Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at a japanese market place with friends, and this caught my eye. One of them is into Metal Gear (she has a Foxhound keychain, neat) and said it was probably worth it.

ZlXSN14l.jpg

Tasted ok (I don't see why Big Boss and Eva love it so though :lol ) but I'm glad I tried it regardless. I just remember going all "OMG METAL GEAR"

I wanna look into rations too. Also, the Calorie Mate flavors were, from left to right, chocolate (What I chose), fruits, maple and cheese. I kept the box though >.> it looks nice. Though interesting is that Calorie mate has two bags in inside, with two bars.

I was at a japanese market place with friends, and this caught my eye. One of them is into Metal Gear (she has a Foxhound keychain, neat) and said it was probably worth it.

ZlXSN14l.jpg

Tasted ok (I don't see why Big Boss and Eva love it so though :lol ) but I'm glad I tried it regardless. I just remember going all "OMG METAL GEAR"

Nice! My cousin tried some, she said it tasted like crap. :lol

Kinda does. I gave one bar to my friends who wanted to split it, they said it was all right for the price ($4 I think) while my mom hated it :lol

Not exactly MGS related, since it has no Metal Gear! :dunno

Here's IGN's top 25 PS3 games:

Seriously, Rising should definitely be on that list, and Arkham City should be waay higher.

That's a very bad list, no MGS4 (haven't played MGR yet so I can't talk about it), Batman way too low, and other games that didn't deserve to be in the list imo.

Ugh, that is such a failed list :slap. Uncharted 3 shouldn't even be there, and Fallout 3 was practically glitched and broken beyond repair on the PS3.

Also, it's crazy how there was no mention of MGS 4. Yeah, I didn't enjoy the storyline, but it was still an immensely fun MGS game, with lots of mindless, breath-taking cinematics. Excluding it is unforgivable.

Plus, there was also no mention of God of War 3, the Ico HD Collection, Ass Creed (II, Brotherhood, Revelations), Valkyria Chronicles, etc :pow. Seriously, IGN is retarded. Ni no Kuni makes their list as the best JRPG but NOT Valkyria Chronicles?

That's a very bad list, no MGS4 (haven't played MGR yet so I can't talk about it), Batman way too low, and other games that didn't deserve to be in the list imo.

What's wrong with you? :slap :lol

Rising is probably the best Metal Gear since MGS3 because it's a black comedy of sorts. I ADORE Uncharted 3 but I don't think it should be on that list, and no way in hell is it better than Arkham City. :lol

Ugh, that is such a failed list :slap. Uncharted 3 shouldn't even be there, and Fallout 3 was practically glitched and broken beyond repair on the PS3.

Also, it's crazy how there was no mention of MGS 4. Yeah, I didn't enjoy the storyline, but it was still an immensely fun MGS game, with lots of mindless, breath-taking cinematics. Excluding it is unforgivable.

Plus, there was also no mention of God of War 3, the Ico HD Collection, Ass Creed (II, Brotherhood, Revelations), Valkyria Chronicles, etc :pow. Seriously, IGN is retarded. Ni no Kuni makes their list as the best JRPG but NOT Valkyria Chronicles?

It is? Thanks for the warning, I always wanted to play Fallout 3.

Yeah, as much as we all critique MGS4, it's still a sublime game that definitely should be on the top 25 list.

The biggest problem with Fallout 3 on the PS3 are the saves. If I recall correctly, the save files can get incredibly large, and loading them will often cause your PS3 to freeze - which forces you to preform a hard reboot. There are some other game-related glitches, like poor graphics, slow-downs, being locked in certain areas without being able to escape, etc.

I think Playstation exclusives should take precedent on that list. And even if they were i disagree with most of it. Stardust - really?

No Assassin's Creed? Ratchet and Clank? God of War? Yeah everyone's right - though I question Ryan on Uncharted, at least some Uncharted game should be on it. Catherine's reasons for being on there are...stupid honestly. Arkham City should be higher up too, but where it's at isn't too bad. I'm not too sure about two Uncharted games being on there though...

