Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weird part about this is, the more realistic the graphics get, the harder time I have believing that these guards can't hear this guy sneaking up behind him. Like, surely they'd hear him shuffling along the edge of a cliff.

Hi there I am new to this particular forum/thread and was looking for your opinions on what the definitive 1/6 scale Solid Snake figure that has been made based on the PS1 game Metal Gear Solid. So far I have seen a Konami Doll series. Any images or recommendations are much appreciated.

Unfortunately the only official release of MGS 1 Snake in 1/6 scale was the Konami doll figure from 1998. There's been nothing since then outside of custom figures.

The weird part about this is, the more realistic the graphics get, the harder time I have believing that these guards can't hear this guy sneaking up behind him. Like, surely they'd hear him shuffling along the edge of a cliff.

I think the improved 3D camera in Subsistence made those issue a lot more glaring, because the enemies could always be in your FOV - instead of being hidden off-screen. If "Delta" is using the Fox Engine from MGS V, the enemies should have marginally better situational awareness compared to previous titles.

Generally speaking, though, all of the guards in MGS are near-sighted and partially deaf.

I think the improved 3D camera in Subsistence made those issue a lot more glaring, because the enemies could always be in your FOV - instead of being hidden off-screen. If "Delta" is using the Fox Engine from MGS V, the enemies should have marginally better situational awareness compared to previous titles.

Generally speaking, though, all of the guards in MGS are near-sighted and partially deaf.
Maybe Snake is just... *pretty good*?

IMG_1532.jpeg

IMG_1533.jpeg

I’m very excited to see how this one turns out.

I beat Phantom Pain for the first time on Steam Deck because I was told the game was super long. I was shocked just how long it took me to beat the damn game (about 60 hours) and I cannot imagine people playing it on their home consoles back then as it's an extremely time consuming and laborious endeavor.

When they announced the Master Collection on PC I immediately pre-ordered it as I haven't played these games in a long time and wanted to have them on Steam Deck and to my horror, MGS2 and 3 didn't worked! Thankfully the community came up with some fixes that were easy to do and now all of them run nicely.

MGS1 is OKAY at best because they added an ugly bilinear filter that makes the image blurry and soft but my friends who are currently playing it don't seem to mind or notice so your tolerance may vary. IMO there are better ways to play MGS1 for sure but it's also the first time it's being released on Xbox and Nintendo.

MGS2 and 3 are the same as the HD Collection albeit with some fixes, eg the fonts have been fixed and the Codec calls loads faster than ever (something that always bugged me how slow the Codec was on my Xbox 360). Performance is a non-issue and better than ever with a rock solid 60fps at all times. I've tried the 2 MSX and NES games and they're fine while the bonus (new) music and books are great and can easily take hours of your time to read.

Overall I've seen a lot of vitriol about the collection and while I do agree it's unambitious, I think it's a decent way to play the series on modern consoles without having to dig up your old PS2/Xbox. To me playing MGS on the go in full 60fps is worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
If this is an insult it’s lame, never heard of it. So that must make you like 12
I am not the one who would buy low effort cash grab **** just because he's delusional and thinks that purchasing everything from a cashgrabber company, like Konami makes him a real fan. But hey, it's your money just don't tell other people what they should do. Go peddle your shilling elsewhete.

I beat Phantom Pain for the first time on Steam Deck because I was told the game was super long. I was shocked just how long it took me to beat the damn game (about 60 hours) and I cannot imagine people playing it on their home consoles back then as it's an extremely time consuming and laborious endeavor.

When they announced the Master Collection on PC I immediately pre-ordered it as I haven't played these games in a long time and wanted to have them on Steam Deck and to my horror, MGS2 and 3 didn't worked! Thankfully the community came up with some fixes that were easy to do and now all of them run nicely.

MGS1 is OKAY at best because they added an ugly bilinear filter that makes the image blurry and soft but my friends who are currently playing it don't seem to mind or notice so your tolerance may vary. IMO there are better ways to play MGS1 for sure but it's also the first time it's being released on Xbox and Nintendo.

MGS2 and 3 are the same as the HD Collection albeit with some fixes, eg the fonts have been fixed and the Codec calls loads faster than ever (something that always bugged me how slow the Codec was on my Xbox 360). Performance is a non-issue and better than ever with a rock solid 60fps at all times. I've tried the 2 MSX and NES games and they're fine while the bonus (new) music and books are great and can easily take hours of your time to read.

Overall I've seen a lot of vitriol about the collection and while I do agree it's unambitious, I think it's a decent way to play the series on modern consoles without having to dig up your old PS2/Xbox. To me playing MGS on the go in full 60fps is worth the price of admission.
60 hours is considered short even for fps games. nowadays if a game doesnt clock 100 it isnt worth the full price lol.

60 hours is considered short even for fps games. nowadays if a game doesnt clock 100 it isnt worth the full price lol.
I personally don't care how long a game is - as long it's all killer no filler. But I suppose, there's a limit to this that I gotta admit. A criticism I see brought up for modern triple A games is their bloated budget and scale. If that means the price of a game is gonna be "high" like $120 AU, then yeah, I would want definitely want a reasonably long game, so long as it's devoid of padding.

I remember recently playing 'Sifu' by SloClap; picked it up for $60 AU not long after its release. It's a "short" game but worth every penny with insane replayability. I guess that's why I like indie games: not as expensive as triple A games, may be short, but you can find some real gems.

I am not the one who would buy low effort cash grab **** just because he's delusional and thinks that purchasing everything from a cashgrabber company, like Konami makes him a real fan. But hey, it's your money just don't tell other people what they should do. Go peddle your shilling elsewhete.
Oh that hurt so bad 🙄

The trailer looked great but the game definitely loses something when you lose that sepia filter and as always since it's a Konami remake I'll be waiting until it releases to see if it's actually worth getting or not, very smart of them to put that trailer out while everyone is tearing the remasters apart though.

I remember a handful of people complaining about the original MGS3 filter back in the day. I’ve always liked it. I felt it gave it a vintage look.
set it optional like many games including uncharted?

or set it to be unlockable to disable once you reach big boss rank lol.

how is mgs 2 gog pc vs master vol.1 pc? i read mgs1 runs on emulation instead. i dont remember but did pc mgs2 substance in oc came with ultra high texture files like silent hill 3 pc did (that no pc back in the days can run?)

Man, they really should've given him a different pose compared to the first statue. I'll have to get that regardless. Wonder if the gun arm can be swapped out for the normal arm and high-frequency blade from the first statue.

Back