Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I love Shinkawa's style but I am an MGS fan first. I really enjoyed Death Stranding though, but not so much to get merch as well. MGS was my greatest love, alongside FFVII. If I can get a high quality Solid Snake, then I'm gold. :) I planned the same for my FFVII collection with Gametoys. Sephiroth already arrived and in it's place. Cloud just arrived to my country. And Zack is pre-ordered. This is a good year so far. :)

Oddly enough, the art was the one thing about Death Stranding that I really liked (couldn't really care less about the storyline). And like you, I grew up with both MGS and FF7 7, but I never got around to collecting for Final Fantasy, as MGS was already such a huge money pit over the years. Those Gametoys figures look fantastic, though.

i found this coat on kghobby today.
it's reaaally expensive for what it is, but is almost identical to the coat snake used when he went in europe in mgs4
View attachment 559163View attachment 559164

Thinking back, it would've been nice to have a plain 1/6 head for Old Snake/Young Snake back when there were commissions here, to complement that look.

Last edited:
Figurama announced something interesting today @ Wonder Fest 2022.

Screenshot_20220206-085348.png

Full announcement

💥
💥
DIOCUBE REVEAL - METAL GEAR SOLID: PSYCHO MANTIS VS SNAKE
💥
💥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are excited to introduce our newest product, the Diocube! Its unique isometric view showcases a moment frozen in time from Metal Gear Solid’s iconic Psycho Mantis boss fight. Cute chibi versions of the characters are encased in a detailed diorama in the shape of an open-ended cube. Collectors can now enjoy lining up these individual “rooms” to create their own personal collage of different worlds!
Source : www.facebook.com/figurama1
m1.jpeg

I'll most likely get this as I already have the Chibi MGS Nendo figures (minus the Venom Snake one).

Yeah, they're a bunch of finance fine fellows who are speculating the retro gaming market. It's a huge scam. Remember the news of the Mario 64 game that surpassed 1.56 million dollars a few years ago? WATA Games, together with Heritage Auctions was behind that entire thing.

Heritage Auctions and Wata Games Accused of Running Retro Scam

Recently, it seems that they've even driven up the price for sealed copies of MGS 1 (NTSC-1). So now, a sealed U.S. MGS 1 costs more than a sealed, gold Shareholder Premium Package :lol. In no way does that make sense. And a sealed copy of MGS 2 (NTSC-1) is now significantly more than a even sealed Shareholder copy of MGS 2. In addition, that auction for MGS 2 that I listed has 52 watchers. That absolutely doesn't happen with MGS 2. Something fishy is going on there.

Maybe I'm extremely late on the discovery. Had this thing since release, maybe I got a ****** 3A Metal Gear Ray, or perhaps it's just due to cheap plastic and time... both inner mechanisms for its "Arms/Wings/Whatever" completely shattered. That's with pushing the button to collapse them. So be warned if you own this, it's like gluing porcelain back together.

Attachments

• 20220207_114019.jpg
    20220207_114019.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 64
Maybe I'm extremely late on the discovery. Had this thing since release, maybe I got a ****** 3A Metal Gear Ray, or perhaps it's just due to cheap plastic and time... both inner mechanisms for its "Arms/Wings/Whatever" completely shattered. That's with pushing the button to collapse them. So be warned if you own this, it's like gluing porcelain back together.
Gold plastic syndrome is a *****.

Was it the first time you pressed the button? Kind of crazy that it just shattered like that... maybe the joints were broken out of the box. Really sucks about your figure, man.

I haven't had any major hickups with my REX and RAY, aside from them being difficult to pose. But, I'm definitely going to be extra careful with them now.

Was it the first time you pressed the button? Kind of crazy that it just shattered like that... maybe the joints were broken out of the box. Really sucks about your figure, man.

I haven't had any major hickups with my REX and RAY, aside from them being difficult to pose. But, I'm definitely going to be extra careful with them now.
It looks like a classic case of gold plastic syndrome to me, definitely be careful with yours.

The whole thing at every gold plastic part is cracking, I haven't moved it in years and just experienced the disaster yesterday when I was going to box it up. Both legs at the gold parts are cracked too. This thing is a nightmare, y'all are gonna find out eventually. All the green plastic is fine, the gold plastic is just super brittle and clearly a bad choice in its construction. Half scale Ray atleast doesn't have ****** gold plastic from what I can tell, just the 1/48...

The whole thing at every gold plastic part is cracking, I haven't moved it in years and just experienced the disaster yesterday when I was going to box it up. Both legs at the gold parts are cracked too. This thing is a nightmare, y'all are gonna find out eventually. All the green plastic is fine, the gold plastic is just super brittle and clearly a bad choice in its construction. Half scale Ray atleast doesn't have ****** gold plastic from what I can tell, just the 1/48...
Gold plastic was like that for many, many years, almost every figure with gold plastic which wasn't made in the past few years will experience Gold Plastic Syndrome, it absolutely sucks but there's nothing you can do about it, some figures will just crumble in the box by themselves and nobody really knows why, the best explanation I've seen is the plastic and coloring are so poorly bonded that the structure is compromised with air gaps, making the whole gold part of your figure fall apart when you apply even the slightest pressure to it.

Yeah, and the parts in question are either spring tension points or retain the ratcheted parts. SOL on this one... eventually I'll try and fix it someday, but I think it's a lost cause overall.

Back