Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. Personally, all I care about is a release date. Glad you guys are doing the MGS 1 and MGS 2 Snake figures, regardless.

Been meaning to ask, are there any plans for other characters as well? Would love Liquid and Raiden to go along-side the Snakes.
The current state of the pandemic in China is really making things difficult for the team we just hope we can get back to it soon.

We mostly want to focus on the Snakes but we do plan on doing some side characters.

A tease for you guys, still WIP.
66.jpg

That tease looks awesome! Love the poofy hair and the large bandana. The sculpt reminds me of Snake's codec profile from MGS 1. Nice progress...

And yeah, no worries - hope you guys continue to stay safe. Great to hear that you're considering more characters, too.

Been wondering, in what order of games do you guys prioritize collecting? For me:

1. MGS 2
2. MGS 1
3. MG Rising
4. MGS 3
5. MGS 4/PW/TPP

I think MGS 1 and 2 have always been my top games in the series for collectibles, because I grew up with them. There's also so much released in terms of Konami Store exclusives, and promotional material, it's quite exhausting (even years later, and I'm still not finished!). I don't really collect much for MGS 4, PW, and TPP, but I've still found myself with some rather limited items for those games. MGS 4 and Peace Walker are always going to have a special place in my memories, because I had several rare opportunities to meet Kojima during the respected launches, and had him sign some stuff for me in person.

I want in on this haha

1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Metal Gear Solid 3
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Metal Gear Solid 2
5. Metal Gear Solid PW
6. Metal Gear Solid V

I completely love MGS1 and MGS3, and I really enjoy 4 and 2. So these are the 4 games I would want Snakes from. The idea of a 2022 Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Big Boss, The Boss, Eva, Old Snake, and Cyborg Raiden sound awesome! I'd get them all!

That tease looks awesome! Love the poofy hair and the large bandana. The sculpt reminds me of Snake's codec profile from MGS 1. Nice progress...

And yeah, no worries - hope you guys continue to stay safe. Great to hear that you're considering more characters, too.
That's what we're going for, a more classic reimagination but not too realistic, his face structure is very important.

That's what we're going for, a more classic reimagination but not too realistic, his face structure is very important.

I imagine these figures from old MGS games leave a lot of room for interpretation compared to MSGV's Snake which looks right out of the game. I'm really looking forward to seeing these figures.

Just got my Limtoys Fulton balloon in, am I the only one who's got a round rod for the hexagonal connector on the base?

Attachments

• IMG_3569.png
    IMG_3569.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
That’s how mine came, should still squeeze in.
I wasn’t impressed with this compared the the Venom figure; the straps came unglued, the string from the balloon was different lengths so they drooped when attached. I’d heard that LIM were going back to fix the rest before sending out anymore.

Yes the Fulton Balloon has been the most difficult thing we've had to deal with by far, it was put up for PO before I was even part of the team and they were already facing problems then, the factory producing these has been the thorn in our side for too long, most of our issues have been directly because of them and sadly we're still dealing with them on our previously announced products, doing our best to fix the molds and other mistakes they've made, the diorama was briefly released since we figured there was not much else we could do, plus it didn't sell very well but we were faced with immediate backlash and now we're trying to see if we can fix anything but I honestly don't know man, thinking about having to deal with this factory just gives me and the rest of the team a massive headache and our priority is releasing the rest of the figures that have been on PO for years, with the quality and detail you guys deserve, only then will we finally be able to move on from them.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what you guys develop with the improvements in manufacturing you mentioned before.

Can't wait to see what you guys develop with the improvements in manufacturing you mentioned before.
Our Leon figure is the best example, everything was produced in the new factory we mentioned except the sculpts which we always do ourselves, not only is the quality of the cast way better, the materials are stronger and they're produced FAST.

Our Leon figure is the best example, everything was produced in the new factory we mentioned except the sculpts which we always do ourselves, not only is the quality of the cast way better, the materials are stronger and they're produced FAST.
Leon is definitely a big improvement over Venom, which was already amazing. The quality is crazy good and it took less time than expected. It feels way more solid than Venom, I wasn't afraid to break it.
This line will go down in history if you keep on delivering like this. I'd stopped collecting the 1/12 format but I only continue for you guys because there's just too much passion put in those figs, I can tell. Can't wait for The last of us figs, and of course, Solid Snake.
As for the balloon, I'm expecting to receive mine soon. I thought you had let it go. Good news about the change of factory. I won't be too harsh is the balloon has a default, you delivered way more than expected on your figures so far. Except for the huge delays, but hey, you're still doing better than Mezco in this field hahaha

Leon is definitely a big improvement over Venom, which was already amazing. The quality is crazy good and it took less time than expected. It feels way more solid than Venom, I wasn't afraid to break it.
This line will go down in history if you keep on delivering like this. I'd stopped collecting the 1/12 format but I only continue for you guys because there's just too much passion put in those figs, I can tell. Can't wait for The last of us figs, and of course, Solid Snake.
As for the balloon, I'm expecting to receive mine soon. I thought you had let it go. Good news about the change of factory. I won't be too harsh is the balloon has a default, you delivered way more than expected on your figures so far. Except for the huge delays, but hey, you're still doing better than Mezco in this field hahaha
Thank you so much for the support, it's always gratifying when I see people loving our work, we're really just fans making these for fans and there's a lot of passion involved, I'm proud of what we've managed to achieve with our most recent figures despite the setbacks of the old factory, the pandemic and other hurdles, we will keep doing our best on these and improving as we gain more expirience and start working with better factories.

Speaking of wrist pegs, really wish the 1/12 Leon had included a spare set. Changing out his hands is a bit stressful with the single pair.
Might be something to consider with future releases?
Yes we wil change back to the standard pegs for future releases, we used these pegs because they allow for more dynamic range and there's less chances of them breaking but unfortunately there's too many people having issues with them coming apart so we're getting rid of them.

Back