Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solid's design fluctuates in just about every piece of media he is in, funnily enough the most popular seems to be the model from Smash Bros which I think the Zii figure used as reference and inspiration, I think the best and truly game accurate Solid I've seen has to be the Scaletta one, the one thing most people seem to forget is he had a really long mullet in Sons of Liberty and I think people go with the shorter one for articulation, in any case I think the Zii figure is a really good offering aside from the price, it's great to see more MGS figures finally being made.

The never completed MC statue is about as perfect a representation of MGS Snake I have seen, I don't care about anything that came after so I have no dog in those fights

uHQMA2b.jpg

The never completed MC statue is about as perfect a representation of MGS Snake I have seen, I don't care about anything that came after so I have no dog in those fights

uHQMA2b.jpg
Something's not right about that knee-pad (and elbow pad). What year was this announced?

Something's not right about that knee-pad (and elbow pad). What year was this announced?
I have no idea, but you are right. The kneepads are in fact wrong. Check it out the F4F snake for instance.

Attachments

• solid-snake_metal-gear-solid_gallery_5c4d16acb2553.jpg
    solid-snake_metal-gear-solid_gallery_5c4d16acb2553.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 37
BTW guys, I'm sculpting a Naked Snake statue to put on my portfolio, but I'm still unsure about the base/pose. I'm thinking about the CQC pose (Knife+gun) but I'm not so sure it will work well with the base I made. Can you guys give me any suggestions about it?

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 43
I have no idea, but you are right. The kneepads are in fact wrong. Check it out the F4F snake for instance.
Maybe the color could be tweaked but the size looks better on the MC. I always found the kneepads on the F4F to be cartoonishly big, not everything has to emulate the playarts kai look. The MC was just a render too, its not like it was ever actually made it to production paint anyway

Maybe the color could be tweaked but the size looks better on the MC. I always found the kneepads on the F4F to be cartoonishly big, not everything has to emulate the playarts kai look. The MC was just a render too, its not like it was ever actually made it to production paint anyway
not trying to debate over something we never had clear picture of... If that MC studio statue looks perfect to you, then I'm happy for you.
metalgearsolidess_610.jpg

Hey @R_R_X , is Raiden or Gray Fox something you guys have might consider? I know Raiden’s had a couple of figures but they’ve usually had hindered articulation.

Is that mgs2 snake on preorder already ??

On topic
Since I couldn't find a sculpt or contact frank Jaeger to get one, I just went with one of those recast sculpt from the punisher war machine ver. I think it will work... At least for now

I already have the body and I'm only waiting for the yamato doll

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_153345.jpg
    IMG_20211122_153345.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20211122_153246.jpg
    IMG_20211122_153246.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20211122_153209.jpg
    IMG_20211122_153209.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 40
I always think that it's strange Solid's most commonly seen appearance in merchandise is the one from Sons of Liberty, which isn't his story. I'm hoping that Snake from MGS1 will have some sort of 1/6 representation, it wouldn't take any more than including a vest, headsculpt, and knee/elbow pads with an mgs2 Snake so I'm holding out hope. MGS1 is always going to be my favorite in the series, I love the atmosphere. Very excited to see what LIM has to offer in the way of Snake

I always think that it's strange Solid's most commonly seen appearance in merchandise is the one from Sons of Liberty, which isn't his story. I'm hoping that Snake from MGS1 will have some sort of 1/6 representation, it wouldn't take any more than including a vest, headsculpt, and knee/elbow pads with an mgs2 Snake so I'm holding out hope. MGS1 is always going to be my favorite in the series, I love the atmosphere. Very excited to see what LIM has to offer in the way of Snake
Canonically speaking, the suit from MGS 2 is just a stripped down version of the suit MGS 1. If I recall correctly, Kojima wanted Snake to look "poor", as if he was reusing his equipment and lacked the updated gear from Foxhound. I'd love either figure, with a preference to MGS 2 Snake because of his more grizzled appearance and longer mullet.

Canonically speaking, the suit from MGS 2 is just a stripped down version of the suit MGS 1. If I recall correctly, Kojima wanted Snake to look "poor", as if he was reusing his equipment and lacked the updated gear from Foxhound. I'd love either figure, with a preference to MGS 2 Snake because of his more grizzled appearance and longer mullet.
Ooh that is very cool. I go back and forth in my head as to whether or not you could make a figure of mgs2 Snake that could double as mgs1 Snake with the right accessories. While the render for Smash Ultimate shows Snake’s outfit as being the light grey with a hint of blue like Snake’s Shadow Moses outfit was, the lighting in Sons of Liberty makes it look more teal, which I imagine is what most collectors would want it to look like. On top of that, the Tanker incident costume is skin tight, while most depictions of the Shadow Moses incident costume show it as being baggy, with weird blocky sections on the forearms. Anyways, any Snake is better than none, but I think it’s a fun discussion. In a perfect world I would want both, so whichever gets made first doesn’t ultimately matter much to me

Back