Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love those black labels, and that's a great signed print! Which signing did you attend, by the way?

he came to Seattle for Pax Prime during the 25th anniversary and had a signing, he was only singing those posters though. I heard they had a media party later that day where he signed a lot of other stuff.

PAK quality control blows! I'm on my 2nd replacement from Amazon for Venom Snake. Loose frigging torso, really loose left arm, paint scratches, poorly molded scarf etc. It goes on and on.
Wow, ****ing for real? I thought the QC on this Snake was passable, not this bad.
You should tweet that to Kojima!

You should tweet that to Kojima!

:monkey3
:lecture
He can't get it up anymore. He's Old Flaccid Snake.

We can't have enough first names for the codename Snake apparently.
Watch as somehow, Solid Snake and Raiden get brand new codenames.
We're a bunch of battered wives at this point. I met my hubby five times. And I'll definitely meet him for the sixth time, despite getting b*tch slapped by GZ.
GZ is probably the start of even worse abuse.

Wow, ****ing for real? I thought the QC on this Snake was passable, not this bad. :lectureWatch as somehow, Solid Snake and Raiden get brand new codenames. GZ is probably the start of even worse abuse.

Old Snake wasn't exactly horrible, but it's the fact that Snake indeed was turned into a grandpa that made it hate-able for me.

Raiden's other nicknames are fine, since they don't take place of "Raiden."

I actually like the nickname "Mr. Lightning Bolt."

Old Snake wasn't exactly horrible, but it's the fact that Snake indeed was turned into a grandpa that made it hate-able for me.

I would have been fine if Snake was old, but he didn't have to act so old. Disgruntled, lifeless, he really lost what made him Snake honestly. Even old Big Boss acted like Big Boss, "The boss" this and that...

Jack the Ripper was a neat nickname too, certainly does fit now, and the moments with that nickname were quite something.

The initial shock wore off slightly since it took soo long for MGS4 to release. I liked the design they ended up with but the real atrocity was his characterisation.

There was some moments where he acted true to his character, like Mei Lings briefing or chatting to Meryl. But he acted like an idiot like BigBoss in MGS3 for alot of it

The initial shock wore off slightly since it took soo long for MGS4 to release. I liked the design they ended up with but the real atrocity was his characterisation.

There was some moments where he acted true to his character, like Mei Lings briefing or chatting to Meryl. But he acted like an idiot like BigBoss in MGS3 for alot of it
I wasn't into MGS around the time of 4 really, so I was like "Who the hell is this? Big Boss?" due to the eyepatch and Big Boss being old by the time of MGS1, was surprised to find out it was Solid Snake.

You're right, he did act kinda dumb in MGS4 at times. Like why was he genuinely surprised about half the **** in MGS4? He should be used to it by now.

I still remember so clearly HATING that goddamn mustache. It really took some time up to release for me to be okay with it. He was so damn depressing in 4, but as you said, classic Snake's mentality was there at times. As much as I dislike the game on so many levels, it could be much worse I think.

I wasn't into MGS around the time of 4 really, so I was like "Who the hell is this? Big Boss?" due to the eyepatch and Big Boss being old by the time of MGS1, was surprised to find out it was Solid Snake.

You're right, he did act kinda dumb in MGS4 at times. Like why was he genuinely surprised about half the **** in MGS4? He should be used to it by now.

I think he was aged way, way too quickly. he should look like he's in his mid 50s or so, not as old as Ocelot.

PAK quality control blows! I'm on my 2nd replacement from Amazon for Venom Snake. Loose frigging torso, really loose left arm, paint scratches, poorly molded scarf etc. It goes on and on.

Have any of the front packs fallen of yours? I got mine on Friday and just from putting on the stand that hugs the waist, one of the front packs fell off, had to super glue it back on.

Have any of the front packs fallen of yours? I got mine on Friday and just from putting on the stand that hugs the waist, one of the front packs fell off, had to super glue it back on.

Nah, it seems pretty solid outside of joint/paint issues. The left arm on both of the ones I've received seem WAY too loose, even for PAK.

I've been lucky with MGS PAK's the only one i had a problem with is the paint on White Rising Raiden and a few things that needed heating.

I've had so many problems with other PAKs though. One thing that annoys me is out of the box, some are fine.. like FFVII:AC for example.

Out of the box fine, all joints ok, a bit of dark wash on the face but not bad at all. I noticed the other day he was leaning forward so i went to steady him again when i noticed the knees had turned that of a 90 year old womans....

so weird man, my TTP BB is Solid

You know what i wonder, do they make sure the the Asian batches are really well produced? and then other places get some of the worse ones

I only say this, because every PAK i've got from Asia has been better than the UK or other ones of the exact same figure. Makes no sense and could be just a coincidence, but weird nonetheless

You know what i wonder, do they make sure the the Asian batches are really well produced? and then other places get some of the worse ones

I only say this, because every PAK i've got from Asia has been better than the UK or other ones of the exact same figure. Makes no sense and could be just a coincidence, but weird nonetheless

That may make sense, all of my PAK are perfect and they've all been ordered from amiami. But my Adam Jensen from the Deus Ex special edition came with ever joint look and left arm in three peaces

At this point, that could be it. Most of mine are American bought, but the few that I got shipped from Japan or at a convention are sturdy.

I still remember so clearly HATING that goddamn mustache. It really took some time up to release for me to be okay with it. He was so damn depressing in 4, but as you said, classic Snake's mentality was there at times. As much as I dislike the game on so many levels, it could be much worse I think.

I think he was aged way, way too quickly. he should look like he's in his mid 50s or so, not as old as Ocelot.
Yeah, I didn't like how Snake didn't seem at all as savvy as he once was in MGS2. His scenes with Meryl and the aftermath of Act 5's debriefing were great though, since they felt like Snake except actually older.

I do admit, while I've softened up to the final design over the years, I still would have preferred it if we got the one from the initial teaser poster in which Snake looked like he had a BB-styled beard/stubble instead of just the mustache.

At this point, that could be it. Most of mine are American bought, but the few that I got shipped from Japan or at a convention are sturdy.

I wonder about this. Most of my PAK are pretty sturdy, and needless to say I've ordered most of them from AmiAmi.

Yeah, I didn't like how Snake didn't seem at all as savvy as he once was in MGS2. His scenes with Meryl and the aftermath of Act 5's debriefing were great though, since they felt like Snake except actually older.

I do admit, while I've softened up to the final design over the years, I still would have preferred it if we got the one from the initial teaser poster in which Snake looked like he had a BB-styled beard/stubble instead of just the mustache.

And a human Raiden carrying a baby sunny, the corpse of BigBoss... Damn I wish we got that game.. Also then original graphics

Hw4WQ.jpg

Back