1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! I've had mine in a flight pose forever because it took so long to pose that cape and I don't ever want to change it :lol

28fa16e771d6da689b7f679de4838d77.jpg

Thanks...for realism - it's all in the positioning of the hands. The rest is making the figure look like it's holding real mass in the right places (straightening the legs & locking the knees as one would do in this pose). Stand in front of a mirror and perform the pose you're looking at accomplishing & it's amazing all the little detsils you can nail to sell the pose.

One of Hot Toys most poseable figures ever. Whether standing, hovering or flying this figure always looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks...for realism - it's all in the positioning of the hands. The rest is making the figure look like it's holding real mass in the right places (straightening the legs & locking the knees as one would do in this pose). Stand in front of a mirror and perform the pose you're looking at accomplishing & it's amazing all the little detsils you can nail to selk the pose.

Thanks for the advice, its always the position of the hands that bugs me. That and the sleeves seem to ride up and expose the wrist joints. :dunno

With a little bit of twisting and gentle tugging it's amazing how long those sleeves can get.

Nice! I've had mine in a flight pose forever because it took so long to pose that cape and I don't ever want to change it :lol

Nice flight pose...Unlike most I've seen it allows the entire figure to be seen from the front.

The SS Superman PF is friggin huge.

To this day the HT Christopher Reeve Superman is my favorite figure.

This picture is very potato but this is Supes with a few selenite crystals and my green kryptonian crystal replica.

iE3KJEZl.jpg

The SS Superman PF is friggin huge.

To this day the HT Christopher Reeve Superman is my favorite figure.

This picture is very potato but this is Supes with a few selenite crystals and my green kryptonian crystal replica.

iE3KJEZl.jpg

That's a great setup with the crystals, and the replica is awesome!

Nice shot. V!

Guys. I FINALLY got a good deal on a CR Ex brand new and sealed to replace my CR Ex ( which I had to sell years ago). Always loved this fig, so happy to have it back in my new collection. Being shipped now, should get it just before Xmas.

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I wanted to post this AMAZING photo essay I found on youtube. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHP90zz3cOk

Just a pic of what I feel is my best CR pose yet.
reeve.jpg

Nice shot. V!

Guys. I FINALLY got a good deal on a CR Ex brand new and sealed to replace my CR Ex ( which I had to sell years ago). Always loved this fig, so happy to have it back in my new collection. Being shipped now, should get it just before Xmas.

Don't know if this has already been posted, but I wanted to post this AMAZING photo essay I found on youtube. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHP90zz3cOk
Yeah...I believe Isaw that awhile ago...good stuff. Congrats on readding the "real" Superman back into your collection.

Had mine for awhile and I really love it.... except for the damn cape. No matter how much I futz with the wiring, it just never really looks that good to me, and I'm at the point where I wish it could just hang naturally off his back instead.

I was thinking about pulling the wiring out, but given the cheap material they used for the cape (which basically feels like what was used on the old Mego action figures) I'm not sure it would really make much difference. So maybe attaching a whole new cape instead is the answer? I'm getting to the point where I really want to try something to fix this.

Had mine for awhile and I really love it.... except for the damn cape. No matter how much I futz with the wiring, it just never really looks that good to me, and I'm at the point where I wish it could just hang naturally off his back instead.

I was thinking about pulling the wiring out, but given the cheap material they used for the cape (which basically feels like what was used on the old Mego action figures) I'm not sure it would really make much difference. So maybe attaching a whole new cape instead is the answer? I'm getting to the point where I really want to try something to fix this.

You may want to look into the SSC Supes, they have 2 capes ( both with wiring) but one of them just sort of drapes down. You can check them out in the video review in that thread.

Just need the patience. That's why I self-proclaimed myself master-of-cape-futzing :lol I was one of the few who can get the stock Batman capes to drape nicely, just gotta have the determination :wink1: dominishin knows what I mean :duff If you lived near me, I'd be happy to help you out.

25e94ebdaae022cdb59110ba5448cc03.jpg

18f2991a1873ff60942e7107c0311f4c.jpg

Back