Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for Hot Toys Naked Snake if anyone has him in good condition
The figure is old I would advise not buying him for really high prices if you need him this bad, even if the seller has it in the box there's a very, very strong chance his suit will start to crack and fall apart as soon as start messing with the figure.

The figure is old I would advise not buying him for really high prices if you need him this bad, even if the seller has it in the box there's a very, very strong chance his suit will start to crack and fall apart as soon as start messing with the figure.
Found him for 275 euros in perfect condition from France. When my payday arrived, I visited the site again and he was sold out. In just 2 days. I know about the suit cracking,but I really want him and I'll probably just leave him on the self standing, holding his gun and never change his pose again. Or I might buy the Medicom one as well and try making a custom with camo outfit. Don't know if he is worth 400 euros however.

It's amazing the stuff that grabs attention, I had no interest in this figure and just like that with some images of the grapple, I'm freaking out trying to find a pre order. Anyone else like random accessories like that ?

For everyone that has asked, yes Solid is still in development, the reason we're taking so long is because we're trying to find the best materials to recreate the suit and not only make it look good but also have it be able to pose without any risk of creasing and deterioration, longevity is extremely important to us and we don't want to just settle for the Hot Toys Spider-Man suit material, keep in mind his suit isn't just a skin tight leotard, it's baggy in some areas and tight in others with some components placed under it to give shape, it's a design that needs a lot of R&D if we want to get it right.

For everyone that has asked, yes Solid is still in development, the reason we're taking so long is because we're trying to find the best materials to recreate the suit and not only make it look good but also have it be able to pose without any risk of creasing and deterioration, longevity is extremely important to us and we don't want to just settle for the Hot Toys Spider-Man suit material, keep in mind his suit isn't just a skin tight leotard, it's baggy in some areas and tight in others with some components placed under it to give shape, it's a design that needs a lot of R&D if we want to get it right.
What about a camo Naked Snake in the mean time? 😌

How long are you willing to wait to find the best material? For example, if you can't find anything in the next six months, are you just not going to do the figure, or will you settle for something that will be a good substitute?

Is solid MGS1or MGS2?
Are you talking about both?

Also can you please answer about how much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Please and thank you.

So, thing about MGS1 is the suit is pretty similar to MGS, but MGS2's is more turquoise and tight to the body, while MGS1 is more powder blue and NOT skin tight. For Spiderman like I'm assuming you mean like the negative suit and scarlet spider suit material, yes? Is it really not that durable in your experience? HAve you thought about using a material similar to hose old basketball shorts they used to make in the 90s, not sure what it's called, but it was some kinda poly blend.

So, thing about MGS1 is the suit is pretty similar to MGS, but MGS2's is more turquoise and tight to the body, while MGS1 is more powder blue and NOT skin tight. For Spiderman like I'm assuming you mean like the negative suit and scarlet spider suit material, yes? Is it really not that durable in your experience? HAve you thought about using a material similar to hose old basketball shorts they used to make in the 90s, not sure what it's called, but it was some kinda poly blend.
The spiderman suit material is good and durable than most of the other stuff but it's a matter of time until it starts deteriorating as well, the reason Hot Toys uses it and not other materials is because it's basically similar to pleather in the way it's basically a material that's printed onto fabric and it allows for better posability and easy tailoring.
We are looking into those type of materials yes.

And this is why you at LIM Toys are one of my favorite 1/6 scale companies. most companies go for a good looking figure and not care at all about articulation and longevity *coughhottoyscough* when as a figure collector I put good looks, articulation and longevity all tied with how important they are, otherwise if I just wanted looks and nothing else I’d buy statues (which is weird to say because I am also a statue collector and I love my Prime 1 1/3 scale statues more than 99% of anything else I own so I’m not sure if I just insulted myself or not lol).
Anyway, take as long as you need to make it perfect! Your MGSV Quiet and Snake are some of my favorite figures to pose outside so I eagerly await more from this line and any other figures you have planned :)

And this is why you at LIM Toys are one of my favorite 1/6 scale companies. most companies go for a good looking figure and not care at all about articulation and longevity *coughhottoyscough* when as a figure collector I put good looks, articulation and longevity all tied with how important they are, otherwise if I just wanted looks and nothing else I’d buy statues (which is weird to say because I am also a statue collector and I love my Prime 1 1/3 scale statues more than 99% of anything else I own so I’m not sure if I just insulted myself or not lol).
Anyway, take as long as you need to make it perfect! Your MGSV Quiet and Snake are some of my favorite figures to pose outside so I eagerly await more from this line and any other figures you have planned :)
Thank you for the extremely kind words, I wouldn't put us above anyone in the business, our figures are niche and we do take our sweet time but we are fans and passionate about our products and I'm happy it comes across to those that get them, I love Solid he's probably tied with John Marston as my favorite and most impactful video game protagonist and he's also our most requested figure, getting him right is extremely important even if we're satisifed with a proto we're always worried about what the public reaction will be because we know you're all fans just like us I just hope we make the majority happy when the time comes.

The spiderman suit material is good and durable than most of the other stuff but it's a matter of time until it starts deteriorating as well, the reason Hot Toys uses it and not other materials is because it's basically similar to pleather in the way it's basically a material that's printed onto fabric and it allows for better posability and easy tailoring.
yeesh, making me antsy about my spidermen, wish a company would put out replacement suits with how crappy hot toys is with their durability long term.

I'm curious as to what you're gonna do with snake, MGS1 and MGS2 are very similar suits by design maybe there's a way to play an inbetween look where teh vest/webgear is enoguh to make it work. I'd probably only pick up Liquid anf Grey Fox, but that's just me.

I've all but sworn off on any figure that has the printed rubbery suits unless having a figure in a very neutral museum pose is worth the money. The detail can be nice, but that stuff is volatile and there is no chance it will last long term. Anywhere it touches itself, like in a bent arm or leg, if left that way it will start to melt to itself. Its like the button cell lighting, its there for the sake of a quick pose and some photography, but you can't leave it that way. At some point you have to question if its worth having at all. Moveable joints and fabric are all I am spending these big bucks on anymore, I don't have the time to repose everything monthly

My t'chaka suit is permanently discolored and deformed where the arm was bent, meanwhile my Maria Hill has had crossed arms for more than half a decade and there's nothing at all wrong other than some wrinkles in the fabric that aren't permanent

0Ryku23.jpg

Back