Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted you guys to know, that Gamestop.com has the LE for the PS3 back in stock today. There are only 16 left, though.

Almost done with Snake Eater. I can say without any question that this is my number 1 game of all time. It is so good that I think I am going to play every single major MGS game now, beginning to end, in chronological order. Looks like Peacewalker is next! (already beat it on PSP.)

Ok so I've been playing MGS3 HD for 4 hours now and this game is still the BOMB!

I can't believe how amazing it looks and feels on the PS3 in HD.

Beautiful work by Kojima Productions.

I did notice a few changes here and there. The button you use to select items or actions is no longer "O" but "X" (like in MGS4)

The "nightmare" part when you're being held captive is gone.

You can no longer play with your glasses using the triangle button when you're wearing the scientist disguise.

If you haven't bought this game yet, I'd say go for it you won't be disappointed. It's even better if you're discovering it for the first time.

I've played through this game dozens of times and I'm still enjoying it as though I were back in 2004.

One of the best games ever :rock

Ok so I've been playing MGS3 HD for 4 hours now and this game is still the BOMB!

I did notice a few changes here and there. The button you use to select items or actions is no longer "O" but "X" (like in MGS4)

You can no longer play with your glasses using the triangle button when you're wearing the scientist disguise.

If you haven't bought this game yet, I'd say go for it you won't be disappointed. It's even better if you're discovering it for the first time.

I've played through this game dozens of times and I'm still enjoying it as though I were back in 2004.

hell yeaa bro !!
and the best part is now xbox fans will be able to experience one of the best games ever made and know why we talked about it so much.

long live MGS

MGS5 the wait begins

Is it just me or did they also strip the instramentals from the song Snake Eater while he climbs up the looooong ladder. I could of sworn it was the complete song in the PS2 version. :dunno

But yeah Snake eater looks beautiful in HD. My favorite game on PS2 and close to my favorite this gen too. Thanks so so much Konami and Master Kojima!

I'm not happy to hear about those changes. It's really the subtle things that made MGS 3 so great. The nightmare sequence was cool, especially the codec conversation that followed soon after. It was also funny to see Snake play with his nerd glasses, while being scrutinized by random Soviet officers :lol. But, besides what you mentioned, I wonder what other things they might have changed/removed, that went by unnoticed.

I'll just stick to playing my original PS2 version of Subsistence, so that I can enjoy the game in its entirety (regardless of the low-res graphics).

I'm not happy to hear about those changes. It's really the subtle things that made MGS 3 so great. The nightmare sequence was cool, especially the codec conversation that followed soon after. It was also funny to see Snake play with his nerd glasses, while being scrutinized by random Soviet officers :lol. But, besides what you mentioned, I wonder what other things they might have changed/removed, that went by unnoticed.

I'll just stick to playing my original PS2 version of Subsistence, so that I can enjoy the game in its entirety (regardless of the low-res graphics).

Yes I agree it's a shame that this game is not the exact HD conversion of its PS2 counterpart.

But it's still a beautiful tribute to MGS3. The changes are very subtle, they don't change the quality of the game

Some other changes I forgot to mention:

-At the beginning of the game when Snake is wearing his oxygen mask during the HALO jump, there's an inscription on the mask that says "Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater" right below the "US ARMY" inscription

-The cave sequence after the fight with Ocelot is a little more lit, not pitch dark as it used to be on the PS2. It makes it easier to go from place to another.

-All the "R1" sequences during cinematics are "unlocked". On the PS2 version you had to press R1 even though it wasn't shown on the screen to see through Snake's eyes and uncover secrets.
Now you just have to press R1 whenever you're told to and you'll see all those easter eggs.

Back