Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are outta control in here. It'll be a fun game with cool set pieces and the story will be lame as ****, like every other entry in the series.

Halo fan?

MGS 1 2 3 trump just about everything out there with a deep story. You obviously have hideous taste in gaming then.

I hate Halo. You're obviously retarded if you think these stories are anything but your basic action fodder. They're about as deep as the shallow end of a kiddy blow up pool.

I'm not a hardcore fan of any gaming series. I play games because they're entertaining. And yes, the stories are basic. You see the same forumla in 90% of action films that come out on any medium. Adding in a **** ton of info and characters does not make a story complex or add to it's concepts. It only adds more **** to sift. If I'm not mistaken Kojima himself is on record as saying he makes this **** up as he goes and has never had a plan for the series story.

I'm not a hardcore fan of any gaming series. I play games because they're entertaining. And yes, the stories are basic. Adding in a **** ton of info and characters does not make a story complex or add to it's concepts. It only adds more **** to sift. If I'm not mistaken Kojima himself is on record as saying he makes this **** up as he goes and has never had a plan for the series story.

Your going to tell me, you weren't fascinated by MGS1 14 years ago? Really dude?

In your opinion, what is a indepth game that is beyond this basic action fodder called Metal Gear Solid?

I was fascinated by MGS1 because it was a new type of game and the graphics and cut scenes were amazing for it's time.

I don't think there are any "deep" games. If I had to pick a game that ever did anything more than entertain me it would be something like Shadow of the Colossus. But not because of any depth.

edit: I actually did feel something in MGS4 as well. When he went back to Shadow Moses. It made me all nostalgic with memories of playing the original game with my friends.

Ive yet to find video-game whos story is engaging from start to finish like Metal Gear Solid. Its a great story even on movie or novel grounds

Shadow of the colossus was excellent like Ico in that its story is great without either game telling you **** lol

So we cherry pick Kojima's brilliance?

Don't we for George Lucas?

Why do we have to absolutely love everything out of the man's mind?

MGS 1 2 3 in my opinion are flawless INDEPTH games with a very thought out story and plot. Everything since then has been ****.

There are still aspects of genious peppered throughout the later games though.

For me the scene in PeaceWalker when BigBoss calls Washington was pretty epic. Also about half MGS4s story is genius, its just harder to see because of the crap half. I liked Snakes suicide mission and how Foxdie was turning him into a Biohazard

There are still aspects of genious peppered throughout the later games though.

For me the scene in PeaceWalker when BigBoss calls Washington was pretty epic. Also about half MGS4s story is genius, its just harder to see because of the crap half. I liked Snakes suicide mission and how Foxdie was turning him into a Biohazard

The biohazard thing was a little forced I think. I did like the whole nothing to lose attitude of Snake.

So the last game you liked was a Big Boss game who's to say this won't be a return to form for your liking?

I can agree with you on that.

MGS3 introduced us to young Big Boss. But it wasn't so much his personality that I liked (if you can call how he acts personality, he just seemed like a guy doing his job and at the end hated what he was forced to do) it was just the setting and time around him that allured me to him.

MPO didn't serve a purpose but I give it more credit than PW. PW can be ignored completely since it didn't hammer in any tracks to the next game. Although it seems MPO is ignored completely along with Frank Yeager and this is a direct sequel to PW.

I was looking forward to this game when I thought Big Boss was older, but he's not and that excitement is dead just like with Zandatsu.

It gave him his only quips in the game that reminded me of his MGS1 self
(in briefing 5)

https://youtu.be/L3DNRF91Uhk?t=3m7s
and
https://youtu.be/L3DNRF91Uhk?t=4m52s

its ashame he was senile most of the time like BigBoss

Pliskins right the thing MGS3 had going for it the most was the 60s era, whos tech was believable for its time!

MGS2 Snake still felt like MGS1 Snake just more focused on what he wanted to do with his life. MGS4 Snake just felt like a different guy who was just let out of a elderly home and wanted to go out for a bang so he went to go kill his elderly brother.

[ame]https://youtu.be/j5CGFVTIZwI[/ame]

The thing with the tech, it's getting extremely irritating that the tech shown in the last three BB games is beyond even MGS2...

If stealth camo was developed back in the mid to late 20th century, why isn't everyone using it in the later games?

Holograms in the 80's? Really Kojima?

you can tell MGS4 was meant to be the last one. It went over the top in all the story telling because Kojima was trying to tie every last story question, while trying to keep it believable. he sort of failed in the believable bit, but the ending would have been amazing had snake offed himself.

Back