Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCF3605_zpsbcae9d4d.jpg

This is really good man. I still have the Wayne sculpt in the box as I prefer Adam's for my Bruce bash...I'm half tempted to carve it up and give this a go.

Or send it to you if you're taking commissions.....:monkey3

This is really good man. I still have the Wayne sculpt in the box as I prefer Adam's for my Bruce bash...I'm half tempted to carve it up and give this a go.

Or send it to you if you're taking commissions.....:monkey3

Noooo way. :lol It's not something I relished doing. I tried to cut out the Wayne mouth but failed. I think I may try again as I know what not to do now. But thank you for the compliment. The funny thing is that I actually messed it up. It's slightly too short on the ends and if you get really close you can tell but the darkness inside the cowl really helps to hide. I also shaved it too thin and ended up taking out part of the left eye. So there is a very small hole in the side of his left eye. At first I got disgusted with it and put the PERS back in. Like a week later I got really tired of looking at the PERS eyes ( I really hate them) so I pulled the Wayne eyes out and painted over the hole and the paint sealed it up. Again if you looks close you can see it but I think it still turned out nice. But yeah, taking out that PERS system isn't fun. I've taken a few different PERS system apart at this point but this is by far the worst.

Damn it Fiend....now I have to do that to my DX12. It looks 1000x better.

Thanks bud!

Do it!

Noooo way. :lol It's not something I relished doing. I tried to cut out the Wayne mouth but failed. I think I may try again as I know what not to do now. But thank you for the compliment. The funny thing is that I actually messed it up. It's slightly too short on the ends and if you get really close you can tell but the darkness inside the cowl really helps to hide. I also shaved it too thin and ended up taking out part of the left eye. So there is a very small hole in the side of his left eye. At first I got disgusted with it and put the PERS back in. Like a week later I got really tired of looking at the PERS eyes ( I really hate them) so I pulled the Wayne eyes out and painted over the hole and the paint sealed it up. Again if you looks close you can see it but I think it still turned out nice. But yeah, taking out that PERS system isn't fun. I've taken a few different PERS system apart at this point but this is by far the worst.

It's cool man, I understand. If I had my way I would pick up a spare cowl and Wayne sculpt and go to town, but too much to pay for these days....:gah: I don't hate the stock look, but the work that you and others have done using the Wayne sculpt really takes the figure to the next level. Thanks for the response bro.

No more derpy derp!

DSCF3595_zpsb0c897c5.jpg

DSCF3600_zpsaa33b00d.jpg

DSCF3602_zps572f7348.jpg

DSCF3604_zps81d7d2d3.jpg

DSCF3605_zpsbcae9d4d.jpg

Mods:

PERS removed and Wayne eyes put in
Glove mod
Gauntlet widened
Ankles
Sanded down the mouth
cape made by myself
Neck shortened

I think that's it. I thought about taking out the fat suit but I'm not sure if it needs it, maybe more trouble than it's worth. I didn't have an issue with the shoulder pads when I first got him but after a while of futzing with him I'm starting to feel that they are too big. Not sure if I will do anything about it yet. The glove mod was definite for me and not because it's accurate. The stock HT gloves made his forearms looks way to long and every time I wanted to pose them they would pop off. Plus I think the modded glove looks better especially with the widened gauntlet overlapping.

What face plate are u using?
Do you made by your self the squint mod?
great quality!
cheers

Love that face!!! :clap:clap:clap

Hey thanks a lot, Tony!

What face plate are u using?
Do you made by your self the squint mod?
great quality!
cheers

Thank you for the compliment. :)

-All the mods done to the figure are done by myself.

-I'm using the HT angry plate. I cut off the peg and sanded down the back till if fit more naturally inside the cowl.

-It's not exactly the squint mod. I took the PERS out and put then Wayne eyes in.

Without a doubt the best DX12 I have seen so far. The arguments on this figure are that it was really off. Based on the amount of mods you did I would imagine people are right. I seriously hope I don't have to go through all of that trouble to get my 1/4 Bats to look like yours :(

Anyways, very nice, brother :clap

how much did you have to trim cut on the wayne eyes to fit them in the cowl?? awesome job man. how did you secure them into the cowl?

Without a doubt the best DX12 I have seen so far. The arguments on this figure are that it was really off. Based on the amount of mods you did I would imagine people are right. I seriously hope I don't have to go through all of that trouble to get my 1/4 Bats to look like yours :(

Anyways, very nice, brother :clap

Thanks! That's a hell of a complement judging from some of the great ones I've seen around here.
how much did you have to trim cut on the wayne eyes to fit them in the cowl?? awesome job man. how did you secure them into the cowl?

Quite a bit. You just cut enough that the eyes and skin fill the eye holes. It's held on my a piece of tape. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! That's a hell of a complement judging from some of the great ones I've seen around here.

Quite a bit. You just cut enough that the eyes and skin fill the eye holes. It's held on my a piece of tape. :lol

100% The BEST DX12 I have seen mate, well done on the eyes. I bought a Wayne sculpt a while back to do that, but it just seemed such a daunting task.
Your pics have tempted me into doing it again though! (now fix that shoulder armor and your done! :) )
Great stuff. :clap

Damn, thanks Rory. That means a lot coming from you. Much appreciated. As far as the shoulder armor, are you talking about heating/reforming or that more extensive mod that's going around that involves cutting/ piecing together etc.

As far as cutting up the Wayne head, yeah, it was a bit daunting. Its a lot of cutting a bit off and putting it in the cowl to see how it looks over and over again until it's right.

Damn, thanks Rory. That means a lot coming from you. Much appreciated. As far as the shoulder armor, are you talking about heating/reforming or that more extensive mod that's going around that involves cutting/ piecing together etc.

As far as cutting up the Wayne head, yeah, it was a bit daunting. Its a lot of cutting a bit off and putting it in the cowl to see how it looks over and over again until it's right.

Did you cut down the mouth piece to fit in the cowl?

I did but I ruined it. Now that was hard. Much worse than the eyes. It was harder than I thought, it has to be almost perfect. I'd like to take another crack at it one day now that I've done it before

Heat and reform it to be slimmer to the body, I went further and cut apart & reglued mine. Either one really helps the figure. You have done the most difficult mod imaginable on the head already so shouldn't be a problem for you! Either way, FANTASTIC Batman mate. Screw the Medix and all the other PERS mods, this is the way it should look.

:clap

It's incredible how you used the stock head from the DX12 and just put some new eyes in there and made a huge difference. Do you think if I buy that CIAN head or HeadPlay from ebay (which is cheaper than the actual stock BW head) would work too?

Back