Modify tips for Hot Toys 1/4 Dark Knight Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

Projects finished today:

Painted around the eyes. (ERS plate very easy to remove)
Painted the ab straps a slightly darker black.
Made a metal snap release for the upper armor.

All I have left to do is get that left shoulder to look like the right one, replace all the elastic on the shoulder armor, possibly extend the legs a bit, mod the rest of the gloves, and receive Tony's cape.

Then I will have one hell of a figure.

you cape went out : )

Here you go:

IMG_7133.jpg

IMG_7135.jpg

The part that goes under his arm has a part that plugs into the rear part of the armor. Carefully cut that off and glue it into the spot it was designed to fit into. Then figure out where you want to position the snap. You will see that you need to drill a shallow hole for the nub on the snap to fit into. Drill into that piece you just glued in place.

Then it's just a matter of gluing the two pieces in place (male glued to the part that goes under his shoulder, female for the rear part). I like super glue gel.

I painted them black so that the light wouldn't catch the silver from that angle.

Holds great.

I liked the velcro idea, but was worried it wouldn't stay in place because there is quite a lot of outward pressure.

great idea, I really like that : )

Here are a couple shots of the painted eyelids. I tried to leave the barest bit of pink on the edge and the caruncle. (This is a difficult thing to photograph, but I assure you the pink is there.)

IMG_7143crop.jpg
IMG_7138crop.jpg

Here's a comparison shot. You can see how the stock paint increases the perceived size of the eyes.

IMG_7107ano.jpg

Last edited:
Looks GREAT Mags!Just so you know,the caruncle is the lttle lump inside at the edge of the lid by the nose!Dude,I especially like the snap buttons mod!^_^

Here are a couple shots of the painted eyelids. I tried to leave the barest bit of pink on the edge and the caruncle. (This is a difficult thing to photograph, but I assure you the pink is there.)

IMG_7143crop.jpg
IMG_7138crop.jpg

Here's a comparison shot. You can see how the stock paint increases the perceived size of the eyes.

IMG_7107ano.jpg

I like that, looks way better than the over-done HT.

just check mine, its pink too :D somehow when I spray the black it didn't touch the pink much, but its so small, can hardly see.

Looks GREAT Mags!Just so you know,the caruncle is the lttle lump inside at the edge of the lid by the nose!Dude,I especially like the snap buttons mod!^_^

Thanks!

There is no "lump" in the sculpt though. The caruncle is just represented by the large hollow pink area (it would indeed be inside the pink area closest to the nose). I just made that pink area look smaller.

Hey guys, anyones chest plated are uneven? The right side is high, and the left is low.

Not sure which is the correct side.

e5w3.jpg

Anyone managed to fix this? I tried pulling the suit from the armpit, and im afraid if i pull too hard, something bad will happen lol

I'm sure it's just a futzing issue.

Don't be afraid to get a little rough with it. :D

Hey guys, never got an answer over in Lforignos thread, but what capes is he offering for this? short, med, long...rayon, velvet? any help is appreciated

I wouldn't call it poaching so much as offering an alternative, plus I never got an answer from Lforigno... or anyone else, and I dont know exactly what id be getting with Lforigno

I bought tony meis battle cape and its excellent

Tony's stuff is indeed good, so is Lforignos but that's not the point.
Answering a specific post about Lforigno's products by swapping in your own product is douchy at best.
The classy thing to do would be to answer the question about Lforigno's stuff and then point out that you have some of your own for sale.

Back