Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you who have both the Empire and Return Boba Fetts which one is better and why? I’m trying to decide which one to get.

I think it just comes down to which version you like better. I got the ROTJ version recently and it's amazing. I chose it b/c I already had a nice ESB version (see my pics a page or two back) in my collection for years and wanted something different. But from the reviews I read before choosing, it sounds like both figures are equally well done.

Check out this review comparison:

Has anyone tried using the Black Series Vader inner robes on the Rogue One Mafex Vader? I am curious to see how that would look.

Yeah, I’ve watched all the reviews. I like the helmet on the Empire version and the gauntlets and pouches on the Return version. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

I got both and love ‘em. But my personal fav is the ESB boba - in case you couldn’t figure that out[emoji848][emoji6]
f4b8a2c6a0888f963ba561f0401811b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I don't mean to troll here in the Mafex section but I said I'd post comparison pics, so there you go.

I just got the latest BS Vader and I'm blown away. It's a nice figure! I'm much happier with it than I've ever been with the Mafex one.

It's not perfect but as a whole I think it's more convincing. I just wish it was a bit bigger (cause next to BS Kylo Ren he almost looks small).

Does look great. I wonder if you could mod the hands, replace them with figuarts or mafex alternate pieces? i hate the BS preposed hands in general.

Did you do anything special to the cape on that BS Vader?

No, only the good ol' water treatment. It was still wet on the pics, I don't know if the cloth will hold the shape once dry. It's a stretchy material, so I'm not sure. I'll see that when I get back home.

Hey guys! Just began collecting the Mafex figs. I can't say how happy I am with these figures. I know everyone has their preferences, but the Rogue One Vader got me hooked on the line (the Black Series just didn't do it for me in terms of realism. Looks like a great homage to the Kenner figures, though.)

I was wondering if anyone has more news on upcoming figs. The news form TCC only showed Gwenpool, but if you look closely, beside her, there is a Clone Wars Stormtrooper. I don't think that's from the S.H. Figuarts stand, is it?

Thanks for any info you guys can share!

Mafex will be releasing a set similar to the Amazon Exclusive Black Series set, but will be in August 2018.

I'm not getting it though, not getting deceived by the promo images again.

MD05.jpg

MD06.jpg

MD07.jpg

md09.jpg

MD10.jpg

Back