Mezco Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limit of 6 figures and a long pre-order window. I wonder if by exclusive they mean with the base.

I guess I won't be able to get this as I don't have money until Friday. OH well I guess

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-indiana-jones-temple-edition - $130

x800-14794.Jpg

x800-14796.Jpg
There could be other versions coming …but why would they show him like Cairo and this one looks like he’s at the Nepal cantina and it looks the hat head is a separate head then the other expression heads…the hat should be removable to simulate the hat on the other heads

Last edited:
They got the color of the web belt wrong, but everything else looks OK.
What color is his web belt supposed to be? And is it different in each movie or typically about the same? This is one of those things I never seem to be able to figure out b/c even some of the top Indy customs I have seen have different colored web belts

What color is his web belt supposed to be? And is it different in each movie or typically about the same? This is one of those things I never seem to be able to figure out b/c even some of the top Indy customs I have seen have different colored web belts

Web belt:
Raiders and ToD: cinnamon brown
Last Crusade: tan

Crystal Skull: who cares?

My girlfriend just had an aneurysm over how inaccurate the clothes are for a Raiders figure. “It’s more Temple than Raiders!!” Needless to say I don’t think this one is coming home.

Personally, I think they already had some feedback that made them notice their whoopsies, so they went a little more vague with the name instead of just calling this Raiders Indy.

Web belt:
Raiders and ToD: cinnamon brown
Last Crusade: tan

Crystal Skull: who cares?
Interesting. Thanks. Wonder why Yunsil chose a green color belt then for that set. Figured with the ppl involved it would've been even pretty accurate. B/c of that set, this whole time I've been thinking the browner colors were completely wrong. Just assumed Yunsil's was pretty accurate top to bottom

So, I guess the original Sideshow Raiders web belt is the correct color then?
19.jpg

My girlfriend just had an aneurysm over how inaccurate the clothes are for a Raiders figure. “It’s more Temple than Raiders!!” Needless to say I don’t think this one is coming home.

Personally, I think they already had some feedback that made them notice their whoopsies, so they went a little more vague with the name instead of just calling this Raiders Indy.
The Indy may not be coming home, but it sounds like the girl is a keeper! :)

Interesting. Thanks. Wonder why Yunsil chose a green color belt then for that set. Figured with the ppl involved it would've been even pretty accurate. B/c of that set, this whole time I've been thinking the browner colors were completely wrong. Just assumed Yunsil's was pretty accurate top to bottom

So, I guess the original Sideshow Raiders web belt is the correct color then?
19.jpg

I gave up on custom groups some time ago because there's too many people that don't do their research or are remembering custom figures and not the Indy from the movie. You really need to pop in the movie to see what's-what, not just lazily google pictures really fast.

Pants colors, web belts, jacket lengths, all kinds of things go wrong.

The biggest problem is too many people are more familiar with Last Crusade than Raiders and constantly conflate the two outfits.

Regarding the Sideshow Raiders pants and belt -- the web belt is pretty good colorwise (crap otherwise) to Raiders while the pants are a little too gray (be better for ToD colorwise).

The best pants I've seen for ToD are actually the Sideshow ToD figure itself. I was quite surprised. Those pants are fantastic. His pants were a little grayer in ToD, whereas in Raiders they were a little warmer/browner.

Last edited:
Limit of 6 figures and a long pre-order window. I wonder if by exclusive they mean with the base.
They've never done the non-deluxe/deluxe thing like Hot Toys. I'm sure they'll make more Indys, but not one exactly like this with these accessories.

I really don't see them selling a huge amount of 6 inch Indys at $130 a pop.
Their Reeves Superman was about the same cost, it came with an electronic Fortress of Solitude base, and they sold 10,000 of them. Mezco used to send out stuff in the cases and they'd have xxx/xxxx case #s on them and they pretty regularly corresponded to the actual scarcity, so you could genuinely say how many were made. They stopped doing that mostly a few years ago. Mezco has fallen off a bit in popularity, and with Figuarts/Hasbro versions, I doubt this will sell as many as that.

There could be other versions coming …but why would they show him like Cairo and this one looks like he’s at the Nepal cantina and it looks the hat head is a separate head then the other expression heads…the hat should be removable to simulate the hat on the other heads
They're pretty good with hats and molding them to the hair, so it should be nice and swappable.

I gave up on custom groups some time ago because there's too many people that don't do their research or are remembering custom figures and not the Indy from the movie. You really need to pop in the movie to see what's-what, not just lazily google pictures really fast.

Pants colors, web belts, jacket lengths, all kinds of things go wrong.

The biggest problem is too many people are more familiar with Last Crusade than Raiders and constantly conflate the two outfits.

Regarding the Sideshow Raiders pants and belt -- the web belt is pretty good colorwise (crap otherwise) to Raiders while the pants are a little too gray (be better for ToD colorwise).

The best pants I've seen for ToD are actually the Sideshow ToD figure itself. I was quite surprised. Those pants are fantastic. His pants were a little grayer in ToD, whereas in Raiders they were a little warmer/browner.
I have noticed this in the FB group. Nice guys for sure, but lots of cooks in the kitchen when it comes to what's "right" for a particular movie, often times with conflicting information.

I have a spare Sideshow Raiders belt that I was using with DX05 buckle and the metal edge piece that I thought looked pretty good until I saw the Yunsil set. While, yes, I do want something pretty accurate for the most part, ultimately, I just want one that I'm happy with rather continually upgrading. If the pocket flaps had been accurate for the Mike Yuan jacket, I most likely wouldn't of been interesting in upgrading the clothing again again.

Anyway, to not further derail this thread...

I think this Mezco figure looks pretty darn cool but I guess the $130 pricetag is crazy from what I've been reading. Though, seems like you do get a lot of bang for your bucks. 4 heads + all those accessories are pretty nice.

Back