Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey FSLAT could you tell me if the Deadspace3 story is satisfying or expands the mythos without spoiler?
They really mishandled Dead Space terribly, I don't know what made them think people wanted it to be an action game

In a manner of speaking yes, kinda. The beginning with stuff about Isaac, Ellie and Robert Norton...is pretty dull and uninteresting. Carver's ok, Santos is amusing and Buckell was neat, due to his conversations with Isaac especially in a side-mission. Norton is just an ******* (even Isaac says this :lol ) while Ellie, I don't like what they did with her at all. When they reach Tau Volantis, the story does pick up and some of the mythos get good treatment. Toward the end however, is where the mythos take a crazy turn. Convergence is explained, and wow, I was mind blown. I couldn't really say too much without spoiling, it's...crazy. Even the series' namesake is explained.

Dead Space 2 is fine honestly, the action turn isn't too bad. The original did have a decent amount of action, 2 ramped it a bit and some changes worked. Zero-Gravity (outside of the music omission, because man, the first's Zero-Gravity music was phenomenal, I loved it) was better a bit honestly, and Isaac talking is better than Isaac not talking. I'm fine with mute protagonists but I don't think it makes any sort of sense in survival horror - how does a guy not react to people being decimated? There was no real way to connect to Isaac unlike how Nintendo handles Link. Melee and stomping being faster helps because it was too slow and stilted in the first, and I still think Dead Space 2 has its slow and deliberate moments. I think people just hate on 2 too much, because it's a worthy successor and plus, Isaac is a bit more prepared unlike the first game.

3 however, did ruin a number of things. Isaac has no hallucinations, so some horror and moments of questioning Isaac are gone, which was neat in the first two games. They could have figured in something honestly, because Isaac still claims he is messed up in the head and since he has some odd moments of supposedly hallucinating. Human enemies suck, I hate that idea. Crafting is a neat idea though, it's not bad and Isaac being an engineer, it makes sense. However, moments of being alone and tension still work in the series, despite Isaac having a group now, so I give Visceral some credit.

I really liked Dead Space 2, it was great. Personally I prefer a faceless voiceless Isacc, screaming and panting was enough for me. The game could have used less action and more horror though the action was done well.

I'm glad DeadSpace 3 had some more story since DS2 barley moved it and I feared it would become like assassins creed. Luckily I have PS+ so I can play DS3 without buying it :)

And Thanks for the info FSLAR. 7 Internet points for you!

I loved DS1, DS2 was too action oriented... but it wasn't bad by any stretch. I have yet to play DS3.

Actually i really hoping some kind Legacy Collections, cause i've never played MGS4 and PW till today. But i thinks it's really too soon for that kind collections. :rotfl

I knoeee
PS4 huz no gamez

At least the demo of FIFA 15 is out…. :lol

It’s been rough man, other than NBA 2K15 and Alien Isolation, there isn’t really much to look forward to this year. I bought Destiny and already sold it, I was really let down by that game.

I think this holiday season I might have to resort to buying the annually popular games I never buy like Assassins Creed, and Call Of Duty.

It’s been rough man, other than NBA 2K15 and Alien Isolation, there isn’t really much to look forward to this year. I bought Destiny and already sold it, I was really let down by that game.

I think this holiday season I might have to resort to buying the annually popular games I never buy like Assassins Creed, and Call Of Duty.

Ahhh Destiny is just another FPS that plays exactly the same to the other 20 in the market.

And I'll never buy another CoD, not cause I hate them and stereotype it's players, but because the whole tactical FPS genre is just beyond meh to me at this point.

I'm perfectly content playing with my PS and PS2 my old games, I've been craving to play Onimusha Warlords again for weeks now.

Ahhh Destiny is just another FPS that plays exactly the same to the other 20 in the market.

And I'll never buy another CoD, not cause I hate them and stereotype it's players, but because the whole tactical FPS genre is just beyond meh to me at this point.

I'm perfectly content playing with my PS and PS2 my old games, I've been craving to play Onimusha Warlords again for weeks now.

I thought Destiny would be more than just an average shooter with the coop aspect and all, but it didn’t end up that way unfortunately, I haven’t played a COD in game since 4, but times are rough right now :lol

You done anymore mgs4 trophies?

I'm at my last run! I'm doing my BBE run but taking it slowly. Once I'm done with that I'll get the remaining 8 emblems! :panic:

How's your progress Frank? I just need to find a warm, sunny day where I can endure that horrible bike chase. :lol

Enable auto-aim, it'll make the bike scene 10x easier, especially around those pesky corners with the gunners that pop out from the intersections.

Enable auto-aim, it'll make the bike scene 10x easier, especially around those pesky corners with the gunners that pop out from the intersections.

With the Solar Gun equipped, no less. The tranquilizer pistol is pretty much useless during that BBE bike chase. Solar Gun, smoke and stun grenades are you best friend.

Have you done a BBE run before, Solidus?

I haven't played anymore since, I've been mixing FFXHD and Shadow of the Colossus in with it

I got a couple of run throughs left including the BBE

I'm at my last run! I'm doing my BBE run but taking it slowly. Once I'm done with that I'll get the remaining 8 emblems! :panic:

How's your progress Frank? I just need to find a warm, sunny day where I can endure that horrible bike chase. :lol

With the Solar Gun equipped, no less. The tranquilizer pistol is pretty much useless during that BBE bike chase. Solar Gun, smoke and stun grenades are you best friend.

Have you done a BBE run before, Solidus?

Years ago, I beat the bike scene once on BBE difficulty and it was hell. Then I completed it again on two more playthroughs in 2012 just for "fun" :lol :slap. One thing that I learned, is that "practice doesn't make perfect" at that scene. You literally have to go in with your A-game, and hope for just a little bit of fortune on your side.

BBE was a ***** :lol

So glad I got that Platinum behind me, but stupid Konami's servers are gone now and I don't have the download camos.

Back