Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is they all look outstanding it's as if half way throught the process they just go "it'll do".

Paint wise I mean

Last edited:
Think it was Frank mentioned before the Inflames figure in passing, personally I think they are thee most underated figures. Sculpts are ok but the whole presence of the figure on a stand is damn impressive.

Finally getting close to releasing all my metal gear solid art and other collectibles. God damn a divorce for ****ing with your collectible ****.

It's surprising how the PAK headsculpts are actually pretty good, but it's just the paintwork that's so terrible.

Yeah, I think i'll go with Meryl and Liquid for MGS1 (unless I run into a good deal on a used Ninja or Snake), PW Jungle Fatigues Snake as a standalone (with weapons from Battle Dress ver,), for MGS2 I'll get both Raiden and Solidus (of course) and that will be it for PAK unless they do more MGS1/2 figures or start an MGS 3/4 line.

THB I'm not a fan of how some of these MGSV PAKs are coming out and from what I hear the game is also disappointing compared to previous numbered installments so until I play it I'll be feeling pretty iffy about MGSV and all the collectibles from that game.

Yeah, I think i'll go with Meryl and Liquid for MGS1 (unless I run into a good deal on a used Ninja or Snake), PW Jungle Fatigues Snake as a standalone (with weapons from Battle Dress ver,), for MGS2 I'll get both Raiden and Solidus (of course) and that will be it for PAK unless they do more MGS1/2 figures or start an MGS 3/4 line.

THB I'm not a fan of how some of these MGSV PAKs are coming out and from what I hear the game is also disappointing compared to previous numbered installments so until I play it I'll be feeling pretty iffy about MGSV and all the collectibles from that game.

Those are pretty much the only ones I cared enough to own. All great figures considering it's from Play Arts. I will say, the original MGSV Big Boss with the scarf is probably one of my favorites out of all the ones I own.

Got my stand decals from evilface.

47eb7f9f39cd9544d650356cbebc0e8f.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

i got my revo soviet soldier today. i must say that they put some of the most minimal half assed joints on it that i have ever seen. ill post pics in a few minutes.

Here are some pics. The joints are like the mcfarlane mgs2 kind: shoulder split swivels, right arm swivel, left arm joint, the wrists are typical swiveling/bending like any new figure, 1 waist bend, knees are single jointed, left leg is a joint while the right is a full swivel, and the neck is a diagonal joint!?!?! It doesent even twist! No ankle articulation or thigh swivels and there are only a single pair of hands. There are many weapon choices and they do give you the standard base as well as the action stand. There are 3 eye expressions: looking forward, squinting?¿?, and knocked out. Ive never seen a revo this poorly articulated, although its a very nice looking figure and the paints are excellent. Im probably going to have venom cqcing him and thatll be that.

3c8877fb0b4ce79aa4c89233eaed2238.jpg

65e83af30822484b34f58c01f35bca37.jpg

71ca9e113eaca0ab8b0577039969ab98.jpg

58ef4715a53284e7943e3dff0fbfae1b.jpg

4d9e8515f07b037f9fd3c133a00a865e.jpg

c29ffabb102912cf72774d99936f8bd7.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought and paid for one of those less than an hour ago.

Kind of wish I hadn't now, in all honesty. At least you get a load of gun parts with it... :dunno

I still don't know why the hell they even bothered... they could of done Quiet :slap

They're doing D-Horse, so maybe they aren't done yet.

I still don't know why the hell they even bothered... they could of done Quiet :slap

They're doing D-Horse, so maybe they aren't done yet.

If you're referring to those pics from Yamaguchi's Twitter that's a generic horse sculpted by Takayuki Takeya of Hot Toys Samurai Predator fame. It's going to be available in 'rusty metal' and brown. If they had any sense they'd release a grey version for people to use as D-Horse seeing as it scales well with their mini Venom Snake.

Oh god, a Revoltech styled Quiet...without squeezeable boobs :horror

I'm genuinely disappointed the Revolmini line as a whole seems to have been canned. At first I was furious about it even existing but begrudgingly bought Solid Snake anyway. Now, having a host of 4" MGS characters and a Kinnikuman who gets judiciously abused for torso swaps on my shelf, it's probably one of my favourite lines. I'm even considering getting some 1:16 model railway buildings to make some dioramas for the figures to inhabit.

TiredSecondaryIceblueredtopzebra.gif

I'm saddened by the fact that there'll likely never be a Revolmini Quiet, Ocelot, D-Dog, etc. I don't know what the problem is with the Metal Gear franchise, but nobody since McFarlane has even tried to do a comprehensive selection of characters. Years ago I wished ThreeA would get the license and deliver me an Ashley Wood-style Foxhound unit, but they seem to be a shadow of their former selves nowadays.

I blame Kojima, and the influx of Big Boss. Also some of the designs recently...pretty horrible

I'm hoping Good Smile Company steps in further, they're pretty good about this...to an extent.

I blame Kojima, and the influx of Big Boss. Also some of the designs recently...pretty horrible

I'm hoping Good Smile Company steps in further, they're pretty good about this...to an extent.

I never actually bothered picking up Figma Solid Snake after seeing the pricetag and in-hand pics of the face. Should I reconsider?

I'm genuinely disappointed the Revolmini line as a whole seems to have been canned. At first I was furious about it even existing but begrudgingly bought Solid Snake anyway. Now, having a host of 4" MGS characters and a Kinnikuman who gets judiciously abused for torso swaps on my shelf, it's probably one of my favourite lines. I'm even considering getting some 1:16 model railway buildings to make some dioramas for the figures to inhabit.

TiredSecondaryIceblueredtopzebra.gif

I'm saddened by the fact that there'll likely never be a Revolmini Quiet, Ocelot, D-Dog, etc. I don't know what the problem is with the Metal Gear franchise, but nobody since McFarlane has even tried to do a comprehensive selection of characters. Years ago I wished ThreeA would get the license and deliver me an Ashley Wood-style Foxhound unit, but they seem to be a shadow of their former selves nowadays.

^ all of this. I used to be a huge 3A fanboy. I have lots of figures from the old days, but I wouldn't trust them with a licence nowadays.

And yeah, the revolmini was the way to go, but, are there any official announcements from revoltech cancelling the line? As far as I know Revoltech and Vulcanlog are separate entities with 2 separate scales, they could still release revolminies.

If Revol continues I might even buy BB and the soviet soldier to support them. I want a full MGS1 lineup.

And vulcanlog probably won't go deep into the franchise to make an actual line...

Back