Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some updates to the MGS Master Collection--

- Will also be coming to PS4, seemingly digital only.
- Is 720p on Switch.
- MGS1 is running on emulation, looks comparable to the PS3 version.
- Some real life footage have been replaced due to the copyright holders not existing anymore.
- New voice acting is in the works to reflect their respective platforms.
- Trigger warnings at the start of each game to warn of potentially "outdated themes". (probably the glorification of smoking, sexism and voyeuristic elements in the games).
- MGS1 also comes with the Japanese Integral version.
- CODEC calls are fixed to load faster (which was an issuein the HD collection)

Apparently the PS5/XSX versions run the PS2 titles in 720p as well, due to them being direct ports of the (admittedly great for the time) Bluepoint PS360 ports. Not really good enough imo, I'd expect 1080p minimum at this point in time.

Hello! So I missed being able to purchase the Quiet figure that was released years ago. I managed to find a head and begin putting this figure together. A couple things, the tights I bought were too short, at least in the crotch, so I ended up just ripping that part open. The boots are for a male, but I don’t think they look that bad. The body I used was from a tbleague viking woman figure.
IMG_2710.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2711.jpeg
    IMG_2711.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2712.jpeg
    IMG_2712.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2713.jpeg
    IMG_2713.jpeg
  • IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2716.jpeg
    IMG_2716.jpeg
Anybody here have both the large scale versions of 3A Toy's Metal Gear Rex and Ray? If so, can you please tell me=
A.What the overall height of both Rex and Ray are [ in inches if possible ],
B.What the sizes of the display boxes for both Rex and Ray are, if you still have them [ height, width, and length, in inches if possible].Thanks!
sad metal gear solid GIF

Last edited:
Here are the old product listings on Sideshow with all of that info. The dimensions of the "Outer Box" may refer to the shipping box. If that's the case, subtract around .20 inch thickness from all of the sides to find the dimensions of the product box (it should be a close approximation, regardless).

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/mgs-rex-threea-toys-901831
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/metal-gear-solid-metal-gear-ray-threea-toys-902172
RAY comes with a figure stand and is generally taller than REX when displayed. Both figures will vary in size depending on the poses and standing positions that you have them in.

anyone know how old snake in 4 holster his rifle when not in use..on his back or hanging infront?

also anyone done mods on the medicom old snake? i cant paint but cam touch up with color pencil and weathering powders.

I never noticed, I initially assumed he just drops it and picks up a new rifle each time. He seems to hold it close to his vest so maybe like a wolf hook sling? Or like the p90 sling they use in Stargate SG-1 (Blackhawk sling I think?) I don’t know firearms very well so could be the wrong names.

That figure’s suit was so strange, inflexible and in several parts, try to pose too much and the parts unglue. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some one make a mesh suit and then attach the dark grey parts of the octocamo suit back on, giving more flexibility.

I never noticed, I initially assumed he just drops it and picks up a new rifle each time. He seems to hold it close to his vest so maybe like a wolf hook sling? Or like the p90 sling they use in Stargate SG-1 (Blackhawk sling I think?) I don’t know firearms very well so could be the wrong names.

That figure’s suit was so strange, inflexible and in several parts, try to pose too much and the parts unglue. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some one make a mesh suit and then attach the dark grey parts of the octocamo suit back on, giving more flexibility.
i saw kyekye's post on onesixth, he rooted the hair and mustache and repainted the face. i cant do those advance stuffs lol. he also cut the suit up in different sections and swapped a hot toys body in. m4 was also customized.

i am thinking how to make it so a ciggy in his mouth is an option i know some figures have that.

With the Master Collection just a few days away, what console are you guys getting it for? I think I'll get it for the Steam Deck via Steam, that way I can get the best of both worlds (portable and console play).

With the Master Collection just a few days away, what console are you guys getting it for? I think I'll get it for the Steam Deck via Steam, that way I can get the best of both worlds (portable and console play).
On the console that made metal gear famous PLAYSTATION

Probs just pick them up on sale. Don't wanna give Konami a cent. Still, better late than never in porting these games to the latest consoles; it should have been done years ago.

Probs just pick them up on sale. Don't wanna give Konami a cent. Still, better late than never in porting these games to the latest consoles; it should have been done years ago.
Yeah don’t give the ones who originally funded metal gear solid… plus this is why physical media is going away

The MGS games have always been like time-capsules - relevant only to the consoles of their respective releases. It's telling, that each game would incorporate some sort of fourth-wall, interactive console-play into the narrative, to educate players about how the current technology of the time is helping to further their gameplay compared to past titles. That said, I still think back about the change-disc section of the Psycho Mantis boss fight in MGS 1 - as it was a very thoughtful attempt of merging the real world into a virtual experience (and I doubt nuances like that would be incorporated into the Master Collection in a very relevant, or meaningful way).

I still play the games on a backward compatible PS2, and now with a CRT. Anything less, and I'd feel like I'm selling myself short. Sure, there's the storyline narrative of an MGS game, but that's only one aspect of the series, and it gets emphasized way too much in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back