MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got 1 Flex payment left on this guy, so anytime is fine. Actually unless Sideshow updates their Flex payment plan in the next week or two, they'll charge me for my last payment the begining of May. And that would be just fine by me too since it would make Monger seem free when he ships :lol

I just got 1 Flex payment left on this guy, so anytime is fine. Actually unless Sideshow updates their Flex payment plan in the next week or two, they'll charge me for my last payment the begining of May. And that would be just fine by me too since it would make Monger seem free when he ships :lol

Same here. I only have one payment left. I do think I remember someone at SSC tell me they won't charge the last payment of a flex pay until the item is ready to ship ( within a day or 2 ).

Same here. I only have one payment left. I do think I remember someone at SSC tell me they won't charge the last payment of a flex pay until the item is ready to ship ( within a day or 2 ).

Well, that was until they charged us over a week for the Black Dragon Ninja before they actually had it, so anything is possible now :lol

I have mixed feelings about this news...
On the negative side, whenever the final payment comes due and the item is actually coming... what if I am committed with flex-pays for too many other figures to afford $108 for my final Monger payment at a moment's notice? That would mean I have to either A) cancel the Monger, or B) cancel other items. Either way, it would be ME, the customer, who then would be forced to pay cancellation fees. That's not fair.

On the (possible) positive side, the delay might result in HT adding some special extra accessories, the obvious choice being the crushed Mark III helmet.
They might even tweak the lighting features to add the double red laser sight for the shoulder-mounted rocket launcher, or make other improvements.

I know that may sound overly optimistic, but I just hate to think the Iron Monger might at this moment really BE ready, only to be intentionally set aside in a warehouse for several months, as a tactic intended to scape in even MORE money from (now itchy) buyers for other new items.

SS won't charge that final flex payment until its almost time to ship. Even then you can always call them and tell them you need to move the payment back. They will work with you so you don't have to cancel after already paid for the item mostly.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Sideshow would help you out, particularly if they can see you have bought a heap of stuff with you. I pretty much bank on things being pushed back these days.

Also if it hasn't appeared in Asia you can guarantee it isn't shipping out of Sideshow for another 4 weeks.

If I recall the original MKIII was delayed almost a year or something.

Announced late April '08-and that was just an announcement for the licence,prototype did nt appear until June-and shipped January '09.Mark 1 first appeared September '08 and shipped June '09,having been originally scheduled for April.

So I ordered from SS and my final payment gets charged tomorrow. Usually if a figure is delayed they'll postpone that payment.

Has anyone heard from SS yet?

So I ordered from SS and my final payment gets charged tomorrow. Usually if a figure is delayed they'll postpone that payment.

Has anyone heard from SS yet?

That's weird. But Monger wasn't in today's newsletter as coming in the next 30 days so he's definitely not on his way as much as I wish he was.

That's weird. But Monger wasn't in today's newsletter as coming in the next 30 days so he's definitely not on his way as much as I wish he was.

Exactly why I thought it was strange that I was still getting charged.

Just checked the account activity calendar and it's still scheduled for tomorrow. I guess it's subject to change until the very last minute.

I'm going to pay my final payment on Monger next w.end i think. Even though it looks like getting delayed, I'd rather have it payed up as scheduled than leaving it & spending the money I've set aside for it, which I will do to. Just waiting on this and my Mk I to complete my Iron Man armours, well thats until the VII and Whiplash armour gets announced that is :yess:

Dude, I'm in exactly the same boat. I've had to do some serious budget adjustments (living on a fixed income) to swing these payments. I'm just looking forward to the figure and I'll be glad to have it paid for up front. No way I coulda done this without flexpay. And I can't afford to incur any more credit debt.
;)

Exactly why I thought it was strange that I was still getting charged.

Just checked the account activity calendar and it's still scheduled for tomorrow. I guess it's subject to change until the very last minute.

Back