medicom lost jack shepherd figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the the anti-Medicom feelings here - I think that's a myth perpetuated by those Medicom fans that continually bash Sideshow and sometimes project a condescending attitude towards other companies.

Not to stir the pot, but I have to say that in my experience, the anti-medi stuff far outweighs the annoying medi fans. It's definitely possible I've missed some really snotty Medi fans. But, for example, I was thrilled with the Clone Armor Obi announcement. I just could not even bring myself to post in that thread because of the ridiculous Medi/HT Got Owned posts that simply make no sense off of one pre-production sample.
Also, I've seen a lot of references to "medi nut swingers" here but IMO there is nothing more cringe-worthy than reading people who post pics of the latest SSC fig with the words "MASTERPIECE" or "PERFECTION" under it.
I may be out of line in the grand scheme of things around here, but that's honestly what I see on these boards.
I'm a fan of both companies, and I admit the strengths and weaknesses of both. I just opened my Medicom Ginko last night and I have my SSC ANH Obi-Wan waiting to be opened. I post here and on Mediworld, but I'm not really a hardcore boardie on either.
I don't mean to single you out, Darklord Dave, or argue with you. It was just interesting to me because my impression is just the opposite.
Generally speaking, I really like the attitude and enthusiasm around here, or I would just stop coming back. I don't take anything related to toys personally, but I can see how some Medicom fans might get sensitive from what I've read.

for example, I was thrilled with the Clone Armor Obi announcement. I just could not even bring myself to post in that thread because of the ridiculous Medi/HT Got Owned posts that simply make no sense off of one pre-production sample.

That sad bro i'd love to see you post more here

As for the the anti-Medicom feelings here - I think that's a myth perpetuated by those Medicom fans that continually bash Sideshow and sometimes project a condescending attitude towards other companies. lection.

Who are these Medi fans that continually bash SS?Cause i don't see it.The only one i see is chavez and he is annoying.(don't mean to call you out chavez but some of your posts......:) )

Otherwise i don't see this group of medi fans that are continually bashing SS....Just curious.

Not to stir the pot, but I have to say that in my experience, the anti-medi stuff far outweighs the annoying medi fans. It's definitely possible I've missed some really snotty Medi fans. But, for example, I was thrilled with the Clone Armor Obi announcement. I just could not even bring myself to post in that thread because of the ridiculous Medi/HT Got Owned posts that simply make no sense off of one pre-production sample.
Also, I've seen a lot of references to "medi nut swingers" here but IMO there is nothing more cringe-worthy than reading people who post pics of the latest SSC fig with the words "MASTERPIECE" or "PERFECTION" under it.
I may be out of line in the grand scheme of things around here, but that's honestly what I see on these boards.
I'm a fan of both companies, and I admit the strengths and weaknesses of both. I just opened my Medicom Ginko last night and I have my SSC ANH Obi-Wan waiting to be opened. I post here and on Mediworld, but I'm not really a hardcore boardie on either.
I don't mean to single you out, Darklord Dave, or argue with you. It was just interesting to me because my impression is just the opposite.
Generally speaking, I really like the attitude and enthusiasm around here, or I would just stop coming back. I don't take anything related to toys personally, but I can see how some Medicom fans might get sensitive from what I've read.

I think SW just brings out the worst in most people :lol congrats on ginko, that's one of, if not the, best medi anime so far IMO. :D (loooking forward to motoko to top that spot)

I tried to edit down the "Medicom got pwned" posts in the Obi-wan thread as I also found that obnoxious. And to be honest we haven't seen the Medi-bias as much as in the past when the feud was going on at rebelscum. But some lines were drawn at that time that haven't yet been overcome.

I think the VAST majority of collectors collect what they like and don't feel like they have to tear down another company to build up one that they might feel a greater affinity for. And I'd like to see us get back to more of the posts reflecting that.

And I think we can all agree that Hasbro sucks. :monkey3

Or in the interest of not alienating the influx of Hasbroians we may have due to the Joe announcement - Hasbro's 1/6th offerings are less than stellar in quality in comparison to their more expensive brethren from other 1/6 manufacturers.

I tried to edit down the "Medicom got pwned" posts in the Obi-wan thread as I also found that obnoxious. And to be honest we haven't seen the Medi-bias as much as in the past when the feud was going on at rebelscum. But some lines were drawn at that time that haven't yet been overcome.

I think the VAST majority of collectors collect what they like and don't feel like they have to tear down another company to build up one that they might feel a greater affinity for. And I'd like to see us get back to more of the posts reflecting that.

