Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree, actually that was the same thing I was b!t@#n about years ago when MGS3 was announced, the "Solid" part of the title. It always bugged me that the brand "Metal Gear" became "Metal Gear SOLID", since. For me the "Solid" part was associated for Solid Snake's saga starting from MGS1, and then the Big Boss saga should have stayed as Metal Gear alone.
Like...
Metal Gear Portable Ops
or
Metal Gear Peace Walker
or
Metal Gear Snake Eater.

Without the "Solid" looks more like a prequel to me

The 'Solid' is in reference to the transition to 3D graphics, not Solid Snake.

I think synysterfox misunderstood what I was referring to. "Metal Gear Solid REX" isn't the name for REX. But, for some odd reason, people still refer to it as that. It pisses me off :lol.

I think synysterfox misunderstood what I was referring to. "Metal Gear Solid REX" isn't the name for REX. But, for some odd reason, people still refer to it as that. It pisses me off :lol.

Maybe people aren't saying Metal Gear Solid REX like that's it's name, and are instead essentially saying "REX from Metal Gear Solid".

I'm Hoping After PlayArts are done with MGS 2 Raiden i hope they go with MGS 4 Old Snake .. there hasn't been a Decent figure of him "Medicom one is old now"
I still love the medicom Old Snake in that "ready" pose, very badass!

Yep, and then move on. I can't see anything worth doing besides MGS2 Solid Snake.

This is needed, i just hope they give him a new face sculpt. MGS1 and liquids faces suck *** imo :S

I would love to have a FROG soldier :3

OldSnake, Raiden and a Frog.
Perfecto!

I still love the medicom Old Snake in that "ready" pose, very badass!

This is needed, i just hope they give him a new face sculpt. MGS1 and liquids faces suck *** imo :S

OldSnake, Raiden and a Frog.
Perfecto!

I doubt PAK would retcon the face at this point. Were lucky we even see that version of Snake at this point. MGS2 Snake is the only other figure they would do of MGS2 IMO. Vamp isn't interesting enough to do, Fortune would be good only for the Railgun and Fatman is too stupid looking.

Although I would like a MGS4 Vamp.

well never say never, they seem to be choosing characters randomly now. I think they're all possible now. I think Phyco Mantis is defo a possibilty

They'll have to (i reeeaaaaly hope!) make a new sculpt for Snake anyway, my thinking is that each game will have a new sculpt. Look at the difference between MGS1 Snake and PeaceWalker snake.

Zr, they aren't even the same person. Not sure what you mean.

Sent from the Shell by codec.

From a physical appearance standpoint, they are the same person. One is just older than the other and has a beard.

MGS2 Snake resembles MGS3 and PW Snake a lot more than he does MGS1 Snake. So I would definitely expect a new face sculpt for MGS2 Snake.

why why why why why why why would they make Liquid in his trenchcoat with one sleeve rolled up? It looks terrible!!!!!!! They should've gone soft-goods IMO, or at least gone all the way with the trenchcoat look. If they wanted to make extra money they could do a coatless variant. Argh!

From a physical appearance standpoint, they are the same person. One is just older than the other and has a beard.

MGS2 Snake resembles MGS3 and PW Snake a lot more than he does MGS1 Snake. So I would definitely expect a new face sculpt for MGS2 Snake.

yup, at least for the most part. Im just being hopeful. Do square not know how ugly they made him??

why why why why why why why would they make Liquid in his trenchcoat with one sleeve rolled up? It looks terrible!!!!!!! They should've gone soft-goods IMO, or at least gone all the way with the trenchcoat look. If they wanted to make extra money they could do a coatless variant. Argh!

that was pretty dumb, they gotta stop retconning the characters looks!
I was hoping liquid would have interchangeable arms and the jacket was removable... oh well.

also why has he got a pouch? stop adding pouches Square!

My growing PAK army.

004-5.jpg

010-3.jpg

012-3.jpg

016.jpg

024.jpg

This is my usual setup next to REX.
026.jpg

And my shelf.
027.jpg

McFarlane stuff with Koto REX and McFarlane RAY.
013-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

3 Cyborg Ninjas! grrrreeeeeeeeeeeed!

I wanted one of thoes, i went on ebay and closed the page as soon as i saw the price and curled into a ball sucking my thumb. Wish i hadnt missed the boat on it! Hopefuly they will do an MGS2 Version

3 Cyborg Ninjas! grrrreeeeeeeeeeeed!

I wanted one of thoes, i went on ebay and closed the page as soon as i saw the price and curled into a ball sucking my thumb. Wish i hadnt missed the boat on it! Hopefuly they will do an MGS2 Version

It was my plan at the beginning when both variants would be released and one would have the open mask head so I decided to go for three.

I completely forgot about Cyborg Olga, I would definitely grab that.

Back