Medicom Real Action Heroes Skyward Sword Link

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same idea for a dark link, looking forward to your progress. I might have to pick up a second link myself. hope they do some more characters in the line.

I'd like to see a picture of the medicom link next to that ganondorf statue, I know the scales are different but Ganon is usually super huge in the games.

Hi all. So I got another Link because it was on sale. I commissioned KC Design for yet another custom tunic. Only this time I asked for it to be tailored without Velcros.

b8KYGUI.jpg

This is the first tunic from my post a few months back. See the bulge on the left there caused by the Velcro? I was thinking of doing away with that altogether. And KC was able to do just that.

Of1USA2.jpg

Wr6diWy.jpg

The Velcro side is now removed and sewn shut like the right side on this new tunic. As you can see it fits just as well.

Q6Q0H6p.jpg

No more bulge or worries about the Velcros wearing out. The nice part is I had absolutely no difficulty fitting this tunic onto the figure...Which only begs the question of why did Medicom designed it with the Velcro in the first place...And of course caution is always advised as to not tear the tunic when putting it on. It feels a little more fragile than the factory undershirt but it's still really easy to put on.

Anyway if you are still on the fence about getting this tunic, the no-Velcro option is definitely worth your consideration. My thanks to KC Design for seeing to my needs and deliverying yet another piece of artwork. Her commission thread can be found here.

Thanks for reading~

PS: I took the first Link apart. Maybe one day I'll dye the Velcro tunic black to make a Shadow Link...who knows.

^That definitely looks better without the velcro on the side :)

I was also about to commission KC Design to make me a red, blue and green custom tunic. But I decided to hold off and wait for Tony Mei to make his (which probably won't be out until September/October).

A custom Shadow Link would be interesting. Why don't you go ahead and try making it?

I was also about to commission KC Design to make me a red, blue and green custom tunic. But I decided to hold off and wait for Tony Mei to make his (which probably won't be out until September/October).

A custom Shadow Link would be interesting. Why don't you go ahead and try making it?

lol I'm too indecisive about the color for Shadow Link. I had my eyes sent on the Shadow Link color palette from Smash Brawl
Dark_Link_slashes_by_GannySha.jpg

But at the same time I also want to wait and see what color schemes they might have for the Wii U Smash...so we shall see.

I didn't know Tony Mei was gonna do a custom tunic for Link. His work is traditionally very stellar. Please let us know how it turns out.

^The color scheme from Smash Brawl looks pretty awesome. I guess there's a lot more to a Shadow Link mod than just a black tunic... The paint details for the face, hair and weapons will probably be the most challenging part of the mod to pull off. Good luck with that and look forward to seeing the final product!

Yeah, Tony Mei emailed me back recently and said he was working on a few custom projects at the moment and probably wouldn't even start the RAH Link Tunic until sometime in August. So, depending on how long it takes for him to find the correct fabric/color/design, I wouldn't expect any prototype pics from him until September or October if we're lucky. I'll be sure to post pics once everything is said and done. Based off Tony's prior customs, I'm sure the custom tunic won't disappoint :)

Just got my outfit from KC, really dig it. if you buy a link figure its definitely worth picking up one of these outfits, looks great.

I love hot toys but I've always loved Medi. Isn't there enough love to go around for all companies?

I love hot toys but I've always loved Medi. Isn't there enough love to go around for all companies?

Well im not sure if they made any changes to the quality of their material, but if its anything like my Comic Spideys, Matrix Neo or Jedi Luke, they will disintegrate on you. And for no reason, I usually pose a figure and leave it and the bodies still all fell apart. As good as some of Medicom offering are, I tend to stay now becasue I dont trust the quality. Think they burned many collectors this way.

thanks man

I really dig the figure, i don't get all the medicom hate
Eh, I kinda have my gripes. Prices for one thing, like their Batman Begins figure came with so little (Batarang and three hands), was of fairly lower quality (though still decent for the time) and yet he was almost $200, compared to the Hot Toys which had 2 Batarangs, grappling gun, 3 sets of hands, and a mine, possibly being of better construction according to users on here and was $110. I own Link, and Kyoko Sakura from Madoka Magica and they're both great, but not worth $200+. I only got them due to HLJ's sales. They have issues like problems with the hands holding accessories (especially Link and that bow), balance without the stand and their outfits bunch up at times. The stands are also fairly hard to use too. But they're not bad, I think Medicom should stick to more Japan licenses though, they get look down.

That said, love the pose. Looks fantastic :hi5:

Medicom's biggest problem is that they have to pay import taxes on their own goods, same with Big Chief. They make the stuff in China, then have to ship it back to their home country and pay massive import tax on their own stuff. So, that import tax is just part of the cost of the figure.

Back