Or in the interest of not alienating the influx of Hasbroians we may have due to the Joe announcement - Hasbro's 1/6th offerings are less than stellar in quality in comparison to their more expensive brethren from other 1/6 manufacturers.

if hasblow ever release SS/HT/medi quality 1/6 and sells them for $20, its the end of the big 3.

I agree. There a lot of "Sideshow's the best" kinda stuff, to be expected on a Sideshow board, but I see a lot of praise for other companies stuff too. The stream of pwned comments were obnoxious but don't seem to happen too often.

we can agree Tonner sucks too right. :monkey3 :monkey1

we can agree Tonner sucks too right. :monkey3 :monkey1

I was being facetious with my "Hasbro sucks" comment but, like Tonner, it fills a niche market (or, one might say, we're the niche and Hasbro the mainstream).

Hasbro is for the kids and just as most parents would even consider buying a $90 action figure for their 10 year old - most of us wouldn't consider buying the Hasbro Indy when the SSC one is available.

The market for Tonner is obviously out there and strong - they're releasing DC characters faster than DC Direct. But that Tonner market is apparently not on this board - YET.

Just poking a bit of fun. Tonner certainly has it's place and fair share of loyal happy customers.

On any forum with this kind of traffic you're going to get the "this sucks" and "best thing ever made" posts with no discussion. It's cool to see a healthy dialogue about it.
Minivader, what is this motoko you speak of? ever since I read Death Note i've been scouring for some more interesting and mature anime & manga. And Yotsuba, cuz it's hilarious. :)

That's not true. Many of us here also collect many Medicom products as well. It's the Medi-Commies™ that tend to frequent the boards (and, incidentally, bash Sideshow stuff constantly) that rub many of us the wrong way... not Medicom itself.

For every Scarlet there are 3 or 4 insufferable kids who are not nearly as reasonable or rational in their passion towards Medicom. And since this is a Sideshow forum first and foremost, that stands out... big-time.

I'll step in say that none of that is true. You paint medicom fans out to be nothing more than sideshow haters and bash on sideshow products for no reason. Maybe you just like playing the victim card.

As far as my recollection, anytime a Sideshow SW product has been announced, there can't ever be a thread discussing it without dragging Medicom products into the discussion. "oh this figure is awesome unlike medicom figures that are too short". "horrible luke likeness, glad sideshow got theirs right".

I know that I am right here because this is the whole reason why we even have a Mediworld forum. To have a place away from the sideshow fanboys where we can discuss medicom stuff without having to answer to anyone or defend anything.

It's just that things have spiraled into a state of where people in the middle don't even know what is going on. All they know is what they see now, and to them it looks like Medicom fans are the ones wanting to cause trouble or something. Some people have even gone so far as to put a label on Medicom fans, "medicommies" , "medi-kids", "medi-swingers".

Just makes me laugh when i read that Medi fans are the ones to blame. Since day one at RS forum we've had to endure the endless SS fanboys and their precious figures.

As for the the anti-Medicom feelings here - I think that's a myth perpetuated by those Medicom fans that continually bash Sideshow and sometimes project a condescending attitude towards other companies.

Come on Dave that is totally one sided. I can't blame you though because as I said in my previous post, most people here don't even know the origins of this so called Medicom vs Sideshow thing.

Back on RS forum when SS first announced they were doing the SW line all people could do was say how crappy medicom SW figures that were already out were, and how it is a Godsend that SS is doing the license.

That has transpired 2 events. The creation of Mediworld forum, and also it has seeped its way onto this forum.

Now granted most people here are pretty loyal to the forum so I doubt they'd know what went on over at RS before hand. So like I said, all they see is that Medi fans are "bashing" sideshow stuff. But frankly from my experience, Medi fans have always had to explain themselves when it comes to product. Believe me or not, I dont care. And no i'm not trying to play any victim card. For one I didnt start this discussion, just trying to clear some things, but that probably wont matter.

It's just funny to me because im pretty sure IrishJedi thinks of me as one of the 3 or 4 "insufferable kids". I just think a lot of this anti-sideshow stuff from medi fans is people seeing what they want to see.

Now back to Mathew fox. i like the clothing a lot, looks top notch. but im not sold enough on the sculpt.

These Medi/SS "discussions" never fail to happen.

As far as the figure goes, I think the likeness is okay but not great. Even if it was, I doubt I'd buy it. I love Lost but can't see myself getting figures of regular looking people. Although I might change my mind if they do a Locke figure.

