Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^The numbers were actually on Zavvi's official blog. But, to correct myself, it's 14000 :p

https://blog.zavvi.com/

This Limited Edition is available exclusively from zavvi.com in the UK and Europe. 6,000 copies of the PlayStation 3 version are now available for pre-order on the site, in addition to 4,000 copies of the Xbox 360 version. A total of just 8,000 (PS3) and 5,000 (Xbox 360) units of this edition are being manufactured worldwide, so numbers are strictly limited. Both of these editions have now appeared back on zavvi.com, and are both available for pre-order as of today, while stocks last.

I just noticed something in the Zavvi PS3 site that I didn't see yesterday. Under the "More Details" section, it now describes:

So, it looks as if they'll be offering a "certificate" instead of a numbered steel case. Or, perhaps it'll just be a generic sticker plastered onto somewhere at the back (I hope not). Anyway, what does "TBC" even stand for?

TBC= To Be Confirmed,
'certificate' is reffering to the games age rating :)
HTH

Kindest regards
Tys

I just noticed something in the Zavvi PS3 site that I didn't see yesterday. Under the "More Details" section, it now describes:

So, it looks as if they'll be offering a "certificate" instead of a numbered steel case. Or, perhaps it'll just be a generic sticker plastered onto somewhere at the back (I hope not). Anyway, what does "TBC" even stand for?

are you sure the certificate doesn't relate to the age rating?

Can't wait to get all my Limited editions, i jus bought a U.S one on eBay but its without the game (made it alot cheaper)

are you sure the certificate doesn't relate to the age rating?

Can't wait to get all my Limited editions, i jus bought a U.S one on eBay but its without the game (made it alot cheaper)

Yeah, I think you're right. Congrats on getting a U.S. one, btw. How much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking?

including the shipping i got it for $80 lol. pretty good to me when everything else went for much more when all i really want is the packaging and artbook.
I could proli get the game lot cheaper in future if i want the American one to complete it

So let me get this straight.

The U.S. limited edition comes with that same artbook and that different box art packaging right?

That's the only difference between the Limited Edition and the U.S. Regular edition?

I didn't realize that there were so many editions of this HD collection! Lol

The euro one still needs to get finalized but we'll see, i hope its better than how it looks now. So far the best is the Japanese version.

They got a much bigger book, reversible cover, cooler box art and a soundtrack plus an MGS1 download code

only thing missing is peace walker

The euro one still needs to get finalized but we'll see, i hope its better than how it looks now. So far the best is the Japanese version.

They got a much bigger book, reversible cover, cooler box art and a soundtrack plus an MGS1 download code

only thing missing is peace walker

That art book is a monster! It looks like they compiled it together with the entire, original MGS 1 art book. There's no way that I'd spend $180 for that LE though :lol. That's waaay too much.

including the shipping i got it for $80 lol. pretty good to me when everything else went for much more when all i really want is the packaging and artbook.
I could proli get the game lot cheaper in future if i want the American one to complete it

Btw, that's not bad, compared to what a mint copy is selling for. You can definitely pick up a U.S. game for cheap later on. I would expect for there to be a price drop in a few months.

Btw, that's not bad, compared to what a mint copy is selling for. You can definitely pick up a U.S. game for cheap later on. I would expect for there to be a price drop in a few months.

:lecture Yeah If you can wait until after the first of the year I"m sure it'll drop in price. I picked up the God of War origins game for $24 a couple months after it was released...I still haven't opened it yet, but at least I got it cheap.

Has anybody seen this yet? The Zavvi edition is set to release on the 3rd and they put up an unboxing vid of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8-FyhlgPutk

I'm confused,...

The game, which was supposed to be in a steelbook case,...is seperate? Are they giving us 2 different games? One in a steelbook and one in a regular plastic case? Why?! Or is the steelbook empty so you need to switch the discs out and put them in there. Again, why!?

Also the seelbook isn't even a steelbook, but it's a sticker book? :slap I've never seen a sticker book but apparently it's just a cheaper and crappier steelbook.

