Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the same price as ThreeA's giant-sized REX, I'd say it's pretty overpriced.

This is one instance, where I can say, I'm happy that the design choice turned me off from buying a product :lol. I never liked the design for Inbred REX.

No, but a lot of the internal frame and parts of the exterior are. Take a look at the product page on any retailer; there is a diagram showing which parts of the figure are diecast

One of these things is not like the others :lol

Seriously I plan on getting the 1:1 arm at some point, and when I do that's what I will use it for. Thanks potato.

you mean the condom?

i do think it also has no issue holding a mechanized dildo. one thing is for the 4 fingers apart from the thumb, the upper join can be bent forward, only sideways, so you have around 3 joints per finger that can bend forward.

just don't make it hold them for prolonged period as whatever you put on it might fuse with the paint/plastic & cause sticky fingers.

3_zps6e071b86.gif~c200

As a heads up: PAK's MGS 2 Raiden's on sale at BBTS for $49.99. I didn't realize the figure was still available at retail.

A lot of sites still have PAK MGS 2 Raiden and Liquid for less than retail, must have been over produced or no one bought it.

Finally got round to ordering revolmini Snake and Nendoroid Snake. The Revolmini arrived, still awaiting Nendoroid. Will post pics

Speaking of, i found this nice fan art of what could be MGS2 Snake

il_570xN.1024006161_byn5.jpg

Got both the half size Rex and Ray today... Ray is still crap even at half scale, joints are pretty weak on the legs. The LEDs are also useless on Ray. They eyes dont light up and the light shines through t he cheek on mine. Rex on the other hand is amazing more playable and more fun than the bigger one. My plan was to sell the 1/48 ones but i cant do it. They are just amazing looking at the 1/48 scale. Think ill keep them both for now.

Is half scale Rex worth it?
I was thinking about selling 1/48 Rex since I could use the money and space.

Also does big Rex go for good money these days, or would I be loosing $$?

Probably losing; I haven't seen any go for above retail since I started collecting just over a year ago. That said I follow sales on the ThreeA BST Facebook group and the Kidrobot forums, not on here and eBay. Half-size Rex looks better than the original in terms of stability, poseability and general user-friendliness; I plan to get it myself one day. Check out Vangelus' review on YouTube for a pretty thorough look at it.

Heard the same about Ray, which is a shame because I really wanted the pair. Still, looking at the design it's not surprising.

Speaking of, i found this nice fan art of what could be MGS2 Snake

il_570xN.1024006161_byn5.jpg
That's one solid art for Solid Snake, will definitely buy one as a nendoroid.

I really want Ray I just haven't pulled the trigger. Is the full size preferred over the half?
Haven't seen anyone not happy with the 1/48 (full scale) Rex. Dont know about Ray as I don't have space for it.

Back