Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before the Awakening

JsQ7CBH.jpg

Awesome pics man! As usual, your shots are incredible!

So what do you think of mafex FO trooper here? Better than the bandai kit??

That does look surprisingly good, it's just a shame Mafex aren't as easy to get hold of if you're in the UK. You always get hit for customs. If I could find a seller where I didn't it might be a different story.

Awesome pics man! As usual, your shots are incredible!

So what do you think of mafex FO trooper here? Better than the bandai kit??

Thanks! Yeah honestly the bandai FO Trooper is my second least favorite after the horrible Black Series one. The shoulders just look so goofy on it. This is a very solid Trooper.

Thanks! Yeah honestly the bandai FO Trooper is my second least favorite after the horrible Black Series one. The shoulders just look so goofy on it. This is a very solid Trooper.

Ahhh and I hadnt even noticed the shoulder bells on the kit. I just settled with the black cause it's cheap and it looks decent enough just standing there, I know I'm not getting any action poses out of that thing though.

Mafex looks like the clear winner here!

I wasn't very happy with the cape on my Mafex Darth Vader, so I decided to fix it so it has a more realistic drape to it.

I also converted a Mafex Stormtrooper into a Sandtrooper. I used parts from 3 different Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper figures to create this one. The Mafex, Bandai model kit & black series figures.

How did you fix the cape please my friend?

Makes me hope Medicom will take up Star Wars again. I need an OT Vader with attention to detail like their Boba.

If we hear nothing by TRoS release in December, it’s safe to say Mafex is done with SW. The last release was TLJ Phasma and Executioner I believe which was from last year?

Makes me hope Medicom will take up Star Wars again. I need an OT Vader with attention to detail like their Boba.

Their Rogue One Vader is pretty impressive, minor inaccuracies aside. His helmet is the best in that scale IMO.

So..
With the hopes of a SHF Jakku Rey dwindling, I repurchased the Mafex Rey during HLJ's sale and put the Black Series Island Rey head on her. I am very pleased with the result and this will be my Jakku Rey, :pfft: to Bandai.
20190524_143512(1).jpg

I can't believe they didn't do any OT human figures in this line. Given how much they've improved in the last year+, I would have liked to have seen something from them.

Back