MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no cracks on mine and I have had it since Xmas.

I have a theory though about these cracks.

Are folks moving the legs as soon as they open it when they arrive off the van?

Basically I am suggesting that the figures are lying in freezing postal depots and as such arriving very very cold as it's very very cold out.

Plastic cracks very easily when near freezing conditions.

Just a thought!

The cracks aren't on a joint, they're on the covers to the hip joints. They experience no stress at all.

The cracks aren't on a joint, they're on the covers to the hip joints. They experience no stress at all.

Yes but it still houses a joint.

And the fact is that cracks are there where the joint is surely has to be related to the joint no?

Unless of course you feel that cracks accur when you rotate the head? ;)

The theory I've heard that makes the most sense is that the cracks occur when the leg's ball joint is inserted in the factory. The cold theory doesn't make a lot of sense to me since this seems to be very widespread and not isolated to especially cold climes and plus if that were the case, cracking should be a more common problem on other figures which to my knowledge it's not.

But Iron Monger isn't like any other figure, ie freaking heavy and big so I don't buy the other figures would crack too argument.

There is some serious force needed to move those legs when you first get the figure and with cold weather and all....

But I am only suggesting here. Maybe it was a factory issue!

Yeah, I hear you in regards to Monger's size and weight differentiating it from other figures. In at least my case, though, I received IM a full day before I even opened the box and only inspected it before returning it to storage (I played around with the arms and removed the batteries but didn't move the legs). When I came across the photos in this thread, I pulled the figure out, paying a lot more attention to the thigh area and sure enough there were hairline cracks visible under the right light. Never would've noticed them on display or while changing poses, I don't think.

But Iron Monger isn't like any other figure, ie freaking heavy and big so I don't buy the other figures would crack too argument.

There is some serious force needed to move those legs when you first get the figure and with cold weather and all....

But I am only suggesting here. Maybe it was a factory issue!

:lecture They were cracked in the package before it was taken out and handled. Posing the the figure thou, it appears these minor hardly visible cracks wont be an issue.

Thank you. Now my next decision, which of the two do I photogragh first? :thud:

Congratulations! Welcome to the club.

If any members are still looking for one, I just got an email from Amazon showing him for 460 with free supersaver shipping. Only 3 left. Comes from AKToys and fulfilled by Amazon.

Got my Monger yesterday from ToyNK and oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! What a magnificent piece. I haven't inspected it for flaws yet since I was too awe struck by the sheer bulk of this thing! I'll be starting photography of him on my days off! Very, very impressive!!! :thud:

2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive_color_lrg.jpg

I ordered IM today, but punked out a few minutes after I ordered before it could reach shipping.

But now I have that temporary charge on my CC, and it makes me want to order it again. Someone slap me.

Back