Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple shots...did the elbow, shoulder, gauntlet, and glove mods...looks way better! Thanks Maglor! Neck mod next I think...

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

How far did you trim down the gloves so that the gauntlet cuff mod could look like that? Did you do as the video showed and cut off the buckle? Or did you leave a little to get that widening effect? Really want to do this mod but don't want to screw it up lol

How far did you trim down the gloves so that the gauntlet cuff mod could look like that? Did you do as the video showed and cut off the buckle? Or did you leave a little to get that widening effect? Really want to do this mod but don't want to screw it up lol

I cut off the buckle, exactly like the video shows. For the gauntlets, I dipped them in hot water and then shoved them onto a pair of closed needle nose pliers and held them in the freezer. Then when I put them back on the body with the gloves, I used the hair dryer again to futz them a little more over the gloves. Hope that helps!

Does the glove mod make the hands fit better?

Yes it does I think.

I cut off the buckle, exactly like the video shows. For the gauntlets, I dipped them in hot water and then shoved them onto a pair of closed needle nose pliers and held them in the freezer. Then when I put them back on the body with the gloves, I used the hair dryer again to futz them a little more over the gloves. Hope that helps!

Yes it does. Thank you! :hi5:

Finally got brave and tried some mods lol at the moment I've only done the shoulder mod (heating and freezing) and the neck mod. Now I didn't think that the neck mod would make much difference and even though its subtle there is a difference. May take me another week but I may get brave and do a glove mod lol

I'll make sure to follow your progress mate since I'm pretty sure that I'll be having the same dillema once I have mine in hand. :clap

Does the glove mod make the hands fit better?

Definitely does. That's half the reason to do it.

Maglor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say, somewhere, that you didn't put the PERS system in? That you got it working with some other method? One of the reasons I popped the PERS out, was because the eyes were a bit misaligned.

In the first video in the first post I talk about that. I removed the whole joystick mechanism that keeps the two sides working together. There a little pins that can be taken out (and replaced).

Need some help in regards to the gauntlets.

Hot water = just boiled water?

Do I dip the whole thing in or just the tips? and for how long?

I just kept them on the fig and used a heat gun and then molded it to the arm put it in the freezer to make it harden

You can stick the whole thing in hot water, but I prefer to heat it with a hairdryer. Much easier.

Has anyone noticed that the top part of the gauntlet can come off and seperate? I had one side that kept popping off where the other seemed to be glued in better or something. It comes off with the elbow pad if you kept the pad attached and didn't cut it off like Maglor and I did. I ended up removing these pieces and I find that with the elbow pads being seperated and glued onto the suit instead, taking that extra piece off makes the gauntlets look less bulky and works better with the elbow pads there in place on the suit. I still would recommend reshaping them to fit the arm better but I prefer the top piece off.

I finally got ballsy and did the glove/gauntlet mod. Took a bit to get it to overlap the glove and stay that way but it was worth it. Very happy I did this mod. Looks much better and has the Dark Knight Rises look. Sorry for the crappy pics. Only have my phone.

Mods so far;
Neck mod
Shoulder armor mod
Glove/gauntlet mod
Custom long velvet cape

203DA48F-D0F2-404D-9CA0-BBAAD4C1BF3A-42441-00000BB6A65A759C.jpg

3884BB42-4A4A-4E83-9A1A-D7F66503B0BE-42441-00000BB69CF99B52.jpg

C908C7E4-6CB3-488D-9A77-2130EFCD3FDB-42441-00000BB695CD4A0A.jpg

A150EF8F-13AC-4292-9C28-FD94E06B4810-42528-00000BBB4E9AE73F.jpg

57BCA4BA-89DE-4288-9C37-C94928C4B101-42528-00000BBB558CC5DF.jpg

90AC6707-2DE3-41AA-9CED-19AF373A22CD-42528-00000BBB5C22D7A7.jpg

^^^ Looks sick! :rock

Has anyone noticed that the top part of the gauntlet can come off and seperate? I had one side that kept popping off where the other seemed to be glued in better or something. It comes off with the elbow pad if you kept the pad attached and didn't cut it off like Maglor and I did. I ended up removing these pieces and I find that with the elbow pads being seperated and glued onto the suit instead, taking that extra piece off makes the gauntlets look less bulky and works better with the elbow pads there in place on the suit. I still would recommend reshaping them to fit the arm better but I prefer the top piece off.

The gauntlets are more than one piece?

Hey mag, i asked you in the other thread but you prob didn't see it...

Did you ever consider using a sort of adhesive for the shoulder plates? I am....how does Velcro sound?

The gauntlets are more than one piece?

Yeah. If you look inside, the elbow pad is attached to a plastic tab that is glued into that end of the gauntlet. Mine are pretty firmly glued on.

I finally got ballsy and did the glove/gauntlet mod. Took a bit to get it to overlap the glove and stay that way but it was worth it. Very happy I did this mod. Looks much better and has the Dark Knight Rises look. Sorry for the crappy pics. Only have my phone.

Mods so far;
Neck mod
Shoulder armor mod
Glove/gauntlet mod
Custom long velvet cape

How did you overcome your fear of screwing up your figure? It looks like it was worth the effort. Nice job! :clap

Hey mag, i asked you in the other thread but you prob didn't see it...

Did you ever consider using a sort of adhesive for the shoulder plates? I am....how does Velcro sound?

Thought I did respond...

I don't see it as being necessary.

The two layers of velcro that would be needed would make them stick out even further than the stock plates do. And having the shoulder plates stuck to the arms by any other means would definitely hinder articulation.

Thanks man! I was nervous doing this and screwing up a $260 figure lol I'm really happy with the result.

How did you overcome your fear of screwing up your figure? It looks like it was worth the effort. Nice job! :clap

I didn't lol I just made sure since I'm not one to normally mod anything to take my time and to follow the detailed instructions left on this thread by the experts. It was risky because I'm not the most skilled when it comes to these type of things, but I'm only doing the mods that I believe that I can do. For instance I won't be doing the chest mod or taking out the PERS to do a squint mod. If anything I'll just be painting the pink around the eyes black and that will probably be my last mod. But I may even do that since mine aren't really that bad compared to others I've seen. I really want this figure to be the best that it can be and that I can make it.

Hey Maglor, you mentioned on the other thread something about fixing the long straps leading from the chestplate to the abs...could you explain? They're really bugging me...

Back