Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, both are still up on OSK with a release for late 2020. But it’s LIM we’re talking about here, so chances are pretty high that we won’t see it for another 40 years and will only be given radio silence until then.

Yeah, both are still up on OSK with a release for late 2020. But it’s LIM we’re talking about here, so chances are pretty high that we won’t see it for another 40 years and will only be given radio silence until then.
40 years lmao, you know gunslinger?, Do you know how long that took to get released comparing it from when it was up for pre-order?

40 years lmao, you know gunslinger?, Do you know how long that took to get released comparing it from when it was up for pre-order?
I think it took just under 2 years between the time it had gone up for PO and it getting into people’s hands. The second batch took over an additional year, for some reason. Both releases were plagued by delays and broken deadline promises, though to be fair, I think people were patient and companies were truly struggling since the announcement came right around the start of COVID.

So at face value, this doesn’t seem too bad at all, but LIM has had several other figures announced and made available for PO as far back as late 2018-ish that have still not released and have been provided with no updates whatsoever in months or even years.

There used to be someone affiliated with the company who would discuss with posters here and offer some great insight into the business, as well as give occasional updates on general progress, but he dipped just a couple months ago due to overall negativity (which… should be expected when the products you represent have been at a total standstill across the board), but also due to some bad apples which took and made things a bit too personal.

There are some here who still defend the company from any iota of criticism, but for every day there isn’t an update, I personally think the company is actively engaging in egregiously unacceptable business practises. Every figure company was hit hard by COVID especially since their work depends heavily on Asian factories which were restricted off and on the past few years, but unlike LIM, every other company seems to have made a full recovery since.

But again, back to the topic, the 1/6 Sinful/Guilty butterfly has been due for a meager batch renewal for 3 years now. Take of it as you will.

Last edited:
I think it took just under 2 years between the time it had gone up for PO and it getting into people’s hands. The second batch took over an additional year, for some reason. Both releases were plagued by delays and broken deadline promises, though to be fair, I think people were patient and companies were truly struggling since the announcement came right around the start of COVID.

So at face value, this doesn’t seem too bad at all, but LIM has had several other figures announced and made available for PO as far back as late 2018-ish that have still not released and have been provided with no updates whatsoever in months or even years.

There used to be someone affiliated with the company who would discuss with posters here and offer some great insight into the business, as well as give occasional updates on general progress, but he dipped just a couple months ago due to overall negativity (which… should be expected when the products you represent have been at a total standstill across the board), but also due to some bad apples which took and made things a bit too personal.

There are some here who still defend the company from any iota of criticism, but for every day there isn’t an update, I personally think the company is actively engaging in egregiously unacceptable business practises. Every figure company was hit hard by COVID especially since their work depends heavily on Asian factories which were restricted off and on the past few years, but unlike LIM, every other company seems to have made a full recovery since.

But again, back to the topic, the 1/6 Sinful/Guilty butterfly has been due for a meager batch renewal for 3 years now. Take of it as you will.
Hmmm, that's weird, I wonder if they're struggling with production or have cancelled and don't care about letting people know, yeah that's not good.

I have the hot toys snake from mgs 3 and I am wanting to change his outfit, I am wondering if his earpiece can be disconnected from his head sculpt?

So on reflection - I don't think you can remove the earpiece as it's glued in. You have to be super careful when removing the head / harness. I mean you can always glue it back on if it does disconnect as the join isn't really visible. Here is my Big Boss from a few years go re: clothing swap 👍 really should get this guy back out of storage

Attachments

• IMG_2776.png
    IMG_2776.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2777.png
    IMG_2777.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2778.png
    IMG_2778.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
So on reflection - I don't think you can remove the earpiece as it's glued in. You have to be super careful when removing the head / harness. I mean you can always glue it back on if it does disconnect as the join isn't really visible. Here is my Big Boss from a few years go re: clothing swap 👍 really should get this guy back out of storage
damn that looks really good, did you dress over the camo over the sneaking suit? also those sleeves and kneepad, where did you get them? I was able to get the earpiece out with out any issue, it's glued in? I think it is just a plug in situation.

Ah nice one, I was too hesitant to take mine out then 😅 Nah, I destroyed that sneaking suit as it eventually disintegrated, plus this is more of an iconic look for Snake. As for there other bits, yeah kneepad was from a spare 'The Boss' figure I had, just added some internal padding around the knee to stretch it out a bit.

As for the sleeves, I found some fabric that stretched and was a close match for the underneath wetsuit. To get the raised effect around the forearms, I just used some heat shrink around the arm, and slid the sleeve / fabric over. Looking back now, I think I want to update this body as the TTM19 that I used is a bit limited in articulation. Need that double elbow for some classic poses.

Ah nice one, I was too hesitant to take mine out then 😅 Nah, I destroyed that sneaking suit as it eventually disintegrated, plus this is more of an iconic look for Snake. As for there other bits, yeah kneepad was from a spare 'The Boss' figure I had, just added some internal padding around the knee to stretch it out a bit.

As for the sleeves, I found some fabric that stretched and was a close match for the underneath wetsuit. To get the raised effect around the forearms, I just used some heat shrink around the arm, and slid the sleeve / fabric over. Looking back now, I think I want to update this body as the TTM19 that I used is a bit limited in articulation. Need that double elbow for some classic poses.
Oh right, when you say "destroyed" do you mean you cut that bit out and put that chest piece onto another body? Also I was thinking of dressing the camo clothing over the sneaking suit.

Yeah that's exactly it, basically the underneath suit is only the top of the chest If I remember, I think it's a separate piece. Just tucked that under the camo

EDIT: I tell a lie, looking back at pictures, it's a full piece and that is what is sitting underneath the camo (it's been a few years 😅)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 15.14.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 15.14.20.png
    879.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 15.15.47.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-17 at 15.15.47.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yeah that's exactly it, basically the underneath suit is only the top of the chest If I remember, I think it's a separate piece. Just tucked that under the camo

EDIT: I tell a lie, looking back at pictures, it's a full piece and that is what is sitting underneath the camo (it's been a few years 😅)
Oh, so you did you remove that whole vest thing? Also did you cut the sides?

Yeah now that I remember, he's basically wearing a swimming leotard under the camo. As for the sides, I think I cut the string that holds it together but it's not really needed once it's under the camo.
oh right, I was thinking of putting the camo over the sneaking suit, would that work?

I found fishing lures that could be used as accessories for my MG raiden figure :ROFLMAO:
Grabbed some copper and silver wire and made them into those glowing spine thingies w/c glows wonderfully when exposed to UV light
XD
361909169_604987678444564_4334104518724466515_n.jpg

Attachments

• 361904240_604987745111224_3567723898474679922_n.jpg
    361904240_604987745111224_3567723898474679922_n.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 361845331_604987648444567_6317394900427027393_n.jpg
    361845331_604987648444567_6317394900427027393_n.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 360033950_6509793315735545_8551038218382031483_n.mp4
    1.9 MB
I will pay good money for you to make me one :ROFLMAO:
It's easy. I'd make you one for free but i live in a very far place :ROFLMAO:
Ya just need some glow in the dark fishing lures and lay them out in an S patterned copper+silver crafting wires then viola XD

Attachments

• 361960132_604987785111220_2595103068899583015_n.jpg
    361960132_604987785111220_2595103068899583015_n.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 0
Back