Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
March of the Dark Side

VGRGiAB.jpg

Best I've seen,

Must get their Fetts sometime.

Considering they're the best 6" Fett figures, you won't regret it. This should be the same equivalent for The Mando.

Hopefully, they go back and re-do his previous armor. Hell, make everybody in Mafex form! Heavy Mando, Armorer, Cara Dune, Moff Gideon, etc.:lol

I haven?t picked up any 1/12 in a long time. I believe the last I got was the Mafex Death Trooper. Their Fetts came out so damn good. Got rid of most of my SHFs. Glad to see them back.
Also awesome shot STG!

Nice! And just when I was considering kicking myself for passing on the SHF version! Already liking it more than SHF Mando, based solely on the fact that the Mafex helmet looks more accurately shaped and proportioned.

This is a magazine scan, so it’s possible not all the accessories are shown yet. That happens sometimes. Looks like it’s listed at 8800 yen. I haven’t bought a Mafex figure in a while but that seems high, maybe there’s more to be seen?

It definitely looks like the best 1/12 Beskar Mando. But It really needs the crib and the jet pack to feel complete.

I have both SHF Mandalorians on pre-order. But if MAFEX's Mandalorian is anything like their Boba Fett... this will be the one to beat!
The only problem is MAFEX has a bad habit of taking too long to release. Its very likely we'll see season 2 of the show before getting our hands on a Mafex Mando. Would love to be proved wrong though.
Still... for that reason i will probably keep my preorders for SHF Mando.
At least until Mafex Mando is finally released

This is a magazine scan, so it’s possible not all the accessories are shown yet. That happens sometimes. Looks like it’s listed at 8800 yen. I haven’t bought a Mafex figure in a while but that seems high, maybe there’s more to be seen?

It definitely looks like the best 1/12 Beskar Mando. But It really needs the crib and the jet pack to feel complete.

8800JPY is the retail price, places always give like a 10-20% discount at least off of that. I kind of think that's all the accessories, no photos show anything else.

I have both SHF Mandalorians on pre-order. But if MAFEX's Mandalorian is anything like their Boba Fett... this will be the one to beat!
The only problem is MAFEX has a bad habit of taking too long to release. Its very likely we'll see season 2 of the show before getting our hands on a Mafex Mando. Would love to be proved wrong though.
Still... for that reason i will probably keep my preorders for SHF Mando.
At least until Mafex Mando is finally released

This one isn't coming until December, as far as I understand it, we'll have seen Season 2 before that anyway. But I still bet this goes into 2021.

Looking good! Seems like it comes with less accessories than SHF. Most notably are the signet and the jetpack (at least for now). But even if that remains the case, its a trade off to get The Child.

The cape does look too short in some shots. But okay in others. But overall Mafex has done a good job here. In several ways it seems better than the SHF
+ Proportions seem more accurate
+ Texture of the cape looks interesting
+ Includes The Child
+ More impressive flame effect
however...
- The Child seems to have almost no changeable parts, floating crib or articulation
- No signet or jetpack
- Release date on this is much later than SHF, and going by Mafex track record, might be further delayed even.

Liking this version much more than SHF. The far-off release date gives me hope they might add a swap-out shoulder with the signet. I would be okay with the child not having any arm articulation, but really hoping the head can at least look up at Mando.

Just gonna end up getting all 3 versions honestly. Especially with the price and release date differences.

Mafex for my "Hero" figure. Figuarts just for the acessories and Black Series to hit with a black wash to mess up like the last episode.

I thought the Mafex was said to have the whistling birds like the SHF but I don't see it.

I think whoever said that initially mistook his vibro blade as a single whistling bird effect.

Back