Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought any recent references to Superman were just in regards to the 5 Points figure finally going on sale two years after being shown off.

I'd have bought it if it was just a figure. But they aren't interested in selling just the figure; they want $150 for a bunch of crap I don't want....so screw it.

Opened up Reeve supes and he looks really good. Love the accessories. Only complaint is the body showing through on the upper thigh. Looks really bad, and I don't think there is any way to smooth it out

Also got mine today and I'm blown away. A terrific figure, so much better than I thought a mixed-media figure of this size could be. I mean it's striking how small it is when you take it out of the (excellent) packaging. But somehow the outfit, the headsculpts, the variety of hand-sculpts, the body and its proportions are all highly satisfying. I've got him with the grin - the supposed worst sculpt - and I love it. Just totally Christopher Reeve. Love the Fortress of Solitude base - it was a genius idea to enable it to light up when you use a crystal, works beautifully. Great to also get a standard base. A lot of love went into this figure.

In hand my only real nit to pick is the cape. It's probably fine for flight poses but it's difficult to work with in a standing still pose - it puffs up around the collar and could do with being weighted down at the bottom to look natural (and to make it more of a correct length) but I don't know if I have anything to do this.

And I don't think they provided any backup wrist-pegs - it could do with some as these look breakable.

He scales nicely with the Mafex Robocops - he should probably be a bit more taller but it could be said that Robocop is ''fictionally taller'' than Peter Weller really was in the suit if I wanna justify that figure being closer in height to the, what, 6'4 Reeve Superman.

Sorry, no pics, I am unable to properly showcase figures with my antiquated camera and crappy room lighting, I would do him no justice.

They did a really good job on that light up base. I normally don't mess with stuff like that, but I had to light it up. Definitely should have some extra wrist pegs. I was scared to put another hand on

Also got mine today and I'm blown away. A terrific figure, so much better than I thought a mixed-media figure of this size could be. I mean it's striking how small it is when you take it out of the (excellent) packaging. But somehow the outfit, the headsculpts, the variety of hand-sculpts, the body and its proportions are all highly satisfying. I've got him with the grin - the supposed worst sculpt - and I love it. Just totally Christopher Reeve. Love the Fortress of Solitude base - it was a genius idea to enable it to light up when you use a crystal, works beautifully. Great to also get a standard base. A lot of love went into this figure.

In hand my only real nit to pick is the cape. It's probably fine for flight poses but it's difficult to work with in a standing still pose - it puffs up around the collar and could do with being weighted down at the bottom to look natural (and to make it more of a correct length) but I don't know if I have anything to do this.

And I don't think they provided any backup wrist-pegs - it could do with some as these look breakable.

He scales nicely with the Mafex Robocops - he should probably be a bit more taller but it could be said that Robocop is ''fictionally taller'' than Peter Weller really was in the suit if I wanna justify that figure being closer in height to the, what, 6'4 Reeve Superman.

Sorry, no pics, I am unable to properly showcase figures with my antiquated camera and crappy room lighting, I would do him no justice.

I don't think Mezco has ever provided backup wrist pegs for any figures. Fortunately breaks are really few and far between from my experience on the male bodies, I've seen a decent amount on some of the Harley Quinn figures however and their female body.

Still amazed by this figure.

-The suit feels more damage-resistant than the Hot Toys - it's all too easy to pull threads out of the HT if your nail catches it.
-terrific proportions with a really natural look
-great range of hands for action or neutral poses
-awesome articulation
-special mention to the ball-joint head - incredible range while being as aesthetically un-intrusive as it's possible for this kind of joint to be. I wish I knew why they can't always be like this and why so often they look horrendous with heads that are ill-fitted to the necks and have ugly gaps everywhere

Now, I know I can't bring that up without mentioning the joint and the gaps at the base of the neck which unfortunately are not hidden by this outfit. I don't know how necessary that joint is but if it plays any role in the fact that the neck on this figure is capable of such a natural looking posture - as opposed to the Hot Toys Cavill Supermans with their stupid looking stick-up-the-arse giraffe necks - then I can't bring myself to speak too harshly about it.

I sure hope their Keaton Batman lives up to this great figure.

Still amazed by this figure.

-The suit feels more damage-resistant than the Hot Toys - it's all too easy to pull threads out of the HT if your nail catches it.
-terrific proportions with a really natural look
-great range of hands for action or neutral poses
-awesome articulation
-special mention to the ball-joint head - incredible range while being as aesthetically un-intrusive as it's possible for this kind of joint to be. I wish I knew why they can't always be like this and why so often they look horrendous with heads that are ill-fitted to the necks and have ugly gaps everywhere

Now, I know I can't bring that up without mentioning the joint and the gaps at the base of the neck which unfortunately are not hidden by this outfit. I don't know how necessary that joint is but if it plays any role in the fact that the neck on this figure is capable of such a natural looking posture - as opposed to the Hot Toys Cavill Supermans with their stupid looking stick-up-the-arse giraffe necks - then I can't bring myself to speak too harshly about it.

I sure hope their Keaton Batman lives up to this great figure.

I figure the neck joint was necessary for flight poses. I'm happy to have neck joints even on Hot Toys. I know they're action figures.

I figure the neck joint was necessary for flight poses.

I dunno, the upper joint at the top-neck is so effective for flight pose as to almost render the lower one - with its relatively much more limited movement - completely moot. However the lower joint does allow the neck to lean forward as opposed to being permanently bolt-upright (''stick-up-the-arse'') like the Hot Toys Cavill Supes.

I'm happy to have neck joints even on Hot Toys. I know they're action figures.

My point isn't that action figures shouldn't have neck joints. It's that there are clearly ways to do them well. Hot Toys often doesn't do them well and are pretty careless in this area, sabotaging the general effort to make realistic and lifelike figures.

Last edited:

Glad you're enjoying '78 Supes, it looks fantastic based on photos and reviews. I've still yet to open mine, but of course looking forward to how it is in hand (so many figures, so little time..)

Does the Reeve figure come with three heads or two? I have one on the way and all the reviews show three heads while the Mezco pictures show two. Was the third head an exclusive somewhere?

Does the Reeve figure come with three heads or two? I have one on the way and all the reviews show three heads while the Mezco pictures show two. Was the third head an exclusive somewhere?

Three. The head with the broad, toothy smile was originally ill received, so I'm guessing the subtle smiling head was made in response to that but they didn't update their pictures, just like when they added a sash to Iron Fist after people pointed out he should have one but they never changed their photos of him on the site.

Three. The head with the broad, toothy smile was originally ill received, so I'm guessing the subtle smiling head was made in response to that but they didn't update their pictures, just like when they added a sash to Iron Fist after people pointed out he should have one but they never changed their photos of him on the site.

Yup. Mez confirmed that the extra head was to make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opened up '78 Superman and it looks super good! Again, I'm happy to have a great Reeve Superman film figure.

0elZK7j.jpg

Found this video, and I quite like Zimmer's theme going along with the '78 movie.

Back