MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick crap iPhone pics of all 4. They are the exact same height. HT did not change the height of the DC III. He is definitely a load more bulky and to a fault with the skinny legs. The legs are about the same size as the old 3 versions. The red is way too red. It is beautiful, metallic and really red. So it falls in line now with the original 7 a sheen like the mark vii but still brightest of the four main red suits in the original seven. Love the top bulk and thickness. Definitely an improvement over the past marks in proportions, but it does have flaws. Still glad to have him in the fold.

These pics really show how bad the bd Mark iii is. Worst proportion armor HT ever made. :lol

Nice pics Hokie :hi5:

Completely agree, the proportions are way off. Hopefully we'll get a battle damage Mark III DieCast soon. Personally, I enjoy the BD look, the more damage the better.

Quick crap iPhone pics of all 4. They are the exact same height. HT did not change the height of the DC III. He is definitely a load more bulky and to a fault with the skinny legs. The legs are about the same size as the old 3 versions. The red is way too red. It is beautiful, metallic and really red. So it falls in line now with the original 7 a sheen like the mark vii but still brightest of the four main red suits in the original seven. Love the top bulk and thickness. Definitely an improvement over the past marks in proportions, but it does have flaws. Still glad to have him in the fold.

These pics really show how bad the bd Mark iii is. Worst proportion armor HT ever made.

Nice pics Hokie.

Totally agree with the comment about the old Mark III, that head in particular is jarringly wrong!

Wow. I was not prepared for how beautiful this is in person. [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the left knee. It was only after an hour of futzing that I realized the left knee can bend one click more than what you'd expect. Just be gentle.

Also, it took me awhile to realize there are 3 buttons on the back. One that releases the legs from the torso, one that releases the upper half from the torso, and at the very bottom is a button that drops the legs lower so that you can bend him easier for the 3 point landing.

Try those. Make sure to move the flaps around the leg out of the way. You'll need all the extra room you can get. It definitely wasn't easy.

Thank you so much for this post. I didn't know about that extra click in the knees, and it's definitely scary to get to bend, but it was the missing piece in getting his right leg on the ground. Now the pose is perfect!

Thank you so much for this post. I didn't know about that extra click in the knees, and it's definitely scary to get to bend, but it was the missing piece in getting his right leg on the ground. Now the pose is perfect!

It took me forever to figure that out. And I'm not entirely sure the right leg is able to do it also. Very strange.

Either you want or you don't. Still worth it especially for someone who didn't have the orginial, classic armor. Love this figure.
Here's some of my pics! Hawkeye is coming this thurs. I'm almost complete with my Avengers line-up!
View attachment 207508
View attachment 207511

Fantastic poses! Your pictures have single-handedly given me hope that I might actually like this figure when it arrives.

For those complaining about figure heights, this is one of those moments where I'm especially glad I don't do static museum poses. Height differences aren't as noticeable when figures are posed dynamically.

I'm a museum poser so the height is noticeable to me each time I look at the shelf. As great as the figure looks, the height bothers me more than the articulation now that I have it in hand.

It makes me hope the 43 makes it to a Spook discount, I'll stick that with the Avengers instead.

Wow. I was not prepared for how beautiful this is in person. [emoji50]

I know, the hot rod red is blowing guys minds on this, I think if you're a Comic Book Guy, this comes closest to what you knew -- maybe the paint apps decisions were based on that , i don't know, but a definite conscious decision was made to paint this thing an eye-popping hot rod red and that is exactly what they did and for me, it's the closest to the classic comic book character and as someone has said this suit is one of the last designs of Stan Winston's life.

Last edited:
Just got home and opened this guy up. I mean, looks wise, this IS Iron Man. It looks so beautiful and screams out comic and movie perfection. But the lack of articulation is so heartbreaking. The ankles and torso really have me torn on this guy. Having not truly played with him yet, I don't want to say definitely that I'm upset and don't like the figure, but it's just such a missed opportunity and borderline lazy by Hot Toys not to address these. This could've bee the greatest Iron Man figure to have been released. I'm going to spend more time before I make a decision as I only want one Of each Marvel figure to be my definitive representation of the characters and I really, REALLY want this to be the one for Iron Man, but out of the gate, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly disappointed.

This is ridiculous, man :clap -- looks like you had a pantload of fun posing this guy.

Either you want or you don't. Still worth it especially for someone who didn't have the orginial, classic armor. Love this figure.
Here's some of my pics! Hawkeye is coming this thurs. I'm almost complete with my Avengers line-up!
View attachment 207504
View attachment 207505
View attachment 207506
View attachment 207507
View attachment 207508
View attachment 207509
View attachment 207510
View attachment 207511
View attachment 207512

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441168173.191991.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441168197.639155.jpg

Love these pics. I will also pose mine beside my IM3 War Machine.

Back