Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, okay. It's cool that you're doing something that you like.

As for Big Boss, I've always been more interested in his old man look from the MGS 1 artwork. Would be nice to make a custom with that some day.

Btw, did any of you guys catch the prices of ThreeA's old Metal Gear REX figure on Ebay? The lowest I saw for the retail version was $1,200, and the Bambaland exclusive is much more. I used to hate the quality-control on this thing. But, I've grown to appreciate it a lot more over the years.

Is Scaletta a reliable 1/6 scale figure manufacturer? How's the quality on their previous offerings?

Just trying to gauge whether it's closer to Damtoys/Soosoo/ToysEra......or StarAce!

Btw, did any of you guys catch the prices of ThreeA's old Metal Gear REX figure on Ebay? The lowest I saw for the retail version was $1,200, and the Bambaland exclusive is much more. I used to hate the quality-control on this thing. But, I've grown to appreciate it a lot more over the years.
I have the big one (Bambaland exclusive - I don't even remember what was special about it..lol) and 2 medium ones (Rex and Ray).
I sometimes check the price to feel good, but I ain't selling those. :geek:

always wanted one, but the lowest i saw for the full size was 1300 euros.
for reasons, the half size is not that cheaper either, seen it sold for 800/850 euros

Is Scaletta a reliable 1/6 scale figure manufacturer? How's the quality on their previous offerings?

Just trying to gauge whether it's closer to Damtoys/Soosoo/ToysEra......or StarAce!

They're pretty reliable. I was in the old commission list for MGS 2 Solid Snake. The quality of their sneaking suit (for the time) was okay-ish in retrospect... but, it could've been better, as the paint ripped very easily at the joints and creases. I would honestly like to see Scaletta do a second attempt at this figure, since they seem to be in a mood for MGS again.

Also, for some odd reason, I got member Rocco8X confused for woodrob, who happens to be Scaletta on SSF :rotfl

I have the big one (Bambaland exclusive - I don't even remember what was special about it..lol) and 2 medium ones (Rex and Ray).

always wanted one, but the lowest i saw for the full size was 1300 euros.
for reasons, the half size is not that cheaper either, seen it sold for 800/850 euros

I'm just a lot more content with my REX these days, knowing that we might never see another version of this caliber or scale. Feels good to know that I got it while it was still "cheap" :lol. I'll eventually have to get my hands on the half-scale REX, since ThreeA seemed to have solved a lot of quality-control issues with it.

Last edited:
The Bambaland Exclusives had a tiny 1/48 scale Snake and Ocelot pilot figure included and a poster I think.

I've both scale Rex and Ray. It's a shame they couldn't of added the swivel to the head on the big Rex like they did on the half scale version. Regardless it's still probably my most prized possession. I dont own a vast collection of Metal Gear memorabilia, but I'm still a huge fan of the franchise.

The Bambaland Exclusives had a tiny 1/48 scale Snake and Ocelot pilot figure included and a poster I think.

I've both scale Rex and Ray. It's a shame they couldn't of added the swivel to the head on the big Rex like they did on the half scale version. Regardless it's still probably my most prized possession. I dont own a vast collection of Metal Gear memorabilia, but I'm still a huge fan of the franchise.
Ah! I remember now! Yeah those tiny figures.
I also have a custom resin kit version of Rex I built 11 years ago
5851870173_d0abe85e41_c.jpg

I remember Ash mentioning he would be okay to sell figures of his versions of MGS characters and then never doing it.

I have the big ones. :)

Attachments

• 20220125_222258.jpg
    20220125_222258.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220125_222327.jpg
    20220125_222327.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220125_222309.jpg
    20220125_222309.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 47
Do any of you guys still collect any of the older MGS memorabilia, by the way? I got a pretty decent haul from DHL today.

I actually found a "sealed" copy of the MGS 1 art book. I had initially suspected that the seller may have resealed this thing, but it's absolutely crisp and there's no off-white discoloration.

