Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But for reals, I didn't even know big boss was an amputee. Was that established before this new sequel because I feel, at this point, they're making poop as they go. :lol

Big Boss looks awesome, the iconography of the demon has to be represented that way to have an impact as a legend on the battlefield, I can picture the child soldiers spreading tales about a demon covered in blood, that's genius, not try hard.

And code talker isn't supposed to be a flashy character I don't see how it's badly designed, if anything it looks like an interesting character.

I can understand complaints for Quiet to some extend, but I like it given that we know nothing of her context.

And yes, Ocelot looks stupid.

But by far the MGS with the worst designs is easily the portable ops ones, no question, I mean, Null and Python are not terrible designs, they're just incredibly boring, lame and generic, and Raxa is straight up retarded looking.

If you ask me MGSV is up to standards in comparison to MGS2,3 and 4.

I don't like the horn but I dig the ponytail.

He looks cool all scarred but doesn't fit in with the character from what was established

Big boss up to MGS3 looked like he does in MGS4

Big Boss looks awesome, the iconography of the demon has to be represented that way to have an impact as a legend on the battlefield, I can picture the child soldiers spreading tales about a demon covered in blood, that's genius, not try hard.

Funnily enough, I'm fine with the horn and I like the way it comes across in terms of visual flair. If you account for how MGSV was originally called "Project Ogre" it ought to make you wonder since "ogre" is often a non-literal translation of the Japanese "oni" (a type of yokai), which can also be interchanged with the English translation of a "demon".

Considering how "oni" are often treated as devilishly destructive creatures in Japanese folklore, I honestly don't mind Kojima attributing that sort of imagery for Big Boss. :)

Funnily enough, I'm fine with the horn and I like the way it comes across in terms of visual flair. If you account for how MGSV was originally called "Project Ogre" it ought to make you wonder since "ogre" is often a non-literal translation of the Japanese "oni" (a type of yokai), which can also be interchanged with the English translation of a "demon".

Considering how "oni" are often treated as devilishly destructive creatures in Japanese folklore, I honestly don't mind Kojima attributing that sort of imagery for Big Boss. :)

:exactly: I'm of the same opinion.

And code talker isn't supposed to be a flashy character I don't see how it's badly designed, if anything it looks like an interesting character.

I can understand complaints for Quiet to some extent, but I like it given that we know nothing of her context.

And yes, Ocelot looks stupid.

But by far the MGS with the worst designs is easily the portable ops ones, no question, I mean, Null and Python are not terrible designs, they're just incredibly boring, lame and generic, and Raxa is straight up retarded looking.

If you ask me MGSV is up to standards in comparison to MGS2,3 and 4.

Like I said a hundred times before, I would have preferred if Kojima experimented with these themes in an IP and left MGS out of it :lol. Big Boss never had a head horn, or an amputation from the MGS 1 artwork, and Kaz wasn't missing any limbs either. It just seems very out of place.

I don't like the horn but I dig the ponytail.

He looks cool all scarred but doesn't fit in with the character from what was established

Big boss up to MGS3 looked like he does in MGS4

The pony tail at least gives him a hairstyle that looks different than Snake's so that's a big plus for me. Big Boss's appearance in MGS 4 was taken straight out of the artwork, and it did hold up to his established look in the canon.

Like I said a hundred times before, I would have preferred if Kojima experimented with these themes in an IP and left MGS out of it :lol.
Well then let's hope that he really means it when he says that this will REALLY be his last MGS. :rotfl

Well then let's hope that he really means it when he says that this will REALLY be his last MGS. :rotfl

As if :lol. He's stuck with this series until he retires from the industry. And even after he dies, I bet Konami will have to conjure the ghost of Kojima to keep working on MGS.

As if :lol. He's stuck with this series until he retires from the industry. And even after he dies, I bet Konami will have to conjure the ghost of Kojima to keep working on MGS.
I'm not sure if this actually happened, but somehow I recall that there was this interview in which Kojima said that he wanted to make new IPs because he doesn't want to just be remembered as the "Metal Gear guy".

Too late for that now, Kojima. :lol

I'm not sure if this actually happened, but somehow I recall that there was this interview in which Kojima said that he wanted to make new IPs because he doesn't want to just be remembered as the "Metal Gear guy".

Too late for that now, Kojima. :lol

That's some bull poop. That thing is his magnum opus. He should have stopped at 4. But at then, still, it would have been way too late.

Like I said a hundred times before, I would have preferred if Kojima experimented with these themes in an IP and left MGS out of it :lol. Big Boss never had a head horn, or an amputation from the MGS 1 artwork, and Kaz wasn't missing any limbs either. It just seems very out of place

I wouldn't, MGS is the perfect platform to explore themes like those, that are in fact permanently present in the MGS lore anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kaz's art from MGS1 actually Liquid?
And BB is wearing gloves and a coat, if they removed the horn in MGSV there's no way you can tell from the art, so, it's not really out of place at all.

About Kaz... erm, no. This is the picture for "Master Miller" (or "McDonell Benedict Miller") that was used in the artworks and even the MGS Database (PS3).

Master_Miller.jpg

Liquid never wore the entire get-up; he only tied his hair back and wore sunglasses during his codec conversations with Snake.

That was originally from the MGS1 artwork correct?

And we know for a fact that this is Liquid:
Miller_face.jpg

The t-shirt looks very similar to me, I always thought it was Liquid and that they took the artwork from MGS1 (where in my mind it was always liquid) and used it on the Database, because it was the only artwork of "Master Miller" from that era and is in fact the only time we "see" Miller in the game, or was the ps3 Database still active or updated after PW came out?

But you make a good point, he never wore the whole outfit..... Or did he? :panic:

Well, that's not Liquid, that's a picture of "Master Miller" from the official artwork :lol. Plus, there's no reason why Liquid would change to green pants, when the codec screens only showed a person's portrait from the neck up :rotfl. And far as I know, the MGS Database was never updated after MGS 4.

Miller.jpg

Granted, you do raise a good point man. I won't doubt that as a result of MGS V, the artwork for MGS 1 would be "changed" to reflect that it was Liquid and not Miller. But, prior to this, I don't think there was any real proof to show that.

Back