MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hurt that my fandom was put into question :lol I've been collecting comics since I was eight darn it, I've got mad geek cred. :rotfl

The correct term is, "ground pound" not, "ground punch."
And you call yourself a fan! :lol
Ryan

(The above statement is purely in jest and is not intended to insult anyone. Just so we're clear. :))

Got my Mark III today, and for the first time ever, I've got scuff marks on the paint that look like someone touched it before his abs dried. Also the open masked head has two small black marks on the back of it. Don't think its worth asking SSC for a replacement, but I guess it was my turn after having a Mark VI who never got pink panties, and a Dark World Light Armor Thor who didn't get any damage to his skin lol.

Well, my order just shipped today from Sideshow, except I never got any of the charging notification emails (not the 3-5 week or 7 day ones). Did any of the other notification email non-recipients have their orders ship today?

It's my own fault for waiting too long to cancel the order, but I guess now I get to see how it is in hand before I dismiss the figure completely. Informed decision making: 1, me: 0.

Well, my order just shipped today from Sideshow, except I never got any of the charging notification emails (not the 3-5 week or 7 day ones). Did any of the other notification email non-recipients have their orders ship today?

It's my own fault for waiting too long to cancel the order, but I guess now I get to see how it is in hand before I dismiss the figure completely. Informed decision making: 1, me: 0.

I was going to ask a similar question. My last payment is scheduled for 9/5. I never got any 3-5 week email, or a 7 day email yet. Should I just assume that it'll be charged/shipping around the 5th?

They don't send those as often anymore, they're probably computer generated. If you're on flex they don't send them out until your last payment clears.

If you paid in full, you should really keep better track, like looking at the product page or asking in the online chat SSC has.

I was going to ask a similar question. My last payment is scheduled for 9/5. I never got any 3-5 week email, or a 7 day email yet. Should I just assume that it'll be charged/shipping around the 5th?

If you're on flex payments, I believe so. I've never done flex before, so I don't know if Sideshow sends out notifications before scheduled payments. At least for full payment preorders, they usually send out some sort of notification email, so it's surprising that I didn't get anything at all.

They used to send out notifications but the port things really screwed things up. Before that they knew how long it would take for something to arrive at the warehouse after it left HK and they could send out the two week notice. Right now if your really lucky you might get a week but the past several months it been 2 days at best and sometimes nothing at all.

Good to know. I got notices about when I was about to be charged for all of the other payments, but it makes sense that they wouldn't really know when the shipment would be in. I mean I have the money I'm just so ready to see an email saying my last payment is being charged instead of my last payment is being pushed back again. Lol.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8ca8948ab5e82e2af05e56b43f1ec93a.jpg

Nailed it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It makes sense that Hot Toys makes these modular, all QC issues could be handled easily. And Sledge my juevos hurt looking at your pic lol

Yep just as I expected MK3 has baby legs,Ill pass. Thanks for the pics.

The baby legs were true to the screen version though. The proportions of the MkIII were off to start with and Hot Toys simply followed what was shown on the movie.

Well, it only took me several hours to get the perfect pose. Seems like the left leg will bend at the knee one click further than expected in order to get the foot flat on the ground. BE CAREFUL WHEN BENDING!

It wasn't easy, but I'm extremely happy with hour he looks on the shelf.

hd9sxxW.jpg

vMFBCx2.jpg

8njIzqk.jpg

i3zKySa.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441096833.608950.jpg

Loving Mk 3. Wish the torso would turn and the head could look straight to the side more but he's still amazing. So clean. But every time I look at him it just makes me want a Mark 6 all the more.

Loving Mk 3. Wish the torso would turn and the head could look straight to the side more but he's still amazing. So clean. But every time I look at him it just makes me want a Mark 6 all the more.

I was thinking the same, and some really great poses in this thread making me rethink how I'm going to pose him.

Makes me want a new Mark 6 too... really hoping he may be announced in the not too distant future though with the slate of Marvel films (not to mention DC, SW and anything else) they have the licence to who knows what they will do outside of the upcoming movies seeming they still have HPP suits to catch up on.

All that aside, I really like how he looks next to the other Avengers in some of the photos posted here, I may pose him next to my AoU Cap when he arrives instead of the 43 (least till the Mark 45 shows up next year).

Yeah I wish the torso could move too so you can get a more natural relaxed pose out of it. My MkVII for example:

IMG_20150831_225718364.jpg

The twist on the torso is very subtle, but it makes the pose more natural than simply keeping up straight in my opinion. That said, I am still looking forward for my MkIII. I just have to think of a good pose for it.

Back