Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah where th did that come from? Can't believe I missed an MGS2 snake announcement.. its not bad.

Yeh I am now debating with myself whether I stick to MGS on the PlayStation or do I take advantage of playing anywhere with the Switch.

So my Zii.PROductions ‘Metal Legend’ arrived today. Whilst it certainly has a few flaws in terms of sculpt / proportions / suit texture. But It’s actually pretty decent as third party go. Definitely hits the mark if you want a representation of MGS2 Snake. Shame I paid the aftermarket price but to be honest, serves me right as I usually go for MGS goods straight away but snoozed due to it looking like Snake from Wish. But yeah, if you’re on the fence, go for it. Definitely feels like it’s closer to this render than game.

Attachments

• IMG_1175.png
    IMG_1175.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 0
So my Zii.PROductions ‘Metal Legend’ arrived today. Whilst it certainly has a few flaws in terms of sculpt / proportions / suit texture. But It’s actually pretty decent as third party go. Definitely hits the mark if you want a representation of MGS2 Snake. Shame I paid the aftermarket price but to be honest, serves me right as I usually go for MGS goods straight away but snoozed due to it looking like Snake from Wish. But yeah, if you’re on the fence, go for it. Definitely feels like it’s closer to this render than game.

Any photos?

Got mine in earlier from eBay and took a quick look.

It’s alright! I think the choice of materials used is good, and the accessories seem painted well and overall pretty decent. The quality of the body and joints actually seem great. I’m not a huge fan of the sculpt and the unsurprisingly overall lack of articulation. Apologies in advance for the awful photos.

He is limited to about 90 degree angles in the elbows and knees. You can actually rotate the shoulders up to a T pose and the arms can be pointed pretty far forward. I wasn’t able to quickly and confidently detach the hands from the wrist joints because of how snug they are so I don’t have any photos of him holding the weapons from my quick photoshoot, but they held their own when I was pulling them off and on in futile attempts to get the joint out of the clenched fist it shipped with.

He stands on his own two feet very easily—the ankle joints are strong. Mine unfortunately came with the left forearm facing backwards and it took a minute to find where the actual articulation point was. It’s difficult to move the arm back into the correct position when the rubbery fabric of the suit and thickness of the elbow guards prevents articulation to begin with.
IMG_6976.jpeg

Back of the figure. The bandana is a sculpted piece on a little peg that can be removed from the back or swiveled around. Note the split cut boots; ankle articulation is fine, at best. You can also see here how the elbow pad on the left arm is kind of out of place because I was trying to twist the arm around from underneath.
IMG_6978.jpeg

Articulation of the legs is only limited by these little buckles directly under his rear. There’s not a lot of give on the buckles themselves so when the straps get stretched at all when moving around his thighs, they pop out pretty easily and you have to return the leg(s) to a less extreme position to be able to refasten them. Despite their limiting some of the articulation, the actually quality doesn’t seem much worse than DAM’s military stuff, which I think is considered the best.
IMG_6979.jpeg

Again, the bandana just pops out and the poncho easily slips over the head. A little tall because all that hair underneath, but looks neat.
IMG_6981.jpeg

Got mine in earlier from eBay and took a quick look.

It’s alright! I think the choice of materials used is good, and the accessories seem painted well and overall pretty decent. The quality of the body and joints actually seem great. I’m not a huge fan of the sculpt and the unsurprisingly overall lack of articulation. Apologies in advance for the awful photos.

He is limited to about 90 degree angles in the elbows and knees. You can actually rotate the shoulders up to a T pose and the arms can be pointed pretty far forward. I wasn’t able to quickly and confidently detach the hands from the wrist joints because of how snug they are so I don’t have any photos of him holding the weapons from my quick photoshoot, but they held their own when I was pulling them off and on in futile attempts to get the joint out of the clenched fist it shipped with.

He stands on his own two feet very easily—the ankle joints are strong. Mine unfortunately came with the left forearm facing backwards and it took a minute to find where the actual articulation point was. It’s difficult to move the arm back into the correct position when the rubbery fabric of the suit and thickness of the elbow guards prevents articulation to begin with.
View attachment 647238
Back of the figure. The bandana is a sculpted piece on a little peg that can be removed from the back or swiveled around. Note the split cut boots; ankle articulation is fine, at best. You can also see here how the elbow pad on the left arm is kind of out of place because I was trying to twist the arm around from underneath.
View attachment 647240
Articulation of the legs is only limited by these little buckles directly under his rear. There’s not a lot of give on the buckles themselves so when the straps get stretched at all when moving around his thighs, they pop out pretty easily and you have to return the leg(s) to a less extreme position to be able to refasten them. Despite their limiting some of the articulation, the actually quality doesn’t seem much worse than DAM’s military stuff, which I think is considered the best.
View attachment 647241
Again, the bandana just pops out and the poncho easily slips over the head. A little tall because all that hair underneath, but looks neat.
View attachment 647242
from where are you getting the figure guys ??

Im tempted

Received my zii snake today.

If you’re looking for a reliable seller from eBay to purchase this from, I recommend yjym-50, who I purchased mine from, it was extremely well packaged and arrived fast.

I really Like the figure over all and I’m happy to have a solid snake in my collection. My only real issue is the knee and elbow pads are a rubber material, and the black and silver paint that emulates the nylon strapping on them just rubs off quite easily due to the paint not adhering to the rubber, so if you’re posing the figure you can rub off the paint. I’m going to strip them all and repaint them. Pick a pose and call it done. I do wonder how long the material on the knee and elbow pads will last before it breaks down ha.

The body suit seems quite durable, the head is great, the rotatable bandana is nice.

The weapons aren’t on the same level or quality as damtoys/hot toys/did etc. they’re okay, and very accrurate in their details, especially the M9 tranq, which I love, but the quality isn’t great, mine are bent and the silencers don’t really point straight etc. but they’re okay. I’d like to pick up a dam toys M9 and port over the laser and silencer from the zii version. I already have a damtoys H&K MK.23 so I will use that in the place of the zii version.

The hands are great, very durable. Nice selection too.

The webbing on the suit could be better, again, it feels a bit cheap and tatty compared to damtoys and other brands.

As I say overall I’m happy to have it, and you can actually tell that this has been made by a fan of the game and snake, due to the details on the weapons, the zip line device, the poncho etc. (still not sure why they chose that body suit texture!!!)

Back