Action Figure Medicom - MAFEX Star Wars line coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the ROTJ Boba Fett. What an amazing figure! Sorry for the crappy iPad pics. They don't do this guy justice at all!

vIsjbEM.jpg
eZCFCSr.jpg
q9JMcvT.jpg
CS1Lvne.jpg

The one single thing mafex and figuarts could do to improve these figures tenfold is to punch a hole in their back to accomodate a stand, like figma and revoltech do. god i hate the aesthetics of these clamp type stands.

Man, these guys are just too much fun! I can't see myself buying every background alien in existence like I used to with 3.75 inch figures, but I'm really loving the 6 inch scale. It's like the perfect balance between high detail, shelf space required, price, etc. I still enjoy the smaller stuff. And I still love having a few showcase centerpieces in larger scales (1/6 or 1/4). But I think high quality 1/12 scale figures might now be my preferred type of action figure. At least for humans/humanoids.

8N5NEKI.jpg

1STcpkc.jpg

mLYzwLm.jpg

And here is the mafex ROTJ Fett next to the slightly larger Tomy diecast ESB Fett

k2YOQHT.jpg

On a side note, while taking this picture I noticed the rubbery plastic parts on the Tomy Fett (shoes, gun, hands, etc.) are becoming quite tacky/sticky. I've successfully reconditioned unpainted rubber parts on lightsaber replicas with car care products. But I've never tried on a painted part. Does anyone have any suggestions for a plastic or rubber conditioner that might be suitable and get rid of the stickiness and help prolong the shelf life without ruining the paint?

It's cool to see this Tomy Direct Boba. I used to own him (and Vader), I didn't remember him to be that big. Balance was difficult because of the weight but it was a figure I liked a lot.

Anyway, I changed the wires of my Vader's cape. It's now thicker and it connects both sides, allowing for extreme posing or simply covering the shoulders/chest. Here are some pictures:

Is there any indication about future Mafex figures coming up for preorder for Star Wars? Will Mafex ever make a rogue one tank commander?

I wonder about the regard that Mafex is held in Japan. Like SH Figuarts are all over the place with promos and shows; seeing stuff that might not come out for a year, but just out there with stuff all the time.

Mafex is like, "Here's promo photos for our Police Disguise Joker, preorders tomorrow, comes out in 6 months" Do they even show up in magazines? I don't understand how little effort they put in to showing off stuff.

I hope we get some more Star Wars stuff from them, it'd be nice for some reveals every once in a while.

I wonder about the regard that Mafex is held in Japan. Like SH Figuarts are all over the place with promos and shows; seeing stuff that might not come out for a year, but just out there with stuff all the time.

Mafex is like, "Here's promo photos for our Police Disguise Joker, preorders tomorrow, comes out in 6 months" Do they even show up in magazines? I don't understand how little effort they put in to showing off stuff.

I hope we get some more Star Wars stuff from them, it'd be nice for some reveals every once in a while.

Yeah, I find their lack of news disturbing. I hope the line is not dead. In the meantime, I ordered a couple BS figures to keep the fire going. ^^ I'll have the latest Vader and Kylo Ren soon.

One last picture of my Mafex Vader before possible comparison with the BS.

Lol, a lack of news doesn't mean a line is dead. They got other stuff on their plate and it takes time to make good figures. They'll show stuff soon I'm sure. It's tough to compete with Figuarts but Mafex is still going strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think recently Mafex has been selling a lot more recently, hence why a lot of their new Star Wars figures and some of their DC stuff was going out of stock or being back ordered at a lot of the major stores. The Rogue One Vader in particular seems to be a high seller.

/ Looking at HLJ, nearly all their new line of Dark Knight figure have pre-sold out.

Has anyone bought Malfex Death trooper yet ? Looks pretty cool though, please share your thoughts :).

I picked up a DT. Nice figure. Not great. His head runs a bit small compared to BS and the Bandai kit. Main bummer is he has no upper arm swivel. Hard to get in some blaster holding positions but you can still get them with some patient tweaking. He's taller than the others mentioned. Also mine came with a loose toe joint but that was a quick fix.

I picked up a DT. Nice figure. Not great. His head runs a bit small compared to BS and the Bandai kit. Main bummer is he has no upper arm swivel. Hard to get in some blaster holding positions but you can still get them with some patient tweaking. He's taller than the others mentioned. Also mine came with a loose toe joint but that was a quick fix.

Remember the Death Troopers are meant to have small heads. The Black Series head is too big for example, proportionately.

Yeah, I find their lack of news disturbing. I hope the line is not dead. In the meantime, I ordered a couple BS figures to keep the fire going. ^^ I'll have the latest Vader and Kylo Ren soon.

One last picture of my Mafex Vader before possible comparison with the BS.

Man I am lovin me some Mafex. I need to get thisun soon.

Remember the Death Troopers are meant to have small heads. The Black Series head is too big for example, proportionately.

I agree but the Mafex is just a bit too small. I put the Bandai kit helmet on and it looks perfect imo. Just need to rig the neck/ball joint but that would need some permanent drilling mods to the Mafex figure.

Back