This list is seriously awful. Too many indie games...but The Last of Us on Number 1, I'm not too sure how to feel. I still need to buy it but idk. The MGS HD Collection should be on it if the Mass Effect Trilogy was :lol Additionally, many games were multiplatform...which kills the list honestly.

Whatever do you mean? :lol

I was referring to Uncharted 3, not the series. Don't get me wrong, U3 was a GREAT sequel but brought nothing new to the table, hence why it shouldn't be on a list where every innovative game matters. MGS4 or Rising could have easily taken that spot. I love all Uncharted games, including Golden Abyss but only Uncharted 2 should be on the list as it was the one that brought the most innovation, having U3 there is redundant.

MGS HD probably shouldn't be on the list in the interest of giving real PS3 games a fighting chance. Besides, if MGS HD is there then we need Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, FFXHD, RE4 HD, and Kingdom Hearts HD to name a few. :lol

Last edited:
Fallout 3 crashed all the time for me too. I had to keep doing hard resets until I gave up.

I don't think it's a bad list, but I have very different taste than them, hence why I said I don't follow IGN. They have a lot of fans that enjoy the various personalities, and have gotten very popular, so I'm just the odd man out. The great thing about these lists is that we can appreciate all the great games we got, and it can provoke some fun debates!

These are just some extremely unorganized thoughts:

Last of Us is a very good game, but doesn't belong at the top. Best acting, graphics, and story-telling in a ps3 game.

I pre-ordered Uncharted 3, and got rid of it as soon as I played the hardest mode, since I didn't enjoy Uncharted 2 until I played the highest difficulty, I had to to give it a shot. Uncharted 3 had really weird magnetic aiming, enemies did the moon-walk, my Drake would float around the screen, nonsensical animations, the quick-time overload, mind-numbing puzzles, and too much on rail gameplay. The worst part about it though was the pacing. I could understand Uncharted 2 even being called the best PS3 game of all time, but I wasn't a fan of Uncharted 3.

I believe the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls games deserve the top spot. I have not gotten around to Dark Souls 2, but those are probably the best games I have ever played. MGS3 is still my favorite, but I think they're better.

Although I like Arkham Asylum better than Arkham City, City is a much better product and I think it deserves a top spot.

Killzone 2 is a far superior game to Resistance 3, but I'm glad that the original Bioshock was there and not Bioshock Infinite (It stinks, and I don't like it). Same with the first Dead Space over the sequel.

I never even finished Infamous 2, because it was so soulless and repetitive.

Heavy Rain is flawed, but it is a fantastic experience that everyone should check out. I'm glad it's on the list!

I would also put MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time on a top 25 list, if I was making it. While I thought Rising's story was awful, it was probably the best action game on the PS3, so l think it's also fair to give it a spot.

I think Playstation exclusives should take precedent on that list. And even if they were i disagree with most of it. Stardust - really?

That one shouldn't even be there. Most people I know downloaded the demo for Super Stardust HD in 2008, played it a bit at the time of MGS 4's release, and then simply forgot about it. It's not a memorable game at all.

I actually forgot about Super Stardust's existence until now :rotfl

@ Ryan: uhh....I dunno >.> <.< there was something about Uncharted 3 that helped it stick out to me :lol

Uncharted 3 had just amazing set pieces and gorgeous graphics. The desert [emoji7][emoji7]
But its not as good as Uncharted 2, pacing nor plot wise. This video explains quite well the reasons

If there's one game I am grateful that IGN included, it's Dead Space. That franchise deserves more love - the 3rd might have dropped the ball at times but still was ok. And the original is still top notch. Even going into more action didn't harm the series in 2. I did a few papers on the mythos in the series, one in my senior year of high school based on humanity taking too much and causing a lot of harm, and one for a philosophy class on Isaac in Dead Space 2 toward Nicole. I'm replaying the games for Platinum trophies (just got mine in Dead Space with One Gun + Impossible difficulty, still great. I finally got the NECA Dead Space 2 figures to go with my DS1 and DS3 PAK)

Back