Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes [Update: trailer]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Who isn't!

Maybe it is Raiden and thats why they named him Jack!!!

I'm sure the tape recorder thing is something of high value to the story. But MGS is becoming a pretty incoherent mess lately. I know Kojima likes Sci-Fi elements in these games and that's why I enjoyed MGS1 so much with Psycho Mantis and Raven... but it's become absurd ever since Vamp took a bullet to the head... nanomachines for flesh wounds okay... but your brain just blew out the back of your head dude...................................................................................................................................................................................................

and he continues his phone conversation.......................................... then passes out and wakes up right as rain.

I think Kojima should just give up and either reboot or parallel universe that ****.
You can tell he loves the SciFi aspect but a hologram map in the 70s? Chest earphones, electronic cigarettes and more advanced Mechs than Rex in the 60s? common man leave that **** to Solid Snake

I think Kojima should just give up and either reboot or parallel universe that ****.
You can tell he loves the SciFi aspect but a hologram map in the 70s? Chest earphones, electronic cigarettes and more advanced Mechs than Rex in the 60s? common man leave that **** to Solid Snake

BHUTT BIG BUSSSS BEET ALL DOSE MECHZZZZZ WHITAOUT HA-TECH GEARZ LAKE SOLIZ SNAKUUU!!!

That argument... is so retarded...

Snake has high tech gear... the Mechs of his time have high tech gear... herp derp...

He's really being an idiot with all this high tech stuff that was not even possible before the 21st century. I understand you need to throw in a mech or two back then, but your getting out of hand with this ****.

BHUTT BIG BUSSSS BEET ALL DOSE MECHZZZZZ WHITAOUT HA-TECH GEARZ LAKE SOLIZ SNAKUUU!!!

That argument... is so retarded...

Snake has high tech gear... the Mechs of his time have high tech gear... herp derp...

He's really being an idiot with all this high tech stuff that was not even possible before the 21st century. I understand you need to throw in a mech or two back then, but your getting out of hand with this ****.

:goodpost: :exactly:

You both have raised some very excellent points. Yeah, I have no idea what Kojima is doing right now with such high-tech gear that shouldn't have even existed in the 60s and 70s. The series was pretty consistent up to MGS 4.

:lol

I haven't visited that forum in a long time, but yeah, I remember reading a few conversations where people were very confused.

I'm just surprised that they don't know the back-story of Metal Gear Solid, because they are all mostly Military 1/6 collectors there.. and the MGS theme IS Military-related, their Medicom & Hot Toys releases have probably gone to some homes of Military collectors.

Then again, we really can't assume that. :lol Maybe they're just Military 1/6 collectors, and not video gamers.

My hair is brown, and has NEVER looked gray to me ever in bright lighting. Quite possibly it takes place in two different times. I'm not entirely certain of this now.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tBAiF2nX1k[/ame]

Last edited:
So his hair isnt grey, it is just a lighting problem. Then what about the wrinkles and tired eyes?

So his hair isnt grey, it is just a lighting problem. Then what about the wrinkles and tired eyes?

Maybe it's 1970s/80s Nanomachines or...

He looks old as **** in the trailer. Out in open light it's gray, in the helicopter is brown? Is he wearing a primitive Octocam Yamaka?

His hair is clearly grey in the trailer. Im surprised at Kojimas reaction lol

Anyway he still looks Old, which i like. It shows he's slowly becoming the BigBoss we all know. I also like how he looks different than Solid

His hair is clearly grey in the trailer. Im surprised at Kojimas reaction lol

Anyway he still looks Old, which i like. It shows he's slowly becoming the BigBoss we all know. I also like how he looks different than Solid

Making Big Boss into the secret good guy and keeping him alive until the very end was the biggest blunder in the history of the universe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Japanese culture says you don't become a legend until you die. It completely killed any mythology of Big Boss having him come back for the fill in the gaps section of the game...

But it's about time he started looking like how he does during Outer Heaven. If this is a prologue, no doubt in my mind that Kojima is heeding the fans call for MG 1 & 2 remakes.

Making Big Boss into the secret good guy and keeping him alive until the very end was the biggest blunder in the history of the universe.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Japanese culture says you don't become a legend until you die. It completely killed any mythology of Big Boss having him come back for the fill in the gaps section of the game...

But it's about time he started looking like how he does during Outer Heaven. If this is a prologue, no doubt in my mind that Kojima is heeding the fans call for MG 1 & 2 remakes.

So I've heard from one of Kojima's interviews from 2008 (can't remember the source). A bit off topic, but the same can be said about Solid Snake too. Under Kojima's original plan for MGS 4, Snake and Otacon were supposed to stand trial and be executed for their crimes. That's the main reason for why "Here's to You" was included as a song in MGS 4 - in that Snake and Otacon were supposed to parallel the deaths of Sacco and Vanzetti. The impact of such an ending would have been so awesome. Killing out the main character in a video game in a dramatic style doesn't happen, except in in games such as Red Dead Redemption. Metal Gear Solid was supposed to end with MGS 4. Kojima had hopes of it being his last game, but he got suckered in again :lol.

Well at the end of MGS4 BigBoss did admit he was a baddie, which is why im hoping he's not the good guy their making him out to be. At the very least he should be the anti-villain like Solidus was in MGS2

Out of curiosity are people tweeting Koji about how he's ****ing up the series? He seems to listen to his followers

So I've heard from one of Kojima's interviews from 2008 (can't remember the source). A bit off topic, but the same can be said about Solid Snake too. Under Kojima's original plan for MGS 4, Snake and Otacon were supposed to stand trial and be executed for their crimes.

MGS deserved a nice depressing ending. Like Cowboy Bebop, It would have been legendary!

Snake blowing his brains out literally stunned me more than any other game... but then we cut back to **** head showing up and Snake still alive...

Just the fact he pussed out pissed me off more than the ****ty scene after.

They could have at least made the gunshot come from BigBoss' Patriot

Just the fact he pussed out pissed me off more than the ****ty scene after.

They could have at least made the gunshot come from BigBoss' Patriot

I know exactly what you mean.

Of course you got those people that go "BUTT BIGGU BOSSUU WUD OVE DUNN ITZ!!!!"

hopefully he has some kind of character in this game. In MGS3 he was like Solid but not a cold ******* and more newbie.

But in Peace Walker, what ever happened he was like "so what do you think Kaz?" The only time his character came out was when he had that speech at the end and was all "Call Me BigBoss!" but it looks like that ****s out the window now

No gray hair is official, and no gray means I officially hate this game.

Anybody want to start a bet we get ANOTHER ****ing Big Boss game?

Back