Medicom Real Action Heroes Skyward Sword Link

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my shot at posing him. Got the background online.

link.jpg

Probably the only way we will see one is a custom. Buy an extra and paint it all black. Die the fabric. I've been tempted to try this myself.

Awesome! Was waiting to see how Link would come. I have the 1/6 Shield/Mastersword replica from Nintendo if anybody is interested in replacing those stock ones, shoot me a pm!

Sent from my c350 Benz using Tapatalk

Got a set. They are very nice. Got mine for $50.00 on eBay. Anyone thinking about getting a set should jump on it.

My Link figure. I have always searched for a custom LInk from Tp. In fact, I have sculpted for myself a head

RJ_link-medi01.jpg

RJ_link-medi02.jpg

RJ_link-medi03.jpg

Anyway, I'm glad with it. At least, now we have a articulated 1/6 figure to enjoy it

Just paid for mine :yess:

£125 EMS shipped to the UK, just gotta wait for the inevitable customs charges now
There is a Japanese seller (NEXT JAPAN) on Amazon UK selling this figure for £138, including free postage. Has anyone bought from this seller, and do you think they would be happy to declare it as a low value item to avoid customs?

My attitude is that if the figure isn't to my liking I don't buy it, regardless of who made it. Most of my collection may be HT and SS but if I paid £200 and opened up a box to find something that's a total con or not to their usual standard then I won't be trying to make excuses for them.

My theory is that some people build up high expectations for an upcoming product and find it difficult to process their thoughts when it isn't 100% perfect. These figures aren't cheap and some people need to validate their actions rather than admit it was a disappointment. There's also the fact that there some people are absolute elitists.

That aside, I do like what I'm seeing so far :)
If I can get it for £138 from Amazon UK, I'll be happy with the felt tunic. After all, you can alway get 3rd party clothing in the future.

A modify hand made costume by KC Design for Medicom Link Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Figure!

To see more pics, please visit here

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3039.JPG

Yes. They are glued on so if you want to put them back on you have to glue it back.

Hi all, so I picked up a custom tunic from KC Design. Here are my quick thoughts about this whole thing. Didn't bother posing again because I freakin' suck at it.

Here it is, neatly packaged.
fpm6Mt9.jpg

Some comparison pics with the original factory tunic on the left.
FgsYu5z.jpg

The custom is noticeably thinner with some kind of cotton weave; it even looks like Medicom's prototype. Though I must say I still like the muted green on the prototype more. The custom is more of a bright yellow-ish green.
MBt6SQW.jpg

The valcro on the left side is still there, though I didn't think it was necessary at all.
FjrUTUu.jpg

Here's what's underneath. Looks almost like it came straight out of Attack on Titan. Of course no chain mail underneath just some pieces here and there to create the illusion. Chest piece is glued onto the fabric by factory. The arm pieces are like armlets.
jg61qwH.jpg

TS9sNRO.jpg

The fitting. This is really easy to do as long as you raise his arms up from the sides instead of from the front. But I did struggle to get the factory tunic off because it was so stiff and clunky.
rkSNcDz.jpg

And now tugging his undershirt back inside. This is important because you can't do this anymore once the belt is back on.
kyw3mI5.jpg

The factory cap is glued onto the head piece around the brim. It can be pried out gently. This is what's underneath.
GfgVN6a.jpg

GXxWD6p.jpg

Getting the belt and scabbard on/off is the most difficult part of this ordeal. They are held together by glue and must be carefully pried out. I chose to pick it apart at these points:
hNKab5l.jpg

Getn2jA.jpg

I super-glued everything back together, which is also a dangerous process. The belt is glued back perfectly but some glue oozed through the scabbard piece. Lucky for me, the scabbard wasn't glued to the tunic but I was left with some residue on the fabric. And fortunately it's only in the back and the scabbard itself covers it so it's not noticeable unless upon close examination. But be EXTRA careful.

And walla!! It's done!! The cap fits right back on without glue but I still have to nudge it in place every here and there. Maybe I'll pick up some fabric glue and hold it in place; but it's fine without glue.
pcyw9LU.jpg

kvFJH1n.jpg

Here's a few more from this morning under natural lighting.
bF30nOX.jpg

kA4UJxt.jpg

This custom tunic sits very well on the figure and is more coherent with the material of the undershirt and pants. And by that I mean it has these nice and tiny wrinkles like with the undershirt and pants. This is something the factory tunic definitely cannot do.
b5TpA8m.jpg

One thing I did notice is that his waist is actually really small. With the thicker factory tunic, his waist appears scrunched up around the gut. Here, you'll notice this nice and straight physique from the belly down and looks very natural.
sZIaGU7.jpg

All in all, this is definitely worth it if you are willing to go through the trouble of taking everything apart. But really these pics don't do it justice. It looks way better on hand.
t5qSllO.jpg

hxM29eb.jpg

Once again, this is purchased from KC Design, which I must thank for doing such wonderful work. KC Design has a thread here if you are interested.

~Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review! I'm always terrified to customize for fear that I'll hate the work I've done... but I'm glad you took the plunge! Looks great :)

The fitting. This is really easy to do as long as you raise his arms up from the sides instead of from the front. But I did struggle to get the factory tunic off because it was so stiff and clunky.
rkSNcDz.jpg

"Link you're gonna be late to save the princess!"

"OKAY!... ALMOST READY!"

Back