MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Barney is more likely than anyone from the film, Hot Toys seems to really like Sly, and I think a new Barney would be a different enough package from the first to justify it, certainly different enough as Rambo 2 and Rambo 3.

His head would be differnt, for all we know, he may use different guns, they could actually give him his knife instead of a repacked Rambo 3, they could include his casual costume again which is quite different from the first figure.

I don't rule Barney out, especially since he was all we got with the first film when surely HT could have seen that other characters could sell on the fandom of the actors.

It would be like them leaving out Batman in a TDKR line even though he wears the same outfit. Barney will be the first figure if they make any figures from the second film.

I don't see HT make any more Barney Ross because the only difference from the first movie is the moustache,the outfit is the same.
I can see HT finally make Statham like they promised us along with Jet Li.

I really hope that will be the case since I don't need another Barney figure w/ minor diff. from the 1st version.

I just want a Statham figure..and Li (if it will be my lucky day). :pray:

i wish they would do a dolph figure. to go along with the statham and li figures that i want as well.

Hopefully HT can match this in terms of likeness if they do actually do a Lee Christmas. (Not holding my breath like I was last time!)

218211_113611675389654_100002224677271_125269_2254130_o.jpg

You never know though, maybe the reason they never did a Statham and Li, even though they said they were going to, is because the 2nd film was pretty much announced when the first was released?

Out of all the custom headsculpts i've seen over the years that's the one I want the most :( lol

I'm sure if HT does Christmas, the sculpt will be as good as that one or better. That is definitely the best Statham sculpt done to date, Headplay was pretty good. I do dislike the hair on that sculpt though, while Statham did have a slight bit of hair to him in the first Transporter, I feel like a hairdo like that is best just finely sculpted and implied with paint rather than embossed like that, especially where he's balding.

Hopefully HT can match this in terms of likeness if they do actually do a Lee Christmas. (Not holding my breath like I was last time!)

218211_113611675389654_100002224677271_125269_2254130_o.jpg

You never know though, maybe the reason they never did a Statham and Li, even though they said they were going to, is because the 2nd film was pretty much announced when the first was released?

Out of all the custom headsculpts i've seen over the years that's the one I want the most :( lol

That always kind of baffled me, especially since Sly said filming the first movie was a pain in the ass (not exactly his words, but he definitely did not sound pleased with the experience). Still super-pumped for the sequel; my only gripe with the first was the lack of a good story. I got the impression that they tried hard to make it cool and complex, but the end result confirmed Commando's approach of 'less is more', especially with an action flick that tries to cram as much into itself as possible from the get-go.

The first film was cut back, Sly originally was planning a whole CIA team, not just Willis' cameo character, but scrapped it to simplify the story.

As for doing a sequel despite the agony of making the first, it's easy, get a directory insted of doing it yourself, and he did. Make no mistake though, even though Sly's not the official director, he'll be guiding the movie, it's his characters and project, he's invested, just like with Rambo, he didn't direct until the 4th but he was always giving heavy input on the first 3.

That's always the case if the director and writer are the same person (M. Night Shyamalan, anyone?).
It's a good move that Sly got a separate director, as it's added perspective & feedback to the movie, although he will pretty much still run the show.

I would imagine to some extent, it's more because of how tiring the acting side is. Despite his age, Sly still gets in their and has his body beaten to hell, now add the stress of being the primary filmmaker and I can just imagine how worn out that must have felt. I would imagine he was caught by surprise because even though he did Rocky 6 and Rambo 4, I feel like his actual screen time and what he did on screen wasn't as physically taxing as Expendables, Rambo 4 had a fair bit of running and all, but he didn't get into fights like Barney did in Expendables. He's cautious, he wouldn't have gone with this director if he didn't think he'd carry through on where he thinks the movie should go.

^^That as well. Sly is just being careful, as there are rumors that Sly wanted to do Rambo 5 AFTER telling the world that Rambo is done.
I saw an article a few months back that he asked a writer to work on the script, and then they'll discuss after Expendables 2 is done.

Well, I still say Rambo should be done, but I'm open to more as long as he gets a good story, and if he's asking around, it means he's being really picky. Not sure why he was going to do the 5 that was rumored before, but he clearly woke up and realized it had Rocky 5 potential. I think if he can keep a clear head, he won't do anything that he doesn't believe in. And despite what others think, I thought Expendables was a great movie, can't wait to check out the directors' cut on Xmas.

I'm pretty sure Kaustik Plastik is about done making an AA muscle body w/ likeness of Terry Crews. I haven't seen it painted, but the proto sculpt looks good.

I'm pretty sure Kaustik Plastik is about done making an AA muscle body w/ likeness of Terry Crews. I haven't seen it painted, but the proto sculpt looks good.

:yess: Arkham Asylum Body!

Back