Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean didn't expect Gray Fox to be such a hit? I've always felt that he's been in the top 5 or maybe even in the top 3 most popular MGS characters.

Well, it's not that I didn't expect Fox to be a hit... I just didn't expect to see how much he inflated how he did. Going for $300+ fairly quickly. But I think Quiet was the first of the line to literally explode in price immediately after release. I think I'm one of the last guys on here to get her at retail.

I suspected Fox would be hard to come by before it came out, and when the Red version was shown with the spare head... I bought a 2nd regular version to use it. So I have three in total.

I see meryl and kaz being cheap but liquid shouldnt be if they released more solid or both at the same time. The main reason people arent buying liquid is because who wants him without solid? Youd have to be a superfan of the character in order to only care about him. Same for the customs were getting, the people who missed out on solid werent in for liquid unless the got a solid so i think thats why a second run was accepted.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I've never seen a KO PAK in hand yet so can't say about the quality, but PAK definitely have had some bloopers across all the lines.

Even the new FFAC, there were some Yuffie and Tifa problems.

It's insane how much PAK charge these days.

I'm not even kidding I paid £30 more for the HT commando figure than the new PAK prices are set at and that is insane to me

Pretty much hit the nail on the head of why I refuse to collect PAKs and sold off my old collection. Dubious materials/engineering, poor QC, bizarre non-scale and absurd prices. I wince a little whenever one of my 'normal' friends messages me to tell me they bought this 'amazing Japanese import figure' from one of their favourite games. Every damn time it's a PAK, and they paid way over the odds for it from some UK retail store.

One of my friends spent Hot Toys money on the fatigues Venom Snake. About £130. He could have picked up the Hot Toys MGS3 Snake or InFlames Metal Boss for less than that...

I see meryl and kaz being cheap but liquid shouldnt be if they released more solid or both at the same time. The main reason people arent buying liquid is because who wants him without solid? Youd have to be a superfan of the character in order to only care about him. Same for the customs were getting, the people who missed out on solid werent in for liquid unless the got a solid so i think thats why a second run was accepted.

Yeah I can safely say had I not procured a Solid Snake, I wouldn't have gotten Liquid Snake. I regret buying him at full retail and with inflated tax at a convention too, I was paranoid of the QC. I wish I waited for his massive price drop like I did Raiden...Raiden could maybe stand alone (even though the MGR one is miles better).

also agree with Pliss, pretty lame how they cut down those lines.

I would rather pay out of my arse for 1 custom than have to spend almost £300 on 2 PAK figures.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head of why I refuse to collect PAKs and sold off my old collection. Dubious materials/engineering, poor QC, bizarre non-scale and absurd prices. I wince a little whenever one of my 'normal' friends messages me to tell me they bought this 'amazing Japanese import figure' from one of their favourite games. Every damn time it's a PAK, and they paid way over the odds for it from some UK retail store.

One of my friends spent Hot Toys money on the fatigues Venom Snake. About £130. He could have picked up the Hot Toys MGS3 Snake or InFlames Metal Boss for less than that...

DAMMIT!

Here's what I got just for reference...
rfylCEz.jpg
i saw that on ebay..

I still can't believe they cut the MGS1 line down to four figures... and MGS2 to two.

But can't they at any point re-activate those lines by announcing another wave? I don't think anything is final. MGS2 Snake, Revolver Ocelot and Sniper Wolf in particular are begging to be done.

Plus I just know at some point they'll shift their gaze to MGS3 as well.

Meh. I plan on displaying PAK Meryl and Liquid in the background with Revoltech Snake and Ninja in the foreground. Have to make do with the budget I have.

Well, it's not that I didn't expect Fox to be a hit... I just didn't expect to see how much he inflated how he did. Going for $300+ fairly quickly. But I think Quiet was the first of the line to literally explode in price immediately after release. I think I'm one of the last guys on here to get her at retail.

I think after people started finishing the game (M 45), they fell for the Quiet charactar and made the figure so sought out for. Just two months ago before the games release, she was $70 on Amazon. It was crazy seeing her price change from $99 to $199 in just two days the week after The Phantom Pain came out.

I'm sure people simply bought out the stock of figures that were produced. Whatever the case is, Square didn't make enough Quiet figures to go around. The GZ and TPP Big Boss figures are still widely available on Ebay and elsewhere.

I had every chance to get Quiet and much as I try to convince myself, I don't think I can ever like her enough to buy her PAK.

I'd happily buy PAKs of the Mist and Armor Unit of the Skulls though. They have no personalities sure, but being mindless super-soldier zombies hits that "rule of cool" quota for me when it comes to figures.

I remember an interview a PlayArts manager said they never make more than one run of each figure, which was only broken once for FF Cloud. Which is insane to me seeing the demand of some of the figures

I had every chance to get Quiet and much as I try to convince myself, I don't think I can ever like her enough to buy her PAK.

I'd happily buy PAKs of the Mist and Armor Unit of the Skulls though. They have no personalities sure, but being mindless super-soldier zombies hits that "rule of cool" quota for me when it comes to figures.

I would love that suit you can unlock that thing looks badass

I'm thinking of caving and getting the new sneaking suit snake, even though I've seen the articulation problems. I would just be putting him an a standing pose holding his gun anyway, no crouching or side twists, so is there any other glaring problems?

I'm thinking of caving and getting the new sneaking suit snake, even though I've seen the articulation problems. I would just be putting him an a standing pose holding his gun anyway, no crouching or side twists, so is there any other glaring problems?

Yeah.

The game sucks.

Back