Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys ever check out fangamer? They have had some decent MGS stuff. I bought almost every shirt and the water bottle is really cool too.

Got a T-shirt wanted a cap but it?s not available yet [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] thanks! You are right it?s unique having mgs merch nowadays. But I feel like if I got an exclamation point cap no one would know where?s it from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm wearing gamer clothes, I personally prefer it to be subtle. It's a lot less dorky when left ambiguous, and not to mention artistic :lol. It's the reason why I loved Uniqlo's MGS lineup of shirts.

You guys ever check out fangamer? They have had some decent MGS stuff. I bought almost every shirt and the water bottle is really cool too.

I kinda forgot about fangamer, but they seem to have to good merch there. Do their shirts fit true to size?

The dude must've hit it big in IT if he started collecting only in 2017. I wonder if he bought the life-sized Luden astronaut statues and the KojiPro themed wall panels direct from their office.

That's awesome, Bayu is a cool dude, to say he is a huge MGS/Kojima fan would be an understatment! Fun fact, he tried to get Kojima to sign the LimToys MGS figures but he declined, he said Kojima simply laughed when he asked if it was because it was not licensed. :lol

In regards to the Fulton Balloon diorama, LiMiNi Snake and Quiet's second batch, they're all in production and coming this year, we plan on releasing the diorama first and then the second batch of figures, it'll take a bit as top priority right now is releasing LIM008 but it's all being taken care of of!
AhmEE2w.jpg

That's just weird, because there was a time when Kojima would sign absolutely anything. Back in 2008, someone even brought an inflated condom at the MGS 4 launch and Kojima signed it :lol. So, I dunno. He's definitely changed over the years.

In regards to the Fulton Balloon diorama, LiMiNi Snake and Quiet's second batch, they're all in production and coming this year, we plan on releasing the diorama first and then the second batch of figures, it'll take a bit as top priority right now is releasing LIM008 but it's all being taken care of of!
AhmEE2w.jpg

i was just coming to ask about the baloon, thought might be cancelled. also "LiMiNi Snake and Quiet's second batch" 1/12 Quiet?

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the 25th Anniversary Art Book collection (with the aluminum case) and the "Art of Metal Gear Solid I-IV" from Dark Horse? I've noticed that both sets of art books have two books designated "Studio Works" and "Gallery Works". Are they the exact same books between the two sets?

Seems like I found the spot to hop in and show one of my favorite shelves in my entire collection [emoji28]
9c58b4e130038509bab65b18fa0400e0.jpg

Nice shirt!

Btw, does anyone here have the happy kuji lottery lithographs from MGS V? They all come with a signature from Yoji Shinkawa, but I'm not sure if it's a real signature or just printed onto the lithographs. Would love to have some clarity on that, because I haven't been able to find an answer.

Last edited:
Man this thread is dead...

Anyways, to answer my own question, I can confirm that the Konami Style 25th Anniversary art book set is exactly the same as the more widely distributed Dark Horse release in the U.S. (in terms of contents, at least). The books in the 25th Anniversary release feel slightly more premium. The covers are glossy compared to the matte finish of the Dark Horse books - which seem to scratch easier with continued use. The bindings of the 25th Anniversary books also feel sturdier, and they don't have the silver painted page edges of the Dark Horse books, which can rub off quite easily.

All of that said, a sealed copy of the Dark Horse books is about the same price as 25th Anniversary set now (and it's hard to believe that just a year ago, the Dark Horse release was selling for $35 on Amazon!). In terms of quality, I think the 25th Anniversary books are worth it, and the solid aluminum case just gives it an imposing shelf-presence. I'd highly recommend picking it up, especially since it's one of the rarer MGS commemorative items out there. It was available on the Konami Style store through a raffle and was limited to 2500 pieces. Four hundred pieces (minus the scenario books from the Japanese release) were then distributed to the U.S. about a year later in 2013.

In any case, I'm currently letting mine air out a bit before I display it. I'll eventually have to post some pics of my MGS collection as it's grown a bit over the past couple of years.

51033678037_d08f1c8db0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shirt!

Btw, does anyone here have the happy kuji lottery lithographs from MGS V? They all come with a signature from Yoji Shinkawa, but I'm not sure if it's a real signature or just printed onto the lithographs. Would love to have some clarity on that, because I haven't been able to find an answer.

Thanks! I wouldn?t known about the Konami store if it weren?t for you

Back