What happened? On a personal note, I was kind of hoping the box/case for all of it was going to be the same hard cardboard material that the US Limited Edition was made up of. But it looks to be just a thin cheap box! :mad:

EDIT: Interestingly enough, I just came across this information and apparently the PS3 one will be the better purchase as it will actually still come with a quality G2 size steelbook case.

MGS-Spread-300x253.jpg

Don't know if anybody here is interested or purchasing this, but if the ps3 version indeed comes like this than it should actually be pretty cool. And we can all forget my little rant above.

Source: https://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/20...ltimate-hd-collection-steelbook-australia-uk/

Last edited:
I have a PS3 order with them as well. I think they have already started charging some people for this. At least that's what some people are saying over on other forums.

Someone also said that they tried to cancel with Zavvi, but were denied. I had 4 of these on order about 2 weeks ago and cancelled all but one. It may be too late to cancel it in their system because they have to approve it.

I sent them an email to clarify with me if the PS3 version was still receiving the Steelbook case, and if it wasn't, then I asked them to cancel my order and I gave them my order #.

Hopefully I'll find out something soon.

I cancelled an extra LE for ebay due to lack of fund, ironically.

anyway my order is "processing" but someone on a forum said their xbox version is already "shipped". So i think we'll get it earlier than the 3rd :)

In the email that was sent when they changed it from the Ultimate edition to this LE they said only the early pre-orders were to get t-shirts. since that on every LE I wonder if we still get an extra. Its a pretty ____ LE compared to the ___ version due to the ugly art alone imo

I cancelled an extra LE for ebay due to lack of fund, ironically.

anyway my order is "processing" but someone on a forum said their xbox version is already "shipped". So i think we'll get it earlier than the 3rd :)

In the email that was sent when they changed it from the Ultimate edition to this LE they said only the early pre-orders were to get t-shirts. since that on every LE I wonder if we still get an extra. Its a pretty ____ LE compared to the ___ version due to the ugly art alone imo

Where are you located Zombie? I'm in the US and I haven't been charged yet. I actually hope they don't charge me for a couple more days 'cause I'm still trying to make up my mind on purchasing or not.

It's crazy that we are this close to shipping, and we still don't know for sure what we are getting. I believe you about what they on the shirt. They have been so inconsistent what information!

On their blog, they have reported that we are getting an actual steelbook case and not the sticker book. But just today they responded to someone's email stating that both the PS3 and 360 versions would come with the sticker books. :slap

I thought it was just the platinum copy of MGS4 that the original 4,000 were supposed to get. How do we ever get to know these things? :dunno

EDIT: Alright, decided to cancel so it is currently processing. Everyone on CE.org have been denied the cancellation so my chances are slim. They all may like in the UK though so maybe I have a better chance. Maybe another reason wy I haven't been charged.

Everyone is saying the price will eventually go down so we'll see.

Last edited:
Seeing the final result of the package, I'm glad that I canceled my order with Zavvi earlier this month. Also, I don't believe that they're being honest with their edition numbers. The combined total of the PS3 and X-Box versions were only supposed to be 13,000 world wide, but they've been on sale for several months already. I think it's either one of two things; the Zavvi edition is highly unpopular, or they've gone the way of mass producing.

I had an email today saying the game had been shipped.
If i don't get the T-shirt or steel book it will be going back for a refund.

Also very stupidly ordered the xbox version so may send it back anyway to get the ps3 version.

Also the T-SHIRT is Medium meh i take XXL or XL depending on brand.

should have gotten both the ps3 and the xbox version , but £140.00 on 2 of the same games i don't think so.
I'm sure the ps3 steel book will appear on ebay soon.

NO! METAL GEAR SOLID 1 is disappointing but snake eater is the best anyway's

Also in the steel book's what does G1 AND G2 mean?

Last edited:
Im in the UK which might be why i have been charged already. Im sure itll sell out after release. All the other LEs didn't sell out at least after a couple of weeks(japan 1 week)

Ive got the US(no disk) and Japanese one coming, ill proli sell mine except for the artbook and game since it all so ugly imo.

For a MGS collection you'd think they'd us actual artwork like they have with every ____ing other Euro release ever!

Back