51829598123_a119681e21_b.jpg

Fairly new premium packages for MGS 2 and MGS 3 Subsistence. I'd take out the games, but I'm too lazy to open up the boxes again.

51829597983_d6ee8e0180_b.jpg

51829824049_db0c2853ca_b.jpg

I also found this phone card, with a neat message card.

51829827399_f94733040e_b.jpg

51829601923_fed4d4733b_b.jpg

51829601908_2835499607_b.jpg
[/url]

51829827414_25cc443774_b.jpg
The original seal does not look like this. It looks like this. Good catch though.

Attachments

• 20220125_222850.jpg
    20220125_222850.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220125_222853.jpg
    20220125_222853.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220125_222906.jpg
    20220125_222906.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220125_222940.jpg
    20220125_222940.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 32
Well, you have the second edition of the MGS 1 art book, that doesn't have the obi at the bottom. The first edition, to my knowledge, was never sealed in a polystyrene bag like yours. It's cool that they numbered your edition, though. It's also pretty cool that you have all of the art books.

I still need to track down the Art of MGS V Limited Edition. It was sold out pretty fast at release, and I think scalpers made off with most of them.

Well, you have the second edition of the MGS 1 art book, that doesn't have the obi at the bottom. The first edition, to my knowledge, was never sealed in a polystyrene bag like yours. It's cool that they numbered your edition, though. It's also pretty cool that you have all of the art books.

I still need to track down the Art of MGS V Limited Edition. It was sold out pretty fast at release, and I think scalpers made off with most of them.
Indeed! Good observation with the obi. I never knew that they had a second release. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Limited MGSV Artbook:Scalpers got them and now they are selling them super expensive.

Indeed! Good observation with the obi. I never knew that they had a second release. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Limited MGSV Artbook:Scalpers got them and now they are selling them super expensive.

I might be wrong, but I think each of the official art books, aside from "Metal Gear Solid 4 Masterworks" had re-releases. There's a first edition of the MGS 2 art book that came in a faux-leather case (similar to the faux-leather case found in the black sorter). It was only available on the Konami style website for pre-order in 2001.

There's also a third edition of the MGS 1 book, labeled "The Art of Metal Gear Solid 1.5" (which you have in your collection there). It's missing some content from the previous MGS 1 book editions (such as the fold-out Meryl poster), but it includes with some in-house Konami mannequin photos. It also has a different interview from Shinkawa.

Regardless of editions, though, I still prefer all of the older art books to the "Art of Metal Gear Solid" hardcover two book set. They have higher quality scans of the artwork, and they're just a lot lighter and easier to read.

Did you ever pre-order the Death Stranding LE artbook, btw?

I might be wrong, but I think each of the official art books, aside from "Metal Gear Solid 4 Masterworks" had re-releases. There's a first edition of the MGS 2 art book that came in a faux-leather case (similar to the faux-leather case found in the black sorter). It was only available on the Konami style website for pre-order in 2001.

There's also a third edition of the MGS 1 book, labeled "The Art of Metal Gear Solid 1.5" (which you have in your collection there). It's missing some content from the previous MGS 1 book editions (such as the fold-out Meryl poster), but it includes with some in-house Konami mannequin photos. It also has a different interview from Shinkawa.

Regardless of editions, though, I still prefer all of the older art books to the "Art of Metal Gear Solid" hardcover two book set. They have higher quality scans of the artwork, and they're just a lot lighter and easier to read.

Did you ever pre-order the Death Stranding LE artbook, btw?
Nope. I love Shinkawa's style but I am an MGS fan first. I really enjoyed Death Stranding though, but not so much to get merch as well. MGS was my greatest love, alongside FFVII. If I can get a high quality Solid Snake, then I'm gold. :) I planned the same for my FFVII collection with Gametoys. Sephiroth already arrived and in it's place. Cloud just arrived to my country. And Zack is pre-ordered. This is a good year so far. :)

Back