Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just meant the design of him is strange, not his character

It's like his design was the last thing thought about, they threw in the Revolver Ocelot western look while having a hideously burnt bald man underneath, not to mention the lone ranger mask?

unless the western look means something to the story and character, he just looks a bit nonsensical right now in comparison to the supposed tone of the game

Seeing as PAK seem to relish is giving their figures dark, burnt washes over them I'm not surprised the figure looks good

I think the design makes sense, Freddy Kreuger mixed with Michael Jackson, you guys know how Kojima likes american pop culture.

I do admit the cowboy thing is a bit lazy, it is Ocelots thing.. Maybe they have a western stand off

They should have just dropped the lone ranger get up

The burnt features were enough, he looks a bit comical

If I had a penny for every grievance people had for the design choices of MGSV.. :lol

Face it, MGSV isn't the most aesthetically sound MGS ever made. It's all about the FOX engine and open world. It's just a few months left until the final verdict. I can't wait!

I think the designs are due to Kojima taking too much control over Yoji's creativity. Any mechanized designs are almost always Yoji's choices I think.

I think the designs are due to Kojima taking too much control over Yoji's creativity. Any mechanized designs are almost always Yoji's choices I think.

Yeah, plus the new philosophy of scanning real life people/items into the game kills any potential for creativity. Skullface, Quiet, Codetalker aren't exactly winning any design awards soon. :lol

Speaking of, when is the release date for Quiet and Flaming Volgin?

Yeah, plus the new philosophy of scanning real life people/items into the game kills any potential for creativity. Skullface, Quiet, Codetalker aren't exactly winning any design awards soon. :lol

Speaking of, when is the release date for Quiet and Flaming Volgin?

Ugh Codetalker, has got to be the worst designed character done in the franchise hands down.

Ugh Codetalker, has got to be the worst designed character done in the franchise hands down.

I would give that to Quite myself. Code talker is a standard wise old man, with cool looking "blind" eyes.

But MGS has always had funny designs. Dare I mention:

- Phyco Mantis, a gimp in a gas mask
- Fatman, fat guy with a manicure and rollerblades
- The Pain a fat dude that controls bees
- The End a 100 year old with action eyeballs and dentures
- BigBoss a scarred soldier with a robot arm, eyepatch and a devils horn?

I would give that to Quite myself. Code talker is a standard wise old man, with cool looking "blind" eyes.

The Pain and The Fury are my favorite designs in Metal Gear. Agreed with the others.

Big Boss only has that design in TPP though...and you forgot the 'tail' :lol
The problem with goofy designs is those characters usually weren't taken that seriously at times and there's usually some sort of joke with them, and those MGS games they were in weren't completely dark, gritty and serious. Psycho Mantis is probably the exception, since his gas mask is due to his scarred face.

I'd like BB's design in V so much more without the contrived demon accessories. His face being all haggard with scars I like a lot.

Skull face is such a strangely designed character for MGS

HAHA! :lol

I love the figure and I like the design by itself, but putting it next to other MGS figures, it definitely feels more.... live-action? I can imagine that he'd fit better once the PAK Ocelot comes in. Seriously it's like Kojima wasn't happy about how he characterized Ocelot as the once-villainous cowboy so he decided that he needs another villainous cowboy but even MOAR EVULZ!

But yeah, while his design shouldn't feel out of place, for some reason he definitely gives me more of a live-action horror vibe (think Walking Dead mixed with Hannibal). It must be all those TV shows that are influencing Kojima. :lol

I'd like BB's design in V so much more without the contrived demon accessories. His face being all haggard with scars I like a lot.

I think his overall design in MGS V is just trying too hard to show a man who's battling his demons. Kojima should have explored the psychological aspects of Big Boss without messing around with his looks so much.

It's a piece of shrapnel that's lodged into Big Boss' skull. Figuratively, Kojima said that it was supposed to make him look like a "demon".

Quite frankly, I don't like the design choice - it's way too dramatic for my taste. That's not to say that MGS doesn't have over-the-top characters. But, it's just strange seeing a fairly iconic character like Big Boss with all of these radical transformations all of a sudden.

Back