Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

How much M8 are payin' you tho? :D
This is hilarious AND original!

Many of us were very interested in the licenses they snapped up like Wonka, Taxi Driver, etc.

I have a vested interest in seeing a company that made such exciting huge claims actually does what they said they would.
Especially if they snapped up a bunch of 1/6 licenses that I really want.
As of now, my interest is faltering because of the non stop mis-information they have pumped out.

So if you're interested in these licenses...wait to see what comes of this. It's as simple as that. If it sucks, well there's your warning. If it's decent and you go ahead and pre-order Wonka anyway after they say it will be out in June - and you expect it out in June - then you're a fool.

If you're like me and ordered the goddamn thing on day two, well then maybe you have a legitimate gripe. That is if you have nothing else to occupy your time on a daily basis (and some people post here nearly daily) other than coming on here to whine about where your John Lennon dolly is. And did I mention I actually ordered it?

They're a new company. They've made mistakes. So if your interest if faltering - give up on them. Write it off and wait for them to crash and burn and someone else to pick up these licenses in the aftermath. Or, again, wait and see. If it comes out well, there's hope for the rest - just don't expect them on time for a while.

But, Christ, it's like listening to that friend who was dumped talk incessantly about the how he never liked the girl anyway; how terrible in bed she was, how unattractive she is, how she'll never find anyone else. But like the Walking Dead haters who tune in every week just to b***h - stop watching and get over it, move on to something you actually care about. It's sad.

This comment paid for by AMC Studios and Molecule 8. (apparently)

They're a new company. They've made mistakes. So if your interest if faltering - give up on them. Write it off and wait for them to crash and burn and someone else to pick up these licenses in the aftermath. Or, again, wait and see. If it comes out well, there's hope for the rest - just don't expect them on time for a while.

There's a difference between being new to something and suffering some growing pains along the way (i.e. QmX, ThreeA/ThreeZero when they started doing licensed stuff, Blitzway, etc) and outright lying to your customers and the general public for a year consistently.

Remember, this figure was supposed to have been produced in advance and ready to ship when they first solicited it. It was supposed to come with a highly-impractical and completely over-engineered but nonetheless rather cool-looking turned metal endoskeleton (that was solicited for preorder as a separate item, which people did indeed pay money for in advance, and has never been mentioned again in nearly 12 months - can someone please ask them about that and see if they respond, incidentally?). I'll skip everything between the Wonka preorder and now except to reaffirm that their latest outright lie was that the shipping process was set in stone to begin last week and not one single person has thus far reported receiving tracking info, or an item in-hand.

I was completely ready to eat a slice of humble pie if they did indeed finally ship the damn thing, I'll take no pleasure in being proven right that this company is incompetent to the point of not being able to deliver a product at best, and some kind of bizarre ponzi scheme at worst, but with every passing date and no hint of a finished physical product that's looking ever more likely. If anything I'm sorry for you that you've had to put up with this.

I would never pre order from them....

I might order if they actually produce it. After I see what it really looks
Like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did M8 close comments on their latest post? It's been stuck on 156 replies for a few days now.

I think it's funny that some people think that just because they have devout faith and trust in M8 and gave them pre-order money everyone else should just be quiet and do their part to make this thread a sacred place of optimism and encouragement for Molecule8...they are missing the point that making fun of Molecule8 is fun. Frankly the jokes being told at the expense of M8 may be the most entertaining thing on the entire forum...oh, and I have a pre-order too so I'm allowed to say this.

I stand in complete and utter awe of M8.
How they can go on like this, it's as if they were politicians telling outright lies without any guilt, remorse or sense of honor. It's truly awe-inspiring that people can just go on like that.
I really look forward to seeing this get to somebody's hands. There is absolutely no way it will live up to the hype, and manage to rinse the sour taste of all the lies and shady practices.

I just asked Iminime to bail em out so they could blackmail for real licenses. :lol

3Jchgd9.png

They got a LIKE? Did they like their own post?

If I worked at their marketing / PR department I would soooo wanna quit my job. It's like working as Press Secretary for Trump.

And at this rate they've lost the right to use smiling emojis, people are irritated...they don't want a smile, they want a damn figure.

They got a LIKE? Did they like their own post?

If I worked at their marketing / PR department I would soooo wanna quit my job. It's like working as Press Secretary for Trump.

The like came from shill Steve Ure.

:lol :lol :lol

We apologize for the constant delays of our John Lennon figure, we know this can be frustrating. As an act of good faith we have decided to include the accompanying piano to all of the people who ordered John Lennon at no extra cost to you. However, doing so will push the shipments to our customers out 6 months.

Thank you for your continued patience.

The Molecule 8 team.

Yep, me too, always a part of my day. I'm really curious how this is going to end up. The lack of released pics is really weird. And people who defended this seems really want another figure from M8 and that's weird too. Well at least we will have another opinion after the released product.

Has the release date been pushed back to June?

In other words this under-funded start up needs a loan to pay the factory.

Back