a company could or should handle its business. I'm old school...innocent until proven guilty. So far, they continue to improve and that's fine by me. I'm looking forward to a great Lennon figure with clothing and accessories that will be worth the price!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must've missed the bits where they've continually tried to improve the figure. All I've seen is renders, proto pics of Kim's work and a handful of costumes.

Ok, so I've been following this thread from the beginning, and full disclosure, I have preordered. Now...

The first concern listed on this thread was that Molecule was not legit. Well, we know now, by their presence and pics at the conference that they are legit.

The second concern is that they "lie". Well, so far, from what I have seen and heard, they are continually trying to improve the figure along with accessories. I will not consider them having lied to my unless their final figure is sub par (which I do not believe it will be).

If this figure had been issued 10 years ago, the Internet would not have allowed every Tom, ****, and Harry to comment on how a company could or should handle its business. I'm old school...innocent until proven guilty. So far, they continue to improve and that's fine by me. I'm looking forward to a great Lennon figure with clothing and accessories that will be worth the price!

Welp, you better look for that figure elsewhere because it won't be this one.

What the hell is going on with this company? If this is their standard of excellence (publicly promoting THIS substandard POS) I don't see any reason to think they know what they're doing...

Seriously wtf. This is atrocious.

View attachment 356349

Look at the loss of detail - notably in the hair, and insane distortion in the sculpt. paint is worse than SS and most 3rd part companies. body looks like a joke with alien arms and very limited poseability. sculpt lost it's neck and now looks really really weird because of it.

honestly, anyone who is still supporting this company - after 4 months with only THIS to show - needs to see the light and smell the coffee

Anyone saying: "This is a prototype, wait for final". NO. you are wrong. the prototype was K. A. Kims master sculpt. It was m8's job to try n match that quality. This is what they are putting forth.

laughable.

:rotfl

What the hell is going on with this company? If this is their standard of excellence (publicly promoting THIS substandard POS) I don't see any reason to think they know what they're doing...

they obviously are done....they promised the next step in 1/6.....this is what we get......the entire exoskeleton thing was totally made up pr crap

Looking at the pictures of the headsculpts from ACG vs KA Kim's prototype, I'm thinking they tried to adopt the pipeline companies like 1000toys have been using recently where they scan the sculpt, take it into a 3D program for further adjustments and 3D print the result. I'm guessing from the loss of detail and fidelity we're seeing here they used either a substandard scanning system, a low-resolution 3D printer, or a combination of both to create the current production master.

Assuming the endoskeleton turns out to ever be more than an overdesigned 3D render, anyone else willing to bet it'll have insane joint tolerance issues because these people have never worked with machined metal before?

Have to admit, just having a physical prototype has exceeded my expectations. I honestly wasn't expecting them to get that far.

Back