Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I don't understand how people can compare this situation to people freaking out over bad quality first in-hand pictures, like Blitzway Tyler Durden and HT Bespin Luke.
There is a fundamental and crucial difference: those common freak outs are over low quality pictures taken by users. In this case, there are pictures taken and promoted by the company itself. Shouldn't it be in their interest to show the figure in the best light possible? Maybe that means it's simply not possible to make it look better...?

I don't understand how people can compare this situation to people freaking out over bad quality first in-hand pictures, like Blitzway Tyler Durden and HT Bespin Luke.
There is a fundamental and crucial difference: those common freak outs are over low quality pictures taken by users. In this case, there are pictures taken and promoted by the company itself. Shouldn't it be in their interest to show the figure in the best light possible? Maybe that means it's simply not possible to make it look better...?

You're absolutely correct. The onus is on the company to put their best foot forward when showing off a product. I'm not sure what M8 was thinking considering this is their initial product being shown at their initial show/convention. By not showing a better result they delivered the death blow to themselves...it's unfathomable.

Keep at it, you'll get your refund even if it takes constant nagging.

A few weeks after ordering PayPal called me inquiring about Molecule 8 to see if it was on the up and up. My answer to them was that I really did not know. The man on the phone told me that all I have to do is contact PayPal at any time and they will take care of a refund. PayPal looks out for the buyer so there is no reason for concern as long as you are within the protection window.

I'm old school...innocent until proven guilty.

So, all the lies aren't enough for you? All the broken promises? taking people's money and saying it's near production and will be released in May 2017?

Want to buy an island from me? I'll do it for a very good price. Just need you to wire the funds to my offshore account.

Eamon O'Donoghue Looks like the just testing stuff out guys so chill out. Have you all not learned anything over the years. When it's declared as the final product, then loose your ****. I can give you so many examples of this same reaction to Hot Toys over the years, remember Besbin Luke.

It seems to me that the head Molecule8 guy that was in that podcast has a gift of overselling. He's convinced people like that Eamon to leap to his defence, despite all the lies. I still hope they can pull it off, but so far they're very unprofessional and people who have been paid by them/worked with them should take a step back.

A few weeks after ordering PayPal called me inquiring about Molecule 8 to see if it was on the up and up. My answer to them was that I really did not know. The man on the phone told me that all I have to do is contact PayPal at any time and they will take care of a refund. PayPal looks out for the buyer so there is no reason for concern as long as you are within the protection window.

I had just spoken to a friend recently and he pointed out that since I paid as gift, that's why I have no buyer protection and the window for canceling the order/getting a refund was 40 days after the pay date not 180 days like it is for rest of you who paid with goods and service. So this whole issue I am having right now is my own fault not theirs.

Basically he said it's more likely I flushed $299.95 down the toilet, but I may be very lucky if I receive a refund from them through PayPal's dispute claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your primary paypal payment source is a credit card you might be able to get a charge back?

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

If your primary paypal payment source is a credit card you might be able to get a charge back?

No I did not use a credit card. I used a PayPal balance. ☹️

So, all the lies aren't enough for you? All the broken promises? taking people's money and saying it's near production and will be released in May 2017?

Want to buy an island from me? I'll do it for a very good price. Just need you to wire the funds to my offshore account.

It seems to me that the head Molecule8 guy that was in that podcast has a gift of overselling. He's convinced people like that Eamon to leap to his defence, despite all the lies. I still hope they can pull it off, but so far they're very unprofessional and people who have been paid by them/worked with them should take a step back.

Eamon works creating box art for various companies, I bet you can guess who one of his employers is.

I had just spoken to a friend recently and he pointed out that since I paid as gift, that's why I have no buyer protection and the window for canceling the order/getting a refund was 40 days after the pay date not 180 days like it is for rest of you who paid with goods and service. So this whole issue I am having right now is my own fault not theirs.

Basically he said it's more likely I flushed $299.95 down the toilet, but I may be very lucky if I receive a refund from them through PayPal's dispute claim.

amstel, never pay as a gift...NEVER!

I screwed my self over on this one. Damn. I learned my lesson now, believe me. I guess I better keep my order and receive the figures. Then decide what to do with them.

I screwed my self over on this one. Damn. I learned my lesson now, believe me. I guess I better keep my order and receive the figures. Then decide what to do with them.

Why did you pay by gift when Molecule8 absorb the fees their end?

This is more proof of what they are saying is purely damage control.

20414003_481237815544291_5177193596429905061_o.jpg

Bad habit I guess? I've been paying as gift on here for a long time since I joined and I did not have any problems. I suppose my common sense wasn't in place when I ordered this. My bonehead mistake, I admit that. For some odd reason, they contacted me again via Facebook like 5 minutes ago and told me they will still refund my payment...soon. They said soon. I don't know. I'm screwed over either way. My fault.

Who's to say there will ever be any figures? You want your hard-earned cash back now, not some garbage figure after a year of worrying. I would email M8 again and put it to them that since their promised shipping date was May 2017 they're committing a fraud by not sending your figure now or giving a refund. No refund, no problem - their address can be found on the companies house website. You find the nearest police station via Google and email them telling them the story. These guys are based in the UK, a country with both the rule of law and consumer protection. But there's no sense in them having your money longer than they've already had it. And you shouldn't lose a single minute of sleep over it.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

What they need to do is get that KA KIm sculpt on the show piece pronto....and flood the web site with pics of that.

If this was a placeholder, that head should have been used....sure the buttons and scale of the clothing would still suck, but that's where the "not a final" line could have been used effectively. Something forced their hand here, why else would they show this figure that looks like a kid painted it?

My guess is they may not have that sculpt anymore.

Maybe she just lends the sculpt for 3D rendering and that's that?

Bad habit I guess? I've been paying as gift on here for a long time since I joined and I did not have any problems. I suppose my common sense wasn't in place when I ordered this. My bonehead mistake, I admit that. For some odd reason, they contacted me again via Facebook like 5 minutes ago and told me they will still refund my payment...soon. They said soon. I don't know. I'm screwed either way. My fault.

Bad habit I guess? I've been paying as gift on here for a long time since I joined and I did not have any problems. I suppose my common sense wasn't in place when I ordered this. My bonehead mistake, I admit that. For some odd reason, they contacted me again via Facebook like 5 minutes ago and told me they will still refund my payment...soon. They said soon. I don't know. I'm screwed over either way. My fault.

Why did you delete your posts on their Facebook page?

Why? That was the problem in the first place. You were going broke because we were your only customers. Wasn't that the problem in the first place, that you were going broke?

Moe? Moe? Hey! Moe? You're thinking about all the money you blew, aren't ya? What was it, 50? $60,000? ..Moe? Look, maybe it would help if you went over all the mistakes you made from the beginning. Moe?

Back