Minivader, what is this motoko you speak of? ever since I read Death Note i've been scouring for some more interesting and mature anime & manga. And Yotsuba, cuz it's hilarious. :)

motoko kusanagi from ghost in the shell. I think the release date is july/aug 08.

deathnote is awesome, though I like L better than Near. its kinda like X files, should ended on a high note. though I still really dig the ending. :D yotsuba is great! one of the best manga I read recently. I wish medi would make a 1/6 yotsuba, their rah 220 would be perfect for it.

motoko kusanagi from ghost in the shell. I think the release date is july/aug 08.

deathnote is awesome, though I like L better than Near. its kinda like X files, should ended on a high note. though I still really dig the ending. :D yotsuba is great! one of the best manga I read recently. I wish medi would make a 1/6 yotsuba, their rah 220 would be perfect for it.

I googled it after I read your post and realized it was Ghost In The Shell, duh! I know the original movie but never followed the series. Unfortunately, a lot of the themes have been imitated to death so it's a little blah to me now.

Everybody likes L better than Near :) There is definitely a lull in the middle/second half but DN does finish strong. The L mask at the end gave me the creeps.

There may be no Medi yet, but Revoltech made this little gem -

yots1.jpg

Everybody likes L better than Near :) There is definitely a lull in the middle/second half but DN does finish strong. The L mask at the end gave me the creeps.

There may be no Medi yet, but Revoltech made this little gem -

yots1.jpg

one character I really liked in DN was naomi misora, she showed almost equal intellegence as L, and she was much closer to finding the identity of kira than L was when she was murdered. i really wished she didn't die the way she did. never found her body either. :monkey2

yeah, I really like that revoltech yutsuba, and their danboard is super cool. but I have always thought why not just make a danboard myself? it is made outta paper box.:lol:lol:lol:lol

Come on Dave that is totally one sided. I can't blame you though because as I said in my previous post, most people here don't even know the origins of this so called Medicom vs Sideshow thing.

Back on RS forum when SS first announced they were doing the SW line all people could do was say how crappy medicom SW figures that were already out were, and how it is a Godsend that SS is doing the license.

That has transpired 2 events. The creation of Mediworld forum, and also it has seeped its way onto this forum.

Now granted most people here are pretty loyal to the forum so I doubt they'd know what went on over at RS before hand. So like I said, all they see is that Medi fans are "bashing" sideshow stuff. But frankly from my experience, Medi fans have always had to explain themselves when it comes to product. Believe me or not, I dont care. And no i'm not trying to play any victim card. For one I didnt start this discussion, just trying to clear some things, but that probably wont matter.

It's just funny to me because im pretty sure IrishJedi thinks of me as one of the 3 or 4 "insufferable kids". I just think a lot of this anti-sideshow stuff from medi fans is people seeing what they want to see.

Now back to Mathew fox. i like the clothing a lot, looks top notch. but im not sold enough on the sculpt.

I was not aware of what went on at RS I but I did see a lot of Sideshow bashing happening both there and here. From the perspective of this board it did appear that there was just as much an unfair Medi-bias as there was from some Sideshow supporters here.

But I would like to see the discussion of Medicom figures on this board remain free of the "it sucks" and reflex comments that, from my perception, have been leveled by the Medicom supporters towards Sideshow product sometimes unfairly.

So for all figures - voice your opinion - but just because you disagree with someone is no reason to trash something they like.

I personally just like to make fun of everybody, especially Steve Nash fans.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

It is sort of an old and tired debate, but for whatever reason people need to dredge it up over and over again. All the companies have there pluses and minuses. And usually it starts off innocently enough and then next thing you know people are owning one another and others are put on ignore.

I'll admit to stiring the pot at times, and also getting annoyed when others feel the need to crap on a figure or company. Maybe we'll get to a point, on this forum at least, where it isn't necessary to own one another :lol

the release date is aug, 08. there is not one online retailer that constantly has the cheapest medicoms. sometime you have to hunt for the best prices. also, not all medi are priced the same, some are retailed for $99 (X3 wolverine, SM3 etc) and some are $150.(star wars, mostly) your best bet is
check them all. BBTS currently have some medi on clearance, so you might find some cool deal there.

One more note, very few online site carries all the medicom releases. hobbylinkjapan carries most of them, so does hobby search. I have only dealt with hlj, it was pretty easy and simple.

Thank you very much for all the info